rein001

can`t relocate game folder

rein001

Get this error after the recent patch after trying to update  > This folder does not contain the correct version of the game. Please check the specified installation path and try again

Cyver

Have you tried to do a full reinstallation of the game? I remember that someone had the same problem a few month ago and reinstallation did the trick for him.

AlwaysGamer

If the full reinstallation of the game doesn't work, you could try the program called SteamMover (just look for it on Google and it gives you multiple different sites to download it) It's a program that lets you "Move" your installed games without having to reinstall it. Maybe doing it will kinda "Unbugged" your app?

It's just a wild guess tho.

LouisTheFly

i was just dealing with this issue and found that if you just click install on the launcher it gives you another chance to change the installation path and i was able to change it.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

AlfredVClark

even with changing the path it wont work for me

• Like 2

KaNoodle

I have the same issue.. game is competently uninstalled and i cant reinstall it.. keep getting the message " This folder does not contain the correct version of the game. Please check the specified installation path and try again" but ive tried putting it in several different folders/areas and nothing works. help! 

zejnpepi

for me it says that consistency info file is not found... i tried whole proces multiple times doesnt work....

tarkovplaying

I just faced this problem and resoled by following previous answer. I found that the problem only display when we change location without install which means you are trying to change the location before clicking "install"(the button over the areas of your regions). However, when I click "Install" without any changing, then it gives me another chances to confirm my installation location and I can completely changed location and install it. Hope these information could help you. Also appreciating about above answer. 

BIG_RED_NIBBA
On 10/27/2019 at 4:30 PM, LouisTheFly said:

i was just dealing with this issue and found that if you just click install on the launcher it gives you another chance to change the installation path and i was able to change it.

I tried this after trying full uninstall and reinstall of the game and the launcher but after it unpacks all the game files, the install button pops back up instead of the play button. Then when I hit install it will do this process over and over and I always have to wait for the game files to download again. Any ideas anyone?

EDIT: Just to clarify, the launcher is installed on my C drive and I am installing the game on my E drive.

Edited by BIG_RED_NIBBA
Clarification

JayImahara

I'm installing onto my G drive but this should work regardless.

Wherever you have the "Battlestate Games" folder, open it up and create a new folder labeled "EFT".

When prompted to set an install path, set it to the EFT folder.