Sign in to follow this  
Lolsteelz

Scope Lag issues

Lolsteelz

Hey guys, I know players have had issues with scopes dramatically drop their FPS and it's a problem I use to have in earlier versions of the game. For awhile, it got A LOT better to the point where I didn't lose a really noticeable amount of frames when using 4x scopes or anything of the type. . But for some reason, here more recently(with the update that released the new Interchange map) I've gotten a HUGE problem with any type of zoomed scope(Not red dots, EOTechs, ect.). Whenever I have any zoomed scope equipped I lag dramatically. This lag occurs even when not scoping AND when scoping in(becomes worse). Just with the weapon with the scope being in my hands this lag happens. I haven't seen anyone else post about an issue like this one. Has this been a problem others have been having that I just haven't seen? This has REALLY hurt the my enjoyment of this game because I'm forced to have to use only red dot like scopes. And being a play that typically enjoys going into raids with full gear along with a M4/AK with a HAMR/Red-Dot or something of the such this issue has been a huge thorn in my side. .

FPS goes from a normal 60-70, to 40 with a scoped weapon in my hands AND 20 FPS when scoped in

Is this a problem other players have been having? 

If so, are there any fixes or things I can do that will help this?

I miss using scopes =[.

Edited by Lolsteelz
  • Upvote 1

dapps

I get major fps drops this patch when ADS. also when players or scavs appears in front of me i get screen freezes... i don't need to explain how effed up that is.

when no players on screen i get 90+ consistently. just when i ADS, or pplayers apppear that mt frames ALWAYS drop and more often than not i get dramatic screen stutters. this causes my death at least 50% of the time.

since they put a server in oceanic (i.e. close to me) this patch is by far the worst performance yet

tobiassolem

This question has been raised a great many times on these forums.

The short explanation is:

When you use a scope, the game needs to render details at a further distance AS WELL as nearby, thus more polygons are calculated, and thus more juice is required.

This is what happens in most games. Unless you use simplified solutions (for example - keep poly-count the same, thus simplifying what can be seen at distance). The problems is that most of these solutions are artificial and tend to look pretty horrible.

The best option is to optimize the game further I think. Which happens at the very end of the beta phase.

Lolsteelz
On 6/1/2018 at 4:39 PM, tobiassolem said:

This question has been raised a great many times on these forums.

The short explanation is:

When you use a scope, the game needs to render details at a further distance AS WELL as nearby, thus more polygons are calculated, and thus more juice is required.

This is what happens in most games. Unless you use simplified solutions (for example - keep poly-count the same, thus simplifying what can be seen at distance). The problems is that most of these solutions are artificial and tend to look pretty horrible.

The best option is to optimize the game further I think. Which happens at the very end of the beta phase.

Yes, that has been brought up a lot. But, if you read the post you'd know that I've already spoke of that issue and it's not that. This problem occurs while even having the scope attached to the weapon. Not only ADSing. I'm asking if anyone else has had the issue of it seeming to try and render as if they where scoped in, when they're not.