Colonel Twerkins

New Items Coming! Soon!! 6-18-18

Dear Friends,

We have some new items to show off, coming to a patch soon! We hope you enjoy and If you own these items in real life, feel free to share your pictures.

TRANSLATIONS:

• Polish translation of the news can be found here. Thanks to our Polish Emissary @Reconic
  • German translation of the news can be found here. Thanks to our German Emissary @Cyver
  • French translation of the news can be found here. Thanks to our French Emissary @LePatrick
  • Spanish translation of the news can be found here. Thanks to our Spanish Emissary @kalurosu

nikita-buyanov-.jpg

nikita-buyanov-1.jpgnikita-buyanov-aalvx35.jpgnikita-buyanov-ferfrans-crd.jpgnikita-buyanov-hex-grip.jpgnikita-buyanov-hk-e1-stock.jpgnikita-buyanov-primary-arms-2-5x-compact.jpgnikita-buyanov-steiner-9021-dbal-pl.jpg

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1
  • Hot 4
  • Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Krystian_szcz said:

What is that? a shotgun pistol or a flare gun?

Its flare gun

• Hot 1

Curious about the flare gun, I have theories but unsure what kind of use it could have.

Some popular ones on my mind are:

• Possible extraction tool through the use of special ammo (Green Flare to summon an extraction?)
  • Scav Signal Tool, Scav "Scouts" could fire a red Flare to alert all Scavs of a PMC encounter
  • Counter-Measure to NVG users with White illumination flares
  • Last Ditch Improvised Weapon
  • Possible modification to turn the weapon into a single shot, 12 gauge hand cannon with the use of barrel sleeves
  • Hot 1

Thats nice and all but... can we get a more solid game before items? maybe a couple more maps before the year ends? It feels like the focus of the game's development has been a little too much on "balance" and goodies.

Items, model updates and balance can be done much later so long as the current "meta" isn't broken. Honestly, gunplay doesn't need many more enhancements other than the nerfing of near recoil-less weapons on full auto like the AK74, SKS and M4.

For all intents and purposes, this game still feels deep in Alpha rather than Beta or some super early access. The elements that are allegedly goin to MAKE EFT the game we all paid for are simply not there at all and it's been like that for far too long. Post-raid health issues, VOIP, team identification (which lets face it, it's probably the easiest one to implement), an AI at least one notch below the AI of F.E.A.R.'s (otherwise just get rid of it), food to become more than just another placeholder  and the "low" levels of loot... hell! even Karma! all of this is like 80% of the game's soul.

I don't care about hacks and glitches or the poor performance; there's simply nothing to do in EFT at this point and reason why it's in my "play later... much later" list, I probably shouldn't care since I'm not playing, but every time I see these posts I can't help but feel BSG is forgetting about what's important... and I do hope I'm wrong.

Love or hate my post, you know it's true.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2
  • Upvote 7

2 hours ago, DrakeVanders said:

Curious about the flare gun, I have theories but unsure what kind of use it could have.

Some popular ones on my mind are:

• Possible extraction tool through the use of special ammo (Green Flare to summon an extraction?)
  • Scav Signal Tool, Scav "Scouts" could fire a red Flare to alert all Scavs of a PMC encounter
  • Counter-Measure to NVG users with White illumination flares
  • Last Ditch Improvised Weapon
  • Possible modification to turn the weapon into a single shot, 12 gauge hand cannon with the use of barrel sleeves

i was looking around and found out the barrel is to week to fire 12 Gage and it  was not used for military use it was used in movies and shows. at most i can see it being used as a flare only because of its caliber (26.5mm). they did do different testing on night vision tho, its extremely hard to look at so its most likely going to be used like that in the game or for missions. for my thoughts on the green flair extraction i think only at the end or half way mark and the extraction has to be labeled in an area but it is still game breaking.

1 hour ago, Cypherdrene said:

Thats nice and all but... can we get a more solid game before items? maybe a couple more maps before the year ends? It feels like the focus of the game's development has been a little too much on "balance" and goodies. *cut for size*

The things you mention will very likely be actively under development, I would assume the only reason we haven't had them drop in an update yet is simply because they're not ready to be rolled out for public consumption. Don't forget that multiple aspects of any game are developed simultaneously alongside one another, just because the artists and some code guys are working to implement new guns, mods and other things doesn't mean development on core features and other things comes to a complete halt. Slowing down updates on one part of the game won't speed up another, that's not how it works. We'll get the other stuff in time, patience my man :)

Edited by MrNolegs
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Cypherdrene said:

Thats nice and all but... can we get a more solid game before items? maybe a couple more maps before the year ends? It feels like the focus of the game's development has been a little too much on "balance" and goodies.

You're right, we should get the team that's employed and trained to do graphic design. To completely retrain to programmers instead. 

• Hot 3
  • Sad 1

Just now, beddamischia said:

Where's the notes of the recent updates? Because traders are paying much less now

silent patch. pssssssssst don't tell anyone

3 часа назад, beddamischia сказал:

Where's the notes of the recent updates

you can subscribe to the telegramm channel, devs post such changes there.

Yeah, nice.

However, I'd much rather prefer regular bugfix updates rather than "the hunger for new content". Fix the FUNDAMENTALS which we paid such a price for first, and only then add things that we could have lived without for another month.

When paying a price higher than an AAA title is worth, you expect to AT LEAST have a PROPER, STABLE, and OPTIMIZED network. And this is indisputable. BETA? Great, charge the amount of an average BETA,  not a price that is >TWICE< higher than an average AAA title at launch which already has a fully functioning, stable network for 16/32/64 players a map.

Priorities.

EDIT: I would rather play for a whole year on Customs with a near perfect network, net code, performance, stability, and limited gear, than one week with the current amount of content yet dogshit technical state.

Edited by RVPTURE
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 4

6 minutes ago, RVPTURE said:

Yeah, nice.

However, I'd much rather prefer regular bugfix updates rather than "the hunger for new content". Fix the FUNDAMENTALS which we paid such a price for first, and only then add things that we could have lived without for another month.

When paying a price higher than an AAA title is worth, you expect to AT LEAST have a PROPER, STABLE, and OPTIMIZED network. And this is indisputable. BETA? Great, charge the amount of an average BETA,  not a price that is >TWICE< higher than an average AAA title at launch which already has a fully functioning, stable network for 16/32/64 players a map.

Priorities.

I couldn't say better.

Hire better programmers. Less 3D please. Pay attention to your community.

• Sad 2
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, MrNolegs said:

The things you mention will very likely be actively under development, I would assume the only reason we haven't had them drop in an update yet is simply because they're not ready to be rolled out for public consumption. Don't forget that multiple aspects of any game are developed simultaneously alongside one another, just because the artists and some code guys are working to implement new guns, mods and other things doesn't mean development on core features and other things comes to a complete halt. Slowing down updates on one part of the game won't speed up another, that's not how it works. We'll get the other stuff in time, patience my man

I'm not saying they're not and neither did I imply such was the case. Merely pointing out that the sneak peeks and previews are mostly about items in general+meta rather than map/feature progress, something that IMHO is far more important and the community has outcried this for at least 6 months and we could go all the way back to "beta" release. Thus it feels like progress has stopped and we're getting a trickle that may finally stop until 2021~22

And as you can see in this thread, I'm not the only guy concerned with this issue. We all know games take very long to develop, but the player hideout was announced a year ago if I recall correctly, and not even a half-assed placeholder has even been shown on a developer build video, while hand gestures took like... 4-6 months after it was showcased, karma being the other example, it has been discussed for at least year and a half... not even a glimpse.

Maybe they are working on all of it, who knows, certainly not the community.

5 hours ago, georgeadam said:

You're right, we should get the team that's employed and trained to do graphic design. To completely retrain to programmers instead. 

So graphic designers (as you call them) can't do maps?... well, how unfortunate and misinformed I've become.

Edited by Cypherdrene
  • Upvote 3

I would like a three shot Rifle please, otherwise thanks for the update on what's coming and the game has come a LONG way in a year (+/- 6 months).