eftballistics

I support BSG on this reddit situation. After all, BSG is making Tarkov, not the reddit.

Not going to consider this fistfight. When push comes to shove, BSGs developers spent all that work and time to create the game. The reddit is not required for me to have fun playing the game.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Well i understand why they did this. Reddit, and the size of the community there, is a pretty hefty weapon to swing around. If BSG suddenly has thousands  of people coming to the forum to complain the subreddit has closed down for something they are being accused of doing, they are bound to take notice. 

In this, it is a highly effective action and we are witnessing it right now. My guess is that it's going according to plan.

This isn't to punish BSG, this is to get Nikita to finally notice that the 3 major Community Managers have been pulling wool over his eyes for ages.

He is going to see all of this and realise the type of people beneath him hiding information from him.

• Like 2

Gerade eben schrieb LordVIP3R:

This isn't to punish BSG, this is to get Nikita to finally notice that the 3 major Community Managers have been pulling wool over his eyes for ages.

He is going to see all of this and realise the type of people beneath him hiding information from him.

I think people are making drama out of nothing trying to blackmail the devs into doing stuff. I don't care about community managers or reddits. All I want is a new drum mag every patch.

Just now, eftballistics said:

I think people are making drama out of nothing trying to blackmail the devs into doing stuff. I don't care about community managers or reddits. All I want is a new drum mag every patch.

I know, I love tarkov and I loved moderating these forums seeing new items, seeing everyone's excitement.

But those 3 people I mentioned, ruined my view on the community, and ruined the excitement and enthusiasm of every single staff member under their power.

Remember how the forums used to be, and still are, censor fest? as well as reddit being censor fest? Yeah, thank the 3 community managers.

Denis, Natalino, and Colonel Twerkins.

• Upvote 1

Gerade eben schrieb LordVIP3R:

I know, I love tarkov and I loved moderating these forums seeing new items, seeing everyone's excitement.

But those 3 people I mentioned, ruined my view on the community, and ruined the excitement and enthusiasm of every single staff member under their power.

Remember how the forums used to be, and still are, censor fest? as well as reddit being censor fest? Yeah, thank the 3 community managers.

Denis, Natalino, and Colonel Twerkins.

Both forum and reddit are a censor fest but BSG is making the game, my favorite game. Reddit does nothing except filter and ban stuff.

3 minutes ago, eftballistics said:

Both forum and reddit are a censor fest but BSG is making the game, my favorite game. Reddit does nothing except filter and ban stuff.

Yep.

They filter and ban stuff at the order of the people I mentioned. We regular moderators, etc. were quite happy for you guys to criticise and talk about the game and discuss. They felt otherwise...

Sorry, still can't understand how removing one particular CM (no matter the reason) affect independent subreddit. I mean  it's independent and BSG cannot affect it in any way.

15 minutes ago, eftballistics said:

That's why the discord is the best platform.

• Like 1

vor 19 Minuten schrieb Madzai:

Sorry, still can't understand how removing one particular CM (no matter the reason) affect independent subreddit. I mean  it's independent and BSG cannot affect it in any way.

The reddit moderators have some hallucination that they have actual power over BSG. That's the hilarious thing about it. BSG spent the last 5 years making the game, to a high standard, 50+ people working it. And then a bunch of guys on a reddit whose purpose is to edit topics and flairs comes in and tries to sway BSG with some publicity blackmail. That's a mouse trying to intimidate a cat

8 минут назад, eftballistics сказал:

The reddit moderators have some hallucination that they have actual power over BSG. That's the hilarious thing about it. BSG spent the last 5 years making the game, to a high standard, 50+ people working it. And then a bunch of guys on a reddit whose purpose is to edit topics and flairs comes in and tries to sway BSG with some publicity blackmail. That's a mouse trying to intimidate a cat

That's exactly how i feel about all this situation. Just tried to clarify it in different threads, but somehow people who started the whole thing are dodging the direct answers. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Madzai said:

That's exactly how i feel about all this situation. Just tried to clarify it in different threads, but somehow people who started the whole thing are dodging the direct answers. 

Think thast the whole problem with BSG they dont have dedicated PR guys to handle all that! Think they should have a experience guy on that position!

1 минуту назад, Bats сказал:

Think thast the whole problem with BSG they dont have dedicated PR guys to handle all that! Think they should have a experience guy on that position!

They have such people. It's just subreddit owners don't like some of them and BSG booted the one they liked.

What makes this especially lame is that the reddit moderators tried to frustrate their visitors and then direct that frustration towards BSG to get what they want. That is highly abusive, dishonest and pretentious. That's like steering a herd of angry hoofed animals into a certain direction.

This is stupid. All that happened was BSG demoted a friend of all of the moderators, and the moderators are now holding the rest of the community hostage to try to coerce BSG into re-hiring this guy. It can't possibly work, either. What kind of working relationship could possibly come out of a company being coerced into re-hiring a guy they just fired? No good could possibly come of that, and all the moderators are doing is creating more bad blood between BSG and the community. This whole thing is asinine.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, geechmd said:

This is stupid. All that happened was BSG demoted a friend of all of the moderators, and the moderators are now holding the rest of the community hostage to try to coerce BSG into re-hiring this guy. It can't possibly work, either. What kind of working relationship could possibly come out of a company being coerced into re-hiring a guy they just fired? No good could possibly come of that, and all the moderators are doing is creating more bad blood between BSG and the community. This whole thing is asinine.

Amen. It's the Old Boys Redditor club complaining that they aren't able to wield control over the game's developers. Shame on them for all the coercion. And shame on reddit since this is par for the course. Nothing bugs me more in the current online gaming world than self-aggrandizing Redditors.

• Like 2

vor 30 Minuten schrieb geechmd:

I am sure bsg is going to show them who runs the show.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, eftballistics said:

I am sure bsg is going to show them who runs the show.

The CM got re-hired after the whole ordeal
MRuBL2W.png

This whole issue is separate from the development of the game...

You're quite confused, also how can you not "consider this fistfight" by generating a thread to discuss it?

3 hours ago, eftballistics said:

Lol what?!?! 5 years creating the completely broken "beta"?

Highest quality… .

People need to stop defending thus game… sorry tech demo. We all paid but what has our money done? Nothing as far as i can tell. Same old broken stuff patch after patch. Completely broken.

If i gave a piece of software like this to the next level at work, they would laugh and probably fire the whole team. 

• Sad 1

Three sides to every story,

their side

the other side

the truth

No way to know the complete truth here (don't really care tbh either) and I am no judge nor jury nor expert on the situation, I am just a player. So I'll leave managing to the developer of this game and just gripe about netcode and desync issues while I continue to play and have faith in a title I want to succeed.

• Like 1

vor 5 Stunden schrieb Mr_Sheep:

God i really hate the person who caused all this 

Hey Sheep, i thought you where an admin?? Or im wrong?? O.o

B2t, the whole discussion ist not important. In my opinion is bsg the team what tells the way they wanna go, not some guys in a reddit forum. 

Just so you guys know, the previous forum thread regarding the whole issue has been deleted, removed, or otherwise hidden from being accessed.

Just thought you guys crying about censorship would like to know what the official BSG MO is.

Even beyond this, all notifications of the 6700+ view thread which I received personally, have been culled from my profile and i'm not sure by whom, or why.

Edited by qS_Sachiel