Trufflex

Beta Release - Simple Suggestion

Trufflex

Kind Regards Escape From Tarkov Team.
I am pleased to suggest or/and ask a question about a simple thing about the beta release.

I know that all or most of the players (I am included) are aware of the launch of Beta this year. I would humbly suggest that the launch be in advance of at least a week or two, with no specific day.

In this way all future participants who have commitments and those who do not, we can organize to enjoy the Beta from its beginnings. This will also favor with all those who have not yet preordered the game. Of course not only will players be aware of the long awaited Beta.

Thank you.

• Upvote 2

mathys27

"I know that all or most of the players (I am included) are aware of the launch of Beta this year."

Don't think so, i have played the alpha at a friends home like 6 hours ago and the game don't look ready for beta.

ewz-Stormy
1 minute ago, mathys27 said:

"I know that all or most of the players (I am included) are aware of the launch of Beta this year."

Don't think so, i have played the alpha at a friends home like 6 hours ago and the game don't look ready for beta.

Well, they just confirmed the Beta launching this year on Twitter ;) Btw. your friend broke the NDA. Just saying.

• Upvote 1

ewz-Stormy

Nope. The NDA is only for the Alpha.

This is what the Beta is all about.

Alpha: Test of the core mechanics to have a solid base to build on. 

Beta: Network optimization, balance tweaks, perfomance optimization.

A lot of people have a wrong idea of what a Beta really is, because AAA publisher such as EA, Ubisoft etc. are launching nearly finished games and label them as "Beta" for free advertising. There's nothing wrong about advertising, but a Beta is supposed to have some bugs and optimization problems. Those are things that are normally fixed while the Beta is running, because there are more people with different PC specs, connections etc. The bad thing is, that people are expecting a bugfree and polished game when they buy games in Beta state. And if there are some bugs or other problems, they start to rage and give the game a bad reputation, which is kinda unfair for the developer.

CleanlyYapper7

Bugs are fun to mess with! But only if they're not in the finished game for obvious reasons. The beta doesn't need to be bug free, the finished product may even have some bugs, but eventually they will all be worked out. (I'm also looking for people to play with so just Msg me if you are too)  

• Upvote 1

Natalino

Yes.  Like it says here, closed beta is confirmed for this year if things go as planned.  And yes they will probably announce it in advance so do not be concerned.

• Upvote 4

Trufflex
3 hours ago, mathys27 said:

Hi Mathys27, i'm following all social media of Escape From Tarkov since 2014, trust me.

About if the beta is ready, it is how @ewz-Stormyis saying.

13 minutes ago, Natalino said:

Yes.  Like it says here, closed beta is confirmed for this year if things go as planned.  And yes they will probably announce it in advance so do not be concerned.

That's what i'm talking about. Hopefully the advance can be more than probable.
Thank you Natalino.

Trufflex
On 21/11/2016 at 10:14 PM, RainingWeeD said:

Stay tune your time will come :ph34r::uninja:

@Rango47

My time has come with this great Black FridayxDB|

MadMatt_AUT
vor 19 Stunden schrieb Rango47:

My time has come with this great Black FridayxDB|

mine too :D

RainingWeeD

dont worry bro its realy soon

JammyJAY

HI,

Yeah Im not to happy, with them taking our money and not even stating when the Beta comes out, It better be soon or Im getting of this boat, been looking forward for this for ages. Just tell us when the Beta is or let us play the frigging Alpha.

Jamie

Xecuter34

@JammyJAY You do realise you have paid for a Pre-order? That's kinda the whole point of pre-ordering a game, so you can get it when it comes out and you needn't worry about having to pay again.

I'm the same boat in you as for looking forward to the game, looks great! But it is a waiting game on them to announce it. It will be out at some point so they won't just decide one day to forget about the Beta and go straight to release.

TLDR: Beta will be out soon :)

• Upvote 1

davidpiksi
4 hours ago, slicksloth said:

probably in 5 months

i would say feb-march cuz they said in the 2016 summary video that it was right around the corner