RakiaTime

This game is too ********* hard

RakiaTime

In my 70+ raids since the last wipe i have only managed to extract 6 times, i have never killed a player, my average survival time is 7 minutes, i get one shot by scavs with pistols or random juggernauts i dont even see and yet every time i watch someone else play they wreck everything, my question is HOW?

so, from now on ill be going with raids without even a knife and since my dog tag is useless im not even worth the bullets you killed me with, enjoy

• Sad 5
  • Upvote 1

Ika_Doc

Feels bad, try to learn the maps offline maybe or play with a group. Thats all I can say buddy.

Qaleegoola

If you want to play in EFT you have to forget all your experience of playing other shooters. (Google translator)

Edited by Qaleegoola

RakiaTime
13 minutes ago, Qaleegoola said:

If you want to play in EFT you have to forget all your experience of playing other shooters. (Google translator)

thats the thing, i dont play shooters, i play turn based strategies and MMOs, before some friends got me in to PUBG last year i hadnt played a shooter since the original Halo so for me this game is something ive never tried before

M0SIN
4 минуты назад, RakiaTime сказал:

thats the thing, i dont play shooters, i play turn based strategies and MMOs, before some friends got me in to PUBG last year i hadnt played a shooter since the original Halo so for me this game is something ive never tried before

Then why the hell are you in Tarkov? :)

• Sad 2
  • Upvote 1

Snork_Svk
9 minutes ago, RakiaTime said:

What are you expecting ? this game is hars even for FPS veterans... try play with someone one of the best community for english speaker https://discord.gg/RsnbTRv

they also have sherpa program to learn and help less experienced people

And please don't create new thread on this forum for everything there is already many many similar topics... just use search function, also there are alredy solutions for people like you in other threads.

Edited by Snork_Svk

renderbroken
1 minute ago, RakiaTime said:

Heyo, 

I play solo myself and know just what you mean. Best advice I can give you is use your scav every time it is available. Till you get more experience. It will also line your stash with more gear. Take it slow, learn how to properly hide in a bush and know when to walk slow. You will make less noise. Everyone is rolling with comtacs this wipe so they can hear you from a pretty good distance. Especially if you don't slow walk from time to time. What I do is I will get to a position, stop, listen for a bit, then get to another position. Also trying to keep cover between you and possible attackers as much as possible. 

When you fire unsupressed weapons, make sure to relocate ASAP. This is a lure to other players to come take you out while you are already busy. 

The VEPR is your best friend. It is cheap but effective as it fires one of the larger rounds that can punch through armor. All at level 1 traders. 

Last but not least, get Peace Keeper leveled asap. He will give access to body armor the fastest and this is how you will rise your survival changes with scavs. The only scavs that will have the punch to get through your PACA or UNTAR armor will be SKS or VEPR scavs. You just need to bait them and get behind cover, when they walk to attack you, you will be able to get the drop on them. 

GasT79

This game is hard even for old fps players but we want it that way..

I suggest you play some PUBG and land in hot spots to get quick action and get some reflex and muscle memory going, then grind some EFT factory. Or play CS:GO or a other cheap alternative to get into shooters. EFT is not a good one to start with.

RichMcc

EFT is a hardcore shooter. It is meant to be this way. And thats why most of us play it. Because its hard. The learning curve is like running at a brick wall, and then the wall falls on you, and then a big Russian tank runs over the wall twice...

You need to develop skill and tactics, you need to know the maps inside out. You cant run and gun this game like "other" shooters. There are so many nuances to this game that some people will never get to grips with. And we like it that way. Its not for everyone unfortunately.

I hear Fortnite's nice?

• Upvote 1

smokey-phil

there is an old saying for this

slow is smooth, smooth is fast 

dont rush slow it the hell down first thing you need to do is find a hidey hole idley it should be somewhere you have 1 way into and you have line of sight on that from where you hide once you are there stay there for 15 mins this will let the player who want to pvp rush ahead to get into the fights they want you will then follow slowly keeping off the main paths (you will know them as the places you keep getting shot at) pick up any loot you can get hold of anything if its worthless drop it when you find somthing to replace it and dont do that standing over a body in the middle of the road drop your back back in a bush run out grab theirs take it to the same bush sort them out pick another bush do it again. you will die if you are in the open looking at the menu so spend as little time in it as you can. pre space your bags so their is room for the commom items you want most full size guns are 8x2 or 7x2 keep a space that size open rather than moving stuff around when you are pulling it off a scavs body. 

you will get better it takes time, alot of time really more than most are willling to admit. but if you keep up at it it only takes that one time when  you bust out on a team of 2-3 people as a solo player and you will be hooked for life  

UnDeadDemon
2 hours ago, GasT79 said:

This game is hard even for old fps players but we want it that way..

I suggest you play some PUBG and land in hot spots to get quick action and get some reflex and muscle memory going, then grind some EFT factory. Or play CS:GO or a other cheap alternative to get into shooters. EFT is not a good one to start with.

I do NOT recommend csgo, for learning hardcore fps. Go play SQUAD work on your skills in that game it's the closest to tarkov you can get. Csgo will teach you nothing but the hate of rng.

Edited by UnDeadDemon

Smeagol07

I have played a bout 1100 raids since the last wipe, and everything is fine.

you have to "camp" sometimes and choose your fights if you want to have success. just charging forward will result in death most of the time.

• Sad 1

GasT79
3 minutes ago, UnDeadDemon said:

I do NOT recommend csgo, for learning hardcore fps. Go play SQUAD work on your skills in that game it's the closest to tarkov you can get. Csgo will teach you nothing but the hate of rng.

Probably right was mostly thinking he needs something quick paced, I’m not thinking about tactics or anything like that.. He is a real rookie with no shooter experience at all so need the basics which I would say is muscle memory and situational awerness so something quick roundbased.

UnDeadDemon
Just now, GasT79 said:

Probably right was mostly thinking he needs something quick paced, I’m not thinking about tactics or anything like that.. He is a real rookie with no shooter experience at all so need the basics which I would say is muscle memory and situational awerness so something quick roundbased.

Yeah true squad isn't that fast paced either, it can be but theres alot of running inbetween. Warface is a great fast paced free alternative to get used to fps games. Also battlefield 1 is free for a 10 hour trial on origin.

ataros

I am not very good at shooters because of a rather slow reaction time and practicing offline at Factory with just a PM and PACA helped me a lot. Night raids help to get some experience while not going bankrupt. Its getting easier after several months of this bootcamp (because realism :) ).

Death4ce

if youre not used to shooters then this is the furthest thing from what you need, youre not supposed to survive, you won't survive all the time, youll probably survive 3/10 raids in the beginning then maybe 3-6/10 will go well once you know the maps and the game better, this game was designed to to be hard, you need to start on shoreline imo, as soon as you spawn get your ass to the health resort, get inside, and play properly, listen, go slow, be ready, youll find maybe 2-5 other players at the resort more or less every raid, youll get there.

and get a map up on a 2nd monitor if you have one.

Edited by everton999

TheHappyMile
vor 10 Minuten schrieb everton999:

3/10 raids in the beginning

that's pretty optimistic. 0.5-1/10 for a beginner is probably more realistic.

tarkov is hard. it's perfect that way. anyone who want's fast sucsess is definetly wrong here. to enjoy eft you really have to want to...

rustyneedle_uk
4 hours ago, RakiaTime said:

In my 70+ raids since the last wipe i have only managed to extract 6 times, i have never killed a player, my average survival time is 7 minutes, i get one shot by scavs with pistols or random juggernauts i dont even see and yet every time i watch someone else play they wreck everything, my question is HOW?

so, from now on ill be going with raids without even a knife and since my dog tag is useless im not even worth the bullets you killed me with, enjoy

join a group or clan and learn the basics. you will get the hang of it

AdhesiveTeflon

Google up a map and pull it up on your phone or secondary monitor.  This is a must for learning, especially when you don't have somebody experienced to help you.

Turn your monitor gamma/brightness up, make sure you pack some fluids, go into woods, customs, or shoreline at night in offline mode, and learn how the scavs operate.  Then pop off a few rounds at them while you're at range so you can see how they react when shot at.  Then get closer so you'll see how they react to you being in their line of sight.  You'll start picking up scav patterns so you can adjust your gameplay style when you're online.

Then go online into a night raid with fluids, and with the knowledge of your offline scav exhibition, wait in a bush by some scavs.  Not to close so you'll get spotted by them and not to far that you can't see anything.  And then just observe.  Maybe pop off a few rounds if you're willing but try not to engage if you can't kill your target in a few clean shots because chances are, they'll massacre you.

Vodor
2 hours ago, smokey-phil said:

there is an old saying for this

slow is smooth, smooth is fast 

Too true, don't engage or put yourself in harms way if you have the track record you have now.

And - if you're not a FPS veteran you're in for a world of hurt.... which I think you've experienced.

5 hours ago, RakiaTime said:

im not even worth the bullets you killed me with

You'd be surprised, I need to kill 25 more PMC's..... :) 

Death4ce
2 hours ago, TheHappyMile said:

that's pretty optimistic. 0.5-1/10 for a beginner is probably more realistic.

tarkov is hard. it's perfect that way. anyone who want's fast sucsess is definetly wrong here. to enjoy eft you really have to want to...

Yeah a beginner to shooters in general maybe, but just an EFT beginner who has experience in these games, 3/10 is what you should be getting.

• Confused 1

Contractor001851

192 raids, 88 extractions this is my best patch so far and that still isnt that great of a record.   Its a brutal game, and the horrible netcode, atrocious desync, terminator scavs, and door campers dont help anything either.

7heCub

Hi first,

a few of my thoughts:
Audio:
what kind of audio setup do you own?
Use headphones with some Quality!
Stop listening to the music while playing!
Try running with friends in various terrains and listening to other movement patterns. It's about the little sounds that make the most of it.

Mouse / Keyboard:

Get a gaming mouse in the mid-to-high price range, preferably a suitable weight, try it out on the spot, a fast DPI changer, imagine several variants, now and then a slow mouse can do more than a quick effect often vice versa ,
It should have a few programmable buttons, so you can use them for example. Put medication and remedies. With some mice, you can also set keyboard shortcuts, eg. visor changes, night visors and other combinations that could help you survive in difficult moments. (Mouse-click combinations that raise your shooting speed superhumanly but you avoid, these are or will be bannable sooner or later

Other game related topics:
Take your time, each round has a predetermined time, use it as far as you can, save yourself hectic movements and try to overlook the surroundings and typical hiding places.
In Tarkov, the style of gaming is more or  "flanking and surprising" and that's important, it's a very realistic shooter, a single shot can kill you, so keep moving, pretend enemies and overwhelm them.
Scavs: They are pretty useless if you just drop down and shoot them you will win every fight, otherwise play at night, you can literally stand 5 metres beneath them if they got no light with them. Simple AI, learn how it works, defeat it. 

bigbacon

Its hard because everyth9ng is broken. You are fighting against the game not other players.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

Hamm
3 minutes ago, bigbacon said:

Its hard because everyth9ng is broken. You are fighting against the game not other players.

factssssssss