In raid collection of Intel

Sneak up on and listen in on groups of scavs conversations to get tips on where good loot has been spotted, or the route prapors dogs are using to return recovered insured items or planning an attack on therapist's medical warehouse. You can either choose to radio in the tip to concerned parties who can either ask you solve the problem for them for a small consideration or whatever, or you can decide to take it all for yourself...eg ambush a convoy and take the loot. Survivors of your  little raid could report to the relevant traders which in turn will affect your reputation with them, helping them will also boost your reputation.

TheWay

@DonDOOM

Yes, that could do it, but the question is if we will get translated subtitles or native ones - Russian text for Scavs and BEAR operators, English text for USEC operators. Sadly I do not remember what version was mentioned during podcast.

So we need to wait for them, but as I said this is a really interesting idea for random events and stuff like that, I really like it.

Is a good idea, focusing on open world mode could be interesting and create random hotspots eventually.

Regarding the subtitles, if I remember well, on the first ( or second ) podcast was suggested the subtitles to get unreadable depending which faction you are playing, and thanks to a skill leveling, make them more readable. It means that your PMC is surviving in Tarkov and learning the language gradually, to finally understand what the scavs say ( if you are USEC in this case ).

iyhan_spb
Только что, Arzzet сказал:

Is a good idea, focusing on open world mode could be interesting and create random hotspots eventually.

Regarding the subtitles, if I remember well, on the first ( or second ) podcast was suggested the subtitles to get unreadable depending which faction you are playing, and thanks to a skill leveling, make them more readable. It means that your PMC is surviving in Tarkov and learning the language gradually, to finally understand what the scavs say ( if you are USEC in this case ).

Sounds good, but don't u think it will ruin balance? Bears'll gane huge advantage... 

Violetta
14 hours ago, iyhan_spb said:

Sounds good, but don't u think it will ruin balance? Bears'll gane huge advantage... 

Not when the UN faction becomes a thing and they have their own set up random events, quests, ect. (having to interact with them). Most of the UN in Tarkov I believe are perceived as English speaking only.

The language barrier issue can be fixed by recording the conversation then escaping the raid to your hideout for usec. This could automatically translate the conversation and activate the activity of the usec guys, bears will be able to activate it immediately they hear the scavs. But Violetta mentioned something about UN forces. So I guess this will work the same way but in reverse for the bears... This is doable.

On 6/20/2018 at 6:59 PM, Krymz_ said:

only if you understand russian though lol

Or if your team has both usec and bear then it will work for you, this will encourage teamwork and adds depth to character creation (well more like character selection)

TAW_Mokkastube

what if the audio canges with the selected language?

Russian= BEAR and Scav speak russian; USEC speak russian with american accent.

English= BEAR and Scav speak english with russian accent; USEC speak english.

of course this would take a while to implement and it would not be high priority, but if it would be possible, i would love it to be implemented.

just a idea to talk about. see you guys in raid, cheers

TAW_Mokkastube

Edited by TAW_Mokkastube
  • Upvote 1
Natalino
2 hours ago, TAW_Mokkastube said:

what if the audio canges with the selected language?

Russian= BEAR and Scav speak russian; USEC speak russian with american accent.

English= BEAR and Scav speak english with russian accent; USEC speak english.

of course this would take a while to implement and it would not be high priority, but if it would be possible, i would love it to be implemented.

just a idea to talk about. see you guys in raid, cheers

TAW_Mokkastube

You can also see it as they are in a foreign location that they do not speak the language of. If the PMC operator knows the language (As in you) then he would be one of the people who can speak the language and understand it. Which in this case the player understands it.

But hey, this might change in the future as the game progresses but like you said, it is not a priority at this moment. 

• Upvote 1