ghstbstr

How to use Steam Big Picture Mode to play this game so I can use an Xbox One controller?

My question is.. How to use Steam Big Picture Mode to play this game so I can use an Xbox One controller?

I am new to this game and I have noticed that the game actually allows the use of a controller. If you go in the settings by changing each key function and selecting which button on the controller you want to use, and it does work to a point. The bad part about this is of the controllers that I have I notice that the one if not both of the sticks makes the character continuously move.

So I tried to use Steam like I do with all other pc games that I play, but the use of the launcher that is needed to play the game and not use the game .exe I can't seem to get the Steam Big Picture Mode to work in game. I want to use Steam and it's Big Picture Mode because I can adjust the deadzone of the sticks on my controller so the characters in games don't move.

Please keep your comments to yourself about using a controller to play a game like this on pc or get gud with a kb/m, because I want to use a controller and I will figure it out eventually but I need help to get this work.

If anyone please can help me with this it will be much appreciated.

Thanks.

It's impossible to play this game on controller. Because amount of buttons on controllers is not enough to cover all the key combinations in this game.

Edited by molchanoviv

Even if you could use a controller with Tarkov, you would get wrecked... Mouse and keyboard is far superior and I'm not saying that as a PC snob or anything, I'm just being honest with you.

Actually there is because each button can be used for more than one thing. For instance reg button press, double pressing, press and hold. And I have already set up the game to be used in Steam for a controller, and in game. So that's not the issue, as the issue is getting the game to work with Steam and if that not possible than I just need to fix the deadzone of the sticks in game some how. And I can play very well with a controller compared to a kb/m, and I have done this in other shooters with on or off line.

Edited by ghstbstr

PLEASE DON'T POST A REPLY IF YOU DON'T HAVE ANY ACTUAL HELP, BECAUSE SAYING DON'T USE A CONTROLLER OR THIS GAME ISN'T FOR YOU ISN'T HELPING.

IF YOU CAN'T UNDERSTAND THAT THEN DON'T POST ANYTHING.

This is because this game is not accessible with steam yet, so you wont be able to use a controller. Also please take note of our forum rules as you broke 

7.7. Text formatting abuse

The forum forbids excessive use of text formatting, intended or not, that makes text hard or impossible to read.  Such actions are considered as offence.

Consider this your verbal warn.