ghstbstr

Will there ever be support for controllers(Xbox One) for this game on pc?

ghstbstr

Will there ever be support for controllers(Xbox One) for this game on pc?

I'm only asking because I play all pc games that on Steam with my Xbox One controller but this game doesn't work on Steam Big Picture Mode because of the use of the Launcher, so since it doesn't will there ever be proper controller support?

Thanks.

ghstbstr

bump...

I would like to know as this will decide if I can play the game. Thanks.

thesxw

i think its impossible to implement controller to this kind of shooter (too much buttons right now - and there will be more)

moving - changing type of moving - navigate menu inspect weapon shoot lean ... there is poo tons of keybindings to implement and i think controller dont have that much buttons ...

but maybe ?? soon tm ;)

• Upvote 1

beddamischia

You can't play a fps on pc with a controller, you'd be free meat for everyone

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

ynnus86

Isn't EFT challenging enough so you switch to controller instead of mouse and keyboard? :D
I don't think - even with controller support - you would get lucky with a controller here. So better get used to mouse and keyboard.

ghstbstr

I have always been better with a controller than a k/b, and I always will be. Also it possible to bind all of the controls to a controller even with this game, because you can do this with Steam's Big Picture Mode each button can have regular press, double click, and hold the botton and that's some of things you can do with a contoller. The S.T.A.L.K.E.R. fps games have a lot of key bindings and it has always been a game with no controller support, but in Steam's Big Picture Mode using a controller is possible and it works really good in the game.

So this game could work with a controller, and it already kinda does in the menu by selecting what bottons on the controller you want to use but in the game the controller doesn't work that well because of stick drift.

I would like the launcher that is currently being used to have an option or a setting to automatically just play/start the game, and then I could use Steam's Big Picture Mode to use a controller and set it up to my liking to be able to play this game.

GasT79

Once released its supposed to become available on Steam so then you can use Big Picture.

ghstbstr
7 hours ago, GasT79 said:

Once released its supposed to become available on Steam so then you can use Big Picture.

Full release when next year, 2 years, 5 years? Or just make it so the launcher will play the game without clicking on play in the launcher.

GasT79
3 minutes ago, ghstbstr said:

Full release when next year, 2 years, 5 years? Or just make it so the launcher will play the game without clicking on play in the launcher.

I would guess its a extremely low priotity to implement a controller support for a hardcore sim niche game..

ghstbstr

bump.... to developers.

I want to enjoy playing Tarkov with my friend so please add controller support or allow the game Launcher to work with Steam Big Picture Mode. Thanks.

ghstbstr

bump.... to developers.

I want to enjoy playing Tarkov with my friend so please add controller support or allow the game Launcher to work with Steam Big Picture Mode. Thanks.

RooZvonBooZ

Tried using my Steam controller and it worked when I launched the game through steam big picture mode.

That being said, it was not optimal at all. There is simply too many keybinds and combinations to consider using a controller.

It was fun to try but EFT is not a controller friendly game, and I doubt it ever will be.

mattywatty2012
On 7/12/2018 at 10:19 AM, ghstbstr said:

bump.... to developers.

Controller support is the last thing on anyone's mind, especially since the game is PC exclusive and already a niche, either get used to it or thanks for the donation.

Czecher

Controller with aimbot help like in many other FPS  games....bcs kids will start crying cause u cant beat mause aim.....

Shepherd2305

Oh, plz plz plz! Add controller support with aim assist or port it over to consoles so I can play it with my friends who can't afford a gaming PC! I love this game but I'm just too terrible with a mouse & keyboard to enjoy the game. I'd gladly buy the edge of darkness edition if I knew I could enjoy the game again! Keep up the good work guys, y'all are awesome!

HappyCamper
On 6/5/2018 at 10:01 AM, ghstbstr said:

I have always been better with a controller than a k/b, and I always will be.

Used to say that when I was a little kid......... But than I actually got into pc gaming and learned that for some games, like Tarkov, mouse and keyboard will always win. Unless you really suck at using those of course :P

forrestmw

You can always play these kind of games on controllers, you can sacrifice less important controls as well, its always annoying when people just insist that you use a MaK just because they do and they think you should as well..

CADhammer

I would be very surprised if there wasnt some way to force controller.  For instance like that one guy said he DID do it by launchingg through Steam, so that would answer your question then right?

I wouldnt expect Dev support for this one, but I'm sure you could do it the hard way, or hack in some controller support somehow.

Dusty747
On 6/5/2018 at 12:10 PM, ghstbstr said:

Full release when next year, 2 years, 5 years? 

I wouldn't expect it will ever release, it will be abandoned by the diminishing player base, or the devs out of their inability to fix stutters and broken scavs sometime within 5 years

Schaefer

I have used my steam controler with tarkov.

You only have to add tarkov as a non steam game , do your button layout and use big picture.

spillyphil
Posted (edited)
On 6/5/2018 at 1:45 AM, beddamischia said:

You can't play a fps on pc with a controller, you'd be free meat for everyone

What this guy said. The mouse is WAY more accurate and can basically snap lock to the desired location almost effortlessly. In comparison having to precisely control a 360 degree axis like a modern gaming pad features would be painfully slow and inaccurate.

This is why all console shooters feature some sort of aiming assist rather you notice it or not.

Edited by spillyphil

Bishop916

Ive been using controller since Arma 2 and my bindings are complex. I use Xpadder i can basically do anything and map anything using tap or hold and multi button bindings. I also woop ass in Arma ive killed thousands of MaK players.