Elder-Drake

Are overseas players VPN'ing US servers?

Quick video, poor quality as I did not have capture set up for this and just did a quick replay capture but the fun starts around the 3 minute mark unless you want to watch me marking vehicles for a quest. I know we are not supposed to name and shame but obviously this dude made a handle to make fun of that fact.

and...changing capture quality for these replays because that is painful re-watching.

Edited by Elder-Drake

That looks like a normal hatchet fight to me :P

teleporting all over the room like a dragon ball z vhs tape with bad tracking.   

though i think you are correct and  someone is playing with their ping. 

• Upvote 1

You do not need to vpn in. You just select another Region in the launcher and bam you are invincible. Had a des encounters where I shot a whole Magazin in the Face of a Player and I died. I will not Jump conclusions but it is suspicious. Oh and EFT has a Bad Netcode which needs a lot improvement. 

49 minutes ago, bufanda said:

You do not need to vpn in. You just select another Region in the launcher and bam you are invincible. Had a des encounters where I shot a whole Magazin in the Face of a Player and I died. I will not Jump conclusions but it is suspicious. Oh and EFT has a Bad Netcode which needs a lot improvement. 

The max ping limit for region selection was 250, but has recently been lowered to 150. The thing is that if you never left the region you were playing in, you can still play with up to a 250 ping. The ping limit is also only a factor to enter the server. Once on a server and in a raid your ping can go as high as need be and you won't get kicked out of the match. I tried playing on a foreign server at the beginning of this wipe cycle and once in the raid my ping shot up to over 1400.

Thanks for sharing this video. I use proxy instead of vpn to get access to the game. I don't see another way to play it. Sure the speed is not perfect but it's stable. I have no glitches and can enjoy my fav game. 

Im in China right now and I just make a squad with my friends in the US (no VPN required. i can play with or without)....250 ping sucks ass and i dont think it gives me any benefit. BACK TO USA NEXT WEEK WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO lag free tarkov!! prepare your anuses

Edited by gianluzzz
Profanity removed

On 6/8/2018 at 12:50 PM, Jessy000 said:

Thanks for sharing this video. I use proxy instead of vpn to get access to the game. I don't see another way to play it. Sure the speed is not perfect but it's stable. I have no glitches and can enjoy my fav game. 

How is that possible possible that one can't play or access the same server without using a VPN? I have been using Ivacy VPN for almost a year now and have switched to the same DNS server to access multiplayer games. No ping issues no latency blocks at all. ;)