Blackb1rd

Release of massive update for EfT alpha version

Dear friends! We are glad to announce the release of update for alpha version of Escape From Tarkov, in which we introduce to you online mode of the game, the new graphic components, weapon mastering leveling, ammo-dependent weapon wear rates, and much more!

• Network play in test mode.
  • Character leveling in local and online play
  • Weapon mastering leveling in local and online play
  • Added the feature of item examination (consecutively with addition of in-game handbook)
  • Added SMGs: PP-91 Kedr, PP-91-01 Kedr-B, PP-9 Klin

Graphical changes:

• Improved shaders with PBR features
  • Ambient light portals (improved indoor lighting)
  • Improved daylight cycle change lighting
  • New SSAO
  • Contact ambient obscurance
  • New tonemapping
  • Eye adaptation
  • Improved SSR (screen space reflections)
  • New color correction
  • Improved performance characteristics

Join the alpha testers of Escape From Tarkov now! Preorder the game here

• Upvote 5

3 minutes ago, Buran said:

Great info about the progress! Is this already in the alpha or is it a coming update?

It should be available now as it is all a part of the new update released 

29 minutes ago, MrTwist said:

I have preordered the game, where can i join the alpha?

What pre order did you get your profile doesn't say? only guaranteed access is the limited edition pre order every other one is only a chance except cheapest one you only have closed beta

Thinking about ordering the EoD Edition but two problems, 1) The connection when going to purchase isn't private and 2) The price ain't 110 it's 140+ ffs...like really devs? Really?

Edited by ToxiK

Although Blackb1rd has announced this in the public forums, it doesn't mean that you guys can post information about the alpha here. You're all still under NDA and therefore cannot release information about the alpha. Please remember that.

40 minutes ago, MrTwist said:

I have preordered the game, where can i join the alpha?

You bought the left behind edition which only offers a 25% chance of getting into the alpha. If you didn't get an email then unfortunately you didn't get in.

1 hour ago, ToxiK said:

Thinking about ordering the EoD Edition but two problems, 1) The connection when going to purchase isn't private and 2) The price ain't 110 it's 140+ ffs...like really devs? Really?

Your problems:

1) Well, seeing as how a good amount of us have purchased the EoD without issue you should be fine.

2) If $140 is too much then maybe invest in the standard, or other packages. You are not being forced to buy it. EoD is for those who have a desire to see a game of this type become reality by supporting. EoD is for those interested in also supporting the developers, and the community by TESTING to make it a successful release. You might be more interested in just playing the game, so one of the other package might work better for you. So either, "Prepare for Escape", "Left Behind", or "Standard" editions which have guaranteed access to the closed beta--though this will still still be a testing stage, but will be the most playable builds.

Hope this helps.

7 hours ago, Blackb1rd said:

Join the alpha testers of Escape From Tarkov now! Preorder the game here

1 hour ago, kwahamoT said:

You bought the left behind edition which only offers a 25% chance of getting into the alpha. If you didn't get an email then unfortunately you didn't get in.

Yes, i bought the left behind edition, i thougt i can join the alpha test.

22 minutes ago, MrTwist said:

You had a chance to participate in the Alpha with the "Left Behind" Edition.

Standard Edition: No chance

Left Behind: 25%

Prepare for Escape: 50%

Edge of Darkness: 100%

If you didn't receive an e-mail confirming your Alpha access and you can't see the option to sign the NDA on your profile, you don't have access to the Alpha. All of the editions have a 100% chance of Beta access though, which should start in the next weeks.

Edited by ewz-Stormy

This is amazing. You guys have come so far from the frist Alpha trial. I'm overly happy, that i bought the "Edge of Darkness" and I'm convinced, that this game will be a huge succes.

It seems to me, that you work extremly systematic, taking one weapon at a time and give yourself the time to test the game and/or content properly.

Good job.

Greetings from DK.

Finally got my Prepare for Escape Pre-Order done. Guys don't stress it is a game, I would love too be in the Alpha myself as well however it is Alpha, not the final product ultimately by pre-ordering you have helped support the development of the game.

Now on saying that your time will come sooner or later and if later it will be the guaranteed Closed Beta Access when it is ready, the idea behind these test is too ensure a quality product, So if you missed out on the beta look on the bright side if your a picky gamer and don't like game breaking bugs (Not saying there is any as I wouldn't know) You get too play the game closer too release date with maybe a few Minor Bugs. So this means your not the human Testing Guinea Pig. :)

Have a Nice Day all Thanks Dev's for what's looking too be a fantastic Game so Far.

Texas Out

On 21/11/2016 at 5:55 PM, MrTwist said:

Did you fill in the Alpha testing form and agree to the NDA? if not you will not be able to download the launcher from your profile.

Edited by Orbixal

20 minutes ago, Hoot943 said:

So, if i buy the best pre-game i will get  to play the alpha version right away?

EDGE OF DARKNESS Limited edition:

Guaranteed access to closed beta

Guaranteed participation in Alpha testing

Please remember we are still in the testing phase. Closed / Open Beta to soon follow.