Zickzack00

Don't set your FOV - value too high

In the most Games I am used to play with the largest FOV as the feeling of velocity is much more realistic and you can (obviously) see a lot more.

But it's different in Tarkov, I think the most of you already might have  noticed that with a high FOV - value the scope is more distant and its might be harder to aim (with certain scopes it is worse than with others), but when I went in an offline raid to test my recoil control - because I had problems handling some guns - I noticed something more significant: your shots do not align with your scope any more. 

In other words, when firing and automatic rifle the way to control the recoil is to try to stay on the enemy (or in my test on a spot on a wall). But that does not work. If you will test it on your own, you will notice that expect the first few shots, all shots will be far lower then the spot you aimed at - when you have an increased fov. 

By this, it is basically nearly impossible to have a decent recoil control with a larger fov as all your shots (on mid range) will hit the ground even when aiming right on the enemy.

weird

i never max out my FOV anyway, it makes the game seem too fish-eye lensey. i think i have it set to 60 or 65

• Like 1

I will file a detailed report tomorrow :)

Technically the best value should be the lowest but I haven't tested it thoroughly and also it is way to limited in my opinion, a value between 55 and 60 should be the best, at least it feels like a good in between

• Like 1

On 6/3/2018 at 10:00 PM, Zickzack00 said:

In the most Games I am used to play with the largest FOV as the feeling of velocity is much more realistic and you can (obviously) see a lot more.

But it's different in Tarkov, I think the most of you already might have  noticed that with a high FOV - value the scope is more distant and its might be harder to aim (with certain scopes it is worse than with others), but when I went in an offline raid to test my recoil control - because I had problems handling some guns - I noticed something more significant: your shots do not align with your scope any more. 

In other words, when firing and automatic rifle the way to control the recoil is to try to stay on the enemy (or in my test on a spot on a wall). But that does not work. If you will test it on your own, you will notice that expect the first few shots, all shots will be far lower then the spot you aimed at - when you have an increased fov. 

By this, it is basically nearly impossible to have a decent recoil control with a larger fov as all your shots (on mid range) will hit the ground even when aiming right on the enemy.

What do you mean "except the first few shots"? The first rounds you fire are aligned as intended with the scope but the others aren't?

vor einer Stunde schrieb beddamischia:

What do you mean "except the first few shots"? The first rounds you fire are aligned as intended with the scope but the others aren't?

The longer you fire the higher gets the recoil thus the gun moves stronger and shakes harder. But the most weapons tend to have a really high recoil on the first few shots and when firing for a longer time it gets easier to control. In other words the gun moves up very fast at the beginning and when pulling down to negate the recoil it seems to be the equal amount of distance, atleast that is what I got from my testing.

But I will make a short video showing what I meant a little later today so it is more obvious.

So far so good with FOV at 70.

Tried already with FOV at 55 and my shots go to tha same spot

More info:

15"6 screen - Recoil control at level 12

Here is the video exactly demonstrating what I meant. These are examples and I know that my recoil control is not 100 % the same each try, but I thinks the second clip makes it really obvious and shows that it plays a significant role.

My recoil control is level 7, the first clip is made with a moderatley moddec AK 74 N and the second one with a moderatley modded AKM.

Edited by Zickzack00
  • Thanks 2

В 03.06.2018 в 23:00, Zickzack00 сказал:

Don't set your FOV - value too high

Скрытый текст

Okay (Okay Guy).jpg

Edited by aka_sektor

12 минуты назад, 9029 сказал:

did u guys enter the raid with 75 or 50 FOV?

I did it three or four times, entering with both variants. Still, no difference. But it's weird, because in OP's video there is an insane recoil at 75 fov. I think the problem lies elsewhere. Maybe certain attachments can cause this?

Interesting. Might be attachments. Can someone confirm this?

As we know attachments aren't perfect at the moment. Some are buggy.

17 минут назад, Crayon5991 сказал:

I did it three or four times, entering with both variants. Still, no difference. But it's weird, because in OP's video there is an insane recoil at 75 fov. I think the problem lies elsewhere. Maybe certain attachments can cause this?

Shoot not horizontally but slightly vertically. clamped the shift. there is a difference. aimed at the same horizontal bar.

фоф.jpg

Edited by Merton

vor 2 Stunden schrieb Crayon5991:

Just tested it. I don't have any problems, the groupings are identical.

Inhalt unsichtbar machen

The problem is you aren't trying to negate the recoil. This is very good to see in the second clip @Crayon5991, in other words you can see the position of the first shot (it is the lowest shot), would there have been an enemy you would have missed all shots because they were way to high.

But in the moment you "pull down" to stay on the enemy (aka the position of the first shot), you should notice a severe diffference. Atleast that is my guess. In a normal raid, at the distance of the first clip, it might not be as significant as I thought because it is not absolutely necessary to pull down.

vor 1 Stunde schrieb 5CIENCE:

Interesting. Might be attachments. Can someone confirm this?

As we know attachments aren't perfect at the moment. Some are buggy.

In other words the higher the recoil is when starting to shoot the more significant the effect is as it might not be necessary to "pull down" your weapon that much when it hasn't a high recoil when firing.

In my clip below you can see that in the first clip all shots are centered (with a FOV of 55) and there isn't a single shot which is much lower as in @Crayon5991 s clip. But also I use a weapon with a higher recoil in the second clip which appearingly makes the effect a lot stronger. 

vor 20 Stunden schrieb Zickzack00:

Here is the video exactly demonstrating what I meant. These are examples and I know that my recoil control is not 100 % the same each try, but I thinks the second clip makes it really obvious and shows that it plays a significant role.

My recoil control is level 7, the first clip is made with a moderatley moddec AK 74 N and the second one with a moderatley modded AKM.

You also can test it with silenced PB with the 84 round mag (Prapor) because it was pretty easy to see as you have to "pull down" a lot because of high recoil and huge mag.

By "pull down" I basically just mean that you have to move your mouse downwards so the shots go in the same direction as the first one (in other words to control the recoil - but I don't refer to the skill)

36 минут назад, Zickzack00 сказал:

The problem is you aren't trying to negate the recoil.

Good thought, I understand what you mean.I din't touch my mouse on purpose, because I wanted to see "natural" pattern. I'll make a video with "recoil negation" a bit later. I'm interested how it will work for me.

• Like 1

I can confirm there is a difference, I tested it with a stock AKM on factory just now while recording and I can say the difference is probably enough to stop your from hitting a headshot in my opinion. If anyone would like the recordings I can probably upload them but for now I will just keep them.

EDIT: Just tested it on 65 FOV down from 75 and it seems that playing on 65 produces the same results as playing on 55 FOV, so if anyone can not bare to play in 55 FOV (which is fair) 65 FOV should work just fine.

Edited by KentuckyFriedSpy
  • Like 1

vor 32 Minuten schrieb KentuckyFriedSpy:

I can confirm there is a difference, I tested it with a stock AKM on factory just now while recording and I can say the difference is probably enough to stop your from hitting a headshot in my opinion. If anyone would like the recordings I can probably upload them but for now I will just keep them.

EDIT: Just tested it on 65 FOV down from 75 and it seems that playing on 65 produces the same results as playing on 55 FOV, so if anyone can not bare to play in 55 FOV (which is fair) 65 FOV should work just fine.

Thank you so much for this information !

I tested it again, and yes, I think there is a difference. In these videos I tried compensating recoil as much as I could.

Скрытый текст

• Like 1