Sign in to follow this  
Burrower

SECURE CONTAINER RESTRICTIONS IDEA

Burrower

BEFORE THE MATCH...

-Keys, maps, and quest items can only be placed into your container.

(This would solve hatchlings hiding pistols or weapons and dragging them for use in the match). This would also apply to all hidden bandages, ammunition, attachments, drinks/food, etc. The item placed in your special container is LOCKED when the match begins...

DURING THE MATCH...

-If you have a container with 9 boxes for example... 1 box in your container has a keybar. You can still use this keybar with keys to open doors. THIS KEYBAR IS LOCKED in box 1 of your gamma container because that's where you placed it BEFORE the match started. If you find any item DURING the match, it can be placed into the special container (boxes 2-9) and moved around freely in your container or back to use when needed BUT... there is a 10 second cool-down when dragging an item TO and FROM this special container during the match.

AFTER THE MATCH...

-All items placed in the special container can be moved. If a player leaves an item NOT ALLOWED INTO A MATCH (weapon, armor, meds, etc.) in the container... either a new match CANNOT be started OR another idea is that this item will preoccupy that spot and not allowed for use in the next match and will remain in the container. That's a developer choice...

CURRENCY...

*The hardest decision is currency. Personally, I wouldn't allow currency to be brought into a match because that can be used on woods for example to escape. As far as finding currency DURING the match is INSANELY difficult to come to an agreement on. This is coming from someone who is fair and bought the Edge of Darkness pack...

OPTIONS:

1) Currency CANNOT be placed into special containers

2) Currency CAN be placed into special containers once they are found in a match but for every 1/10 of the total stack, 10 seconds is added to the move. 

example: 10,000 roubles takes 10 seconds to move to your special container. 100,000 roubles takes 60 seconds to move to your special container.

3) Currency can be placed into special containers but at a 1/4 stack limit

example: 25,000 roubles can only be allowed into your special container.

As for American dollars and euros, a player won't find that many in a match in the current state of the game and move time can be adjusted accordingly...

Done. Someone hire me.

• Sad 2

AtreusCY

I like the idea of anything put into the secure container during match and can't be move since is good. That pretty much made all escapers to consider what to put or what not to put in. Like me if I found and Aks74u I'd fold it and keep within it. Then later I search safe and a Bronze Lion popped up I'd probably F***! Shoulda wait! 

Burrower
22 hours ago, IrozenOrnstein said:

I like the idea of anything put into the secure container during match and can't be move since is good. That pretty much made all escapers to consider what to put or what not to put in. Like me if I found and Aks74u I'd fold it and keep within it. Then later I search safe and a Bronze Lion popped up I'd probably F***! Shoulda wait! 

Thanks! I watched the podcast Friday and there just hasn't been a good conclusion yet for secure container issues. I think only allowing keys & quest items before the match in them and anything during with a cool-down move would solve a lot of problems with hatchlings going in just to farm currency or whipping out pistols on the spot without any gear on. Plus, early hatchlings that get to cash registers first to farm quickly have wait times for transferring money putting them more at a risk when farming quickly early game. Without any gear equipped you can sprint far quickly.

Edited by FishBazooka
Grammar

Burrower

Overall, the easiest decision is to add about 30 seconds when moving items in and out of your secure container. Due to the container being secure, it takes time to open it, etc. That would be the easiest fix without getting too in depth with the restrictions I listed above.

Edited by FishBazooka
Grammar

Chouette
1 hour ago, FishBazooka said:

Overall, the easiest decision is to add about 30 seconds when moving items in and out of your secure container. Due to the container being secure, it takes time to open it, etc. That would be the easiest fix without getting too in depth with the restrictions I listed above.

Interesting. I'd add: the timer locks you in the inventory (just like when reloading mags).

Matasareanu

Nice! but nah... I would prefer that the container only can contain what you put in it before game. Realy think its annoying to kill someone after leaving a highloot area and find out that they have nothing in their inv... All loot is in the magic box. Yes, i have EOD, and yes i use the Gamma for maybe a expensive scope i find, bit coins, smg,  and so on... Reason i do so is cous its allowed and thats how the mechanis work right now. But i realy dont like it. Maybe have the 3x3 boxes only beeing nine one slot boxes. As in some wests... the slot it self is not connected to the slot next to it... That would be more realistic. Yes, you can put a bitcoin up your ass to hide it. But not a Aks74u. Maybe you can, but i would not recomend it... and put a box in a box who take up four slots and contains nine? Seriously...

Burrower
On 6/9/2018 at 9:38 PM, Chouette said:

Interesting. I'd add: the timer locks you in the inventory (just like when reloading mags).

I like that as well. Not a bad idea. You can cancel the move but it resets if you pull your inventory screen away.

10 hours ago, Glockad said:

Nice! but nah... I would prefer that the container only can contain what you put in it before game. Realy think its annoying to kill someone after leaving a highloot area and find out that they have nothing in their inv... All loot is in the magic box. Yes, i have EOD, and yes i use the Gamma for maybe a expensive scope i find, bit coins, smg,  and so on... Reason i do so is cous its allowed and thats how the mechanis work right now. But i realy dont like it. Maybe have the 3x3 boxes only beeing nine one slot boxes. As in some wests... the slot it self is not connected to the slot next to it... That would be more realistic. Yes, you can put a bitcoin up your ass to hide it. But not a Aks74u. Maybe you can, but i would not recomend it... and put a box in a box who take up four slots and contains nine? Seriously...

I think having a container to put items you find in the match brings small relief to players, especially if they did all the work and die. Allowing you to maybe hide a suppressor or handgun, or even valuable items gives back some kind of dosh for what you lost in return.

Matasareanu
13 hours ago, FishBazooka said:

I like that as well. Not a bad idea. You can cancel the move but it resets if you pull your inventory screen away.

I think having a container to put items you find in the match brings small relief to players, especially if they did all the work and die. Allowing you to maybe hide a suppressor or handgun, or even valuable items gives back some kind of dosh for what you lost in return.

Sure, i can understand that. If you have standard and 4 slot magic box. But seeing EOD players running around with maximum a handgun (if even that) Get killed and have noting on them. If they do its gear they found in battle. They have noting to loose at all.

Burrower
On 6/11/2018 at 12:17 PM, Glockad said:

Sure, i can understand that. If you have standard and 4 slot magic box. But seeing EOD players running around with maximum a handgun (if even that) Get killed and have noting on them. If they do its gear they found in battle. They have noting to loose at all.

I feel ya

K4MP3R

I think 30-60 second "interaction timer" (you must wait 30-60 seconds to put in/take out something from SC ) would fix most of the problems, and you should not be able to use anything from inside SC (except keys).

Edited by K4MP3R

Zotach
On 6/11/2018 at 6:17 PM, Glockad said:

If they do its gear they found in battle. They have noting to loose at all.

but thats survival for you, you find what you need to survive in raid. it's more immersive