Sign in to follow this  
theroyalfake

I feel like the only one.

Seriously. My squad and I feel like we are the only ones that are not doing the pistol glitch. 99% of players we killed last night had glitched pistols.

If you are so bad at this game that you have to glitch your pistol in fear of losing it, you're going to have a bad time. Any news on this being fixed? Along with the door glitch on factory?

Well, the discussion has been going on for quite some time. Battlestate has even considered perhaps making it so you can't put any weapon, ever in the secure container. 

But we will see. In the end its a glitch that keeps coming back. Annoyingly.

I don't know how to do it and I don't want to know how to do it..... because I never run with a pistol only. Pistols are for tossers :P

On 6/3/2018 at 6:53 AM, northofnowhere said:

It is rather annoying, but it surely is fun to kill them and make fun of who pathetic they are.

oof, pathetic bringing a not too well known glitch to being extremely well known in hopes of it being fixed asap while the game is still in beta

O o O o F

Also the glitch is caused by the inventory and loadout system, it's very hard to totally fix and there are really only band-aids to be put in place. One was already not allowing hotbar-ing items put into the Secured Container, but this newfound way to do it is just adding another storage device in the interim - rigs. And there's a way to move items without the inventory system thinking you moved it (otherwise it would remove hot-barred items).

In which case the only true way to fix this bug is to rewrite a large part of the inventory and loadout system. But they can just keep throwing band-aids on it if they want, it will only come back like it already has (stop rigs from being put in Secured Containers).

It doesn't help that there is a select few YouTubers who have taken it upon themselves to post videos of them doing the glitch as some sort of an 'exposure' or 'message to BSG' to get them to fix the issue. It does more harm than good, since players see the videos and perform the glitch.

For now, the only way to deal with it is to just deal with it. It is going to happen, unfortunately.

An example of the aforementioned YouTuber would be this.

While the majority of content on his channel isn't glitches per-se, it's still frustrating to see that someone with good intention is doing more harm than good.

I just made a post about 2 losers that killed my wife with glitched pistols. I flanked them and killed them both, and they both had those guns. Funny thing is they could not even pick up her dog tag because they had their gamma full with the vest it takes to do the stupid glitch. I find at least 7 of 10 kills have glitched guns. Its seriously an issue. I wish they would fix it already. 

For those that did not know, the glitch is already solved/fixed but the patch for it will be out with the next update. Stay away from glitches. Thanks!

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Natalino said:

For those that did not know, the glitch is already solved/fixed but the patch for it will be out with the next update. Stay away from glitches. Thanks!

Since the beggining guys always reach a way to make the pistol glitch, at least 4 ways to do it in the last 4 months.

I really hope this fix will be full fix.

5 hours ago, Natalino said:

I weighed in on this subject w/ a post of my own last week....and a great deal of folks,not all but, a great deal find it (glitching) as a way to bring dev's attention to prioritize the fixing of these glitches. This their way of saying that they've reported it correctly and the devs know about the glitch but, refuse to step up and fix it ASAP.

So then, they decide if there is not going to be an immediate solution to fix it....the bright idea is to record it and distribute it out on videos to the masses to utilize it to put pressure on the devs to get on the ball. And then have the balls to say that its what we are tesing for and the game not being fully released is the measuring stick for allowing and encouraging said glitch to be utilized by the whole community because the game will get wiped again so no harm,no foul.

I think this kind of opinion is detrimentally flawed as far as holding yourself and this game and how its to be played,to have any integrity for the investment that the whole playerbase has voluntarily and is willing to participate in.

I personally don't glitch anything within the game and I think that anyone that does and distributes,encourages others to do so should be reprimanded and treated as a hacker and reported as such.Just because the game is not finished doesn't mean its any less an offense to fair gameplay and the rules set up by BSG.

13 hours ago, Admiralbull63 said:

I weighed in on this subject w/ a post of my own last week....and a great deal of folks,not all but, a great deal find it (glitching) as a way to bring dev's attention to prioritize the fixing of these glitches. This their way of saying that they've reported it correctly and the devs know about the glitch but, refuse to step up and fix it ASAP.

That's an excuse every glitcher uses. Simple!

It's like saying, we should rob this bank to show how bad the security is so that they fix the issue. Doesn't make sense right? Exactly!

14 hours ago, kalurosu said:

I really hope this fix will be full fix.

Yes and if more pops up and we get reports, we will get on it ASAP.

2 hours ago, Natalino said:

It's like saying, we should rob this bank to show how bad the security is so that they fix the issue. Doesn't make sense right? Exactly!

Fair point, but banks usually don't have security that has as many (easy) flaws as EFT has.

Also lots of software compagny's (including the one's that sell software for the banks) hire hackers to try to break their stuff, to find weak spots and fix them. I see this period of "Beta" time the same way, the stuff we break can and should be fixed.

But yea the logic that some people use to justify glitching is kind of backwards.

4 hours ago, Natalino said:

Yes and if more pops up and we get reports, we will get on it ASAP.

We´ll never stop to send you the bugs dude, don't give up guys!

Edited by kalurosu

7 hours ago, Natalino said:

Cant really agree, when at least of of these glitches has been known and been around causing issues for YEARS. devs have yet to fix it. Go ahead break the game. They say they wont take a stance on glitchers, macro users, then this is what you get. 1 simple thing would fix most of the weapon glitches and dupes, yes it's been around for at least a year. Obviously reports have fallen on deaf ears, and now other means of throwing it in their face is actually working since they are actually doing something about it.

I think the special cases need a rework.  They should only be for items that would be obnoxious to lose in a raid.  An example being a full key bar or documents case.  Quest items and barter good that are currently quest items I am ok with.  But just prevent guns, magazines, vest, and bags from being put in (also bitcoins if they are going to be so valuable).  The developers have stated they really want to emphasize the realism and I applaud them for putting in bullet packing, and making black legs have a more detrimental effect.  Just a personal wish, I would like to see a player with a black arm required to use a side arm but thats just me. 

Yet the gamma container contradicts this and the core gameplay.  

I have the standard edition so with the document case thats only 2 blocks for me to put something that isn't paper money.  It means a lot of thing that gamma players can safely secure I have to actually get out alive.  The entire match is tense followed by massive adrenaline rushes from firefights that can last a few seconds.  Its why I play.  

Lets end this carebear container mentality and actually have the high risk, high reward that makes the game great.  Im always having to think about things like "do I risk continuing in resort or get out?"  Well with a gamma I wouldn't be having those thoughts because all those gun attachments would be safe and sound.

Just my thoughts.

• Like 1

So they want to expand the stash size and that will bring a wipe. GIVE ME A BREAK.

Fine, wipe if you need to but don't do it for stash size?!  Do it because you fixed all the game breaking issue there are.

(Looking into the future): Day 1 after wipe. Level 6 PMC rocking lvl 52 str/end gun glitching a weapon not even in the game yet, flying around in your stash jacking all your best items then manipulating you into deleting your config files on your pc. (Day 2): Buys a copy of my little mermaid.

Not only pistols.  One of the reasons I am on a break from the game is because now at least 1 person in each raid is glitching m4's into their secure container.

It is all the more frustrating because the answer is so simple.  Remove the ability to place ANY weapon, or any chest rig, into secure containers.  No guns into containers what-so-ever.  Problem solved.

18 hours ago, jukeboxknox said:

Cant really agree, when at least of of these glitches has been known and been around causing issues for YEARS. devs have yet to fix it. Go ahead break the game. They say they wont take a stance on glitchers, macro users, then this is what you get.

1. The game has been out for less than 2 years and the glitch was present not even a year.
  2. It has been fixed multiple times and it has been gone multiple times but like I said before, players find new ways to do it and it keeps getting fixed. Hopefully for the last time this time around.
  3. We do take a stance against glicthers by saying we do not encourage the use of it. Buty we cannot ban someone for it because this game is under development and you are a tester. If we banned for it, we could ban someone the innocent and also discourage testing of various game issues which is useful for the betterment of the game.
  4. The same thing with Macros and as stated before, we are taking various measures to break the mass use of macros.

1 simple thing would fix most of the weapon glitches and dupes, yes it's been around for at least a year.

My answer is above and no it is not a simple thing. Not sure how much of an expert you are or know how the game is designed to actually know its difficulty to use it.

Obviously reports have fallen on deaf ears,

No, they have not. They never did. We have fixed it multiple times. When it is not a mass known thing, you do not hear of it and its fixed behind the curtain which is how it should be because we will not say, HEY abuse this and then we will fix it. Because that will ruin the experience of the non-user glitcher.

19 hours ago, jukeboxknox said:

and now other means of throwing it in their face is actually working since they are actually doing something about it.

There always have been done something about it. You do not know how many game breaking glitches have been fixed without you even knowing they existed. And that is because of the loyal community members who make PRIVATE listed videos and send it to us. But if someone who just wanted to use the excuse of glitching or increase in views uses such glitches for personal gain, it ruins the experience of the player base and doesn't benefit the development in any way or form. In fact, it hurts the community in general and they are the criminal of the act. Not the hero. 

One of the main person showing this glitch off was asked by our COO to remove the video for the sake of the community but refused to do it. But he states he wants to bring awareness and attention of BSG (Which could have been done by sending a report) and he was given an acknowledgment that he got it but he refused to actually do it. What do you call that? Heroism or personal gain and being the cause of the issue you and many players are facing now due to the increase of weapon glitchers. 

After all, this, if you disagree with what I said, this only tells me that you are also using said glitch for personal gains.

1 hour ago, Natalino said:

One of the main person showing this glitch off was asked by our COO to remove the video for the sake of the community but refused to do it. But he states he wants to bring awareness and attention of BSG (Which could have been done by sending a report) and he was given an acknowledgment that he got it but he refused to actually do it. What do you call that? Heroism or personal gain and being the cause of the issue you and many players are facing now due to the increase of weapon glitchers. 

I think that glitch guy is pretty immature and a bit misguided.  I get that he wants to see improvements in the game and I get that forcing the issue makes it political, so the developers have to drop what they're doing and prioritize it.  But honestly where I'm sitting the gun glitch isn't the biggest cause of frustration a couple of months post wipe.  It's still netcode and the bullshit deaths we get due to 'peakers advantage'.  

When guys take it into their own hands not to report bugs and publish how to cheat youtube vids, the negative publicity dissuades potential players from buying the game and a minor issue becomes a major nightmare that the developers have to address.  Both of these ultimately impact on the game and our enjoyment.  

If you do find a way to break the game, report it.  Give the dev's a chance.  If they persistantly ignore you, then consider going viral but only as a last resort.

That's my two cents .  

I wonder though, how many people that experience weird deaths, and say they are being "netcoded" actually take the time to write a report, and add videos, screenshots or logs. Because at this point i am kind of assuming that everyone thinks BSG is "aware" of it and has stopped reporting, or simply never reported it in the first place. 

BSG isnt psychic, they do all they can to fix things they are aware of, they even contacted the guy that made the netcode video to get his help in fixing it. But again, if no one tells them theres a problem, then there isnt a problem, surely you must understand this?

Posting videos on youtube, or streamers complaining to their chat, are not valid ways to post bug reports.

vor 4 Stunden schrieb Natalino:

1. We do take a stance against glicthers by saying we do not encourage the use of it. Buty we cannot ban someone for it because this game is under development and you are a tester. If we banned for it, we could ban someone the innocent and also discourage testing of various game issues which is useful for the betterment of the game.

Why don't you introduce temporary bans for like 24 hours or 48 hours for minor abuses like glitch abusing and macro using? I understand you don't want to ban the whole account for that, but if somebody abuses glitches he is disturbing other peoples ability to test this game as well. Also the player base gets annoyed (not only real hackers/cheaters but glitchers as well!) so it's better for your success and the success of the game to do something against it.  A little temporary ban could scare people off doing it. (Seen in other video games like PUBG that even big streamers abusing glitches got banned for 24 hours, valid way to deal with this). Please think about this, it could really help to calm down the community after all the glitches and hacks that occur right now.

On 6/6/2018 at 9:54 AM, Natalino said:

when?

It's the answer people want. 

vor 12 Minuten schrieb ynnus86:

Why don't you introduce temporary bans for like 24 hours or 48 hours for minor abuses like glitch abusing and macro using? I understand you don't want to ban the whole account for that, but if somebody abuses glitches he is disturbing other peoples ability to test this game as well. Also the player base gets annoyed (not only real hackers/cheaters but glitchers as well!) so it's better for your success and the success of the game to do something against it.  A little temporary ban could scare people off doing it. (Seen in other video games like PUBG that even big streamers abusing glitches got banned for 24 hours, valid way to deal with this). Please think about this, it could really help to calm down the community after all the glitches and hacks that occur right now.

Thats what he said . This game is early Acess / beta whatever.. So it got bugs / glitches and so on.

You need guys like these , do you want a game full released with 1000 of glitches ? Where 1 glitch can break the whole economy system of the game ? .

You cant punish them for finding errors insided a game .- especially the developers need them to  fix the whole code.

There are so many Videos and really simple one's , that shows you how the trigger worked , and when the dev's can see these videos and they now exactly what to do and where the problem is.