hazric

if wipe, keep containers?

hazric

I see keeping trader reps as a bigger balance issue if not reset, but containers (tarbanks, wcases, icases, etc) are more of a quality of life feature.

Alot of us grinded hard for our containers and would love to see them kept through a wipe above anything else. I don’t mind doing quests again.

Or maybe EOD players can keep their containers?

• Sad 1

Mr_Sheep

What? m8 you keep your container or whatever if it wipes anyway ( Depends what pack you got ) but if your package is not EOD and you dont start with a weapons case ect, get good or upgrade.

• Sad 2

Forien
2 hours ago, Mr_Sheep said:

What? m8 you keep your container or whatever if it wipes anyway ( Depends what pack you got ) but if your package is not EOD and you dont start with a weapons case ect, get good or upgrade.

He meant that he wants to keep all his 40 weapons cases and 15 item cases upon wipe.

Like... wat? That's terrible idea. 

Also wipes are terrible idea, but since at this moment we are not supposed to play and enjoy the game, but to TEST it, then we have them and I understand that.
But after release there should be no wipes. If there will be wipes after release, many people will simply stop playing. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

thesxw

yup terrible idea

hafizlah

Yeah this is a pretty bad idea, pretty much just helping the players who have a bunch of cases before the wipe to re-gear and stock up faster and better than other players. They need to re-earn it.

Shurke

Bad idea i mean this patch there was alot money glitching, item glitching would int be fair to people who plays honestly 

hazric

Is no one here a native English speaker? There's nothing terrible about the idea, EOD players like me start with 1 iCase already. But it's not necessarily advantageous either. Does no one know what quality-of-life features are in a game?

Essentially it's just starting with a bigger stash than players who didn't. I can hold more stuff so I have more of a choice of when to sell

I don't mind doing quests and grinding trader rep again; go ahead and wipe that away.

And for those who don't have containers, they'll have fun earning it as I did. Any veteran player knows you should be selling most of your stash to build trader rep anyways when first starting out

• Sad 1

u already have a bigger stash if anyone gets to keep icases it should be the standard edition right??

hazric

And that's all I'm asking for

ManiacShogun

why would keeping any of the cases be a quality of life thing, how about they release the hideout and the cases then are not so important as well as stash size. the hideout should've already been released at the new years patch 

hell no! whats the point of buying the EOD then? the stash size is the only incentive you get at this point for buying into the EoD. wipe it all and start fresh, some of us have gone through this process many, many times. getting and acquiring weapons cases and the like is easy. 

what if they add a prestige system for the wipes?

hazric

@ManiacShogun

A quality of life feature in video games is a feature that provides an input-reducing convenience to the player. Those of us who just hit Level 32 and got our first iCases and Tarbanks ran to the Traders many times to get our rep to where they are, now we can choose to go a little less. I've definitely earned it.

New players will enjoy learning the game properly anyways, responsibly grinding and budgeting their cashflows with inventory management. And once they reach Level 32 they'll also feel the reward of earning those containers. This is a good thing.

If BSG is planning to wipe everything, this is a suggestion that everyone gets to keep the containers they already own.

Mr_Sheep
4 hours ago, charishoo said:

@ManiacShogun

A quality of life feature in video games is a feature that provides an input-reducing convenience to the player. Those of us who just hit Level 32 and got our first iCases and Tarbanks ran to the Traders many times to get our rep to where they are, now we can choose to go a little less. I've definitely earned it.

New players will enjoy learning the game properly anyways, responsibly grinding and budgeting their cashflows with inventory management. And once they reach Level 32 they'll also feel the reward of earning those containers. This is a good thing.

If BSG is planning to wipe everything, this is a suggestion that everyone gets to keep the containers they already own.

Bad, very bad idea, you should be banned for such a bad idea, but you never know with BSG they could do some juicy micro transactions, only $4.99 for a weapon case, buy 10 get the next one half price! Or just get good, stream eft and get a press kit and start out with like 3 weapons cases ect lol 

hazric

kappa

I will pay for my containers absolutely

But I hope they don't go microstrans simply because it's just terrible PR for your game

Burrower

There should always be wipe up until open beta. Personally I don't care if they keep wiping or not... everyone should know that for a closed beta environment. Once the game releases there won't be any wipes. I think there should be only one more wipe now that anti-cheat is in place and that includes EVERYTHING obtained. One more wipe meaning the last closed beta wipe. Once the game moves into open beta there should be another wipe before it begins.

hazric

I used to work in game dev and I completely understand the importance of full wipes; it’s the best way to A/B test your balance changes and legitimately perform the scientific method.

Was just wondering if they could keep track of all our containers seperately and gift them back to us post-wipe. You know, like how they have a saved base inventory based on whether you’re EOD/Standard/etc, same for those of us who received their new years gifts. Would be awesome if this is possible. Doesn’t seem like it would be massive overhead

EdgarHighman

Title topic, not particularly OP's message. But it'd be nice to keep ONLY our POUCH case beta/epsilon case if we've acquired it in game into the next wipe. Not doing so gives EOD owners an extreme advantage Post wipe.

Edited by EdgarHighman

hazric

@EdgarHighman

I'm totally for this, for the same reasons.

Anyone who's gotten any case deserves to have that convenience carried over.

Joseph7Felix
On 6/8/2018 at 4:09 AM, Forien said:

He meant that he wants to keep all his 40 weapons cases and 15 item cases upon wipe.

Like... wat? That's terrible idea. 

Also wipes are terrible idea, but since at this moment we are not supposed to play and enjoy the game, but to TEST it, then we have them and I understand that.
But after release there should be no wipes. If there will be wipes after release, many people will simply stop playing. 

Wipes should be in the game because there should be a grind to the game, because once you get all the best items, and unlock almost everything and have the roubles for everything, and theres no grind, your just going out with good guns killing goons. Trust me, everyone would stop playing if there were no wipes, it would feel pointless to play. 

botka4aet
1 минуту назад, Joseph7Felix сказал:

Wipes should be in the game because there should be a grind to the game, because once you get all the best items, and unlock almost everything and have the roubles for everything, and theres no grind, your just going out with good guns killing goons. Trust me, everyone would stop playing if there were no wipes, it would feel pointless to play. 

Omg, no way. People just will wait new updates with new quests, weapons and maps.

If you wanna grind - just wipe account.

ShiroTenshi

You will not keep any items during wipe. At most, what has been done before has been to retain trader reputation or weapon mastery levels. Everything else must go.

GeneralBrus

If i could keep my weapon cases, holy god! i would farm them right now so i can sell 20 right at the beginning of the next wipe.

i would swim in m4s 2 days after the wipe lol!