Bandit system..?

ithompsoni

ithompsoni

(i posted this as a reply to a post but will also post it here to see what everyone thinks)

i think that there should be a visual ''penalty'' to people who kill a lot of players, one example could be that for every player they kill, their character model (or their clothes) become more and more stained with blood. Their hands also.

To remove the staining, they would need to purchase cleaning material of some kind from a trader, thus giving them bad reputation among traders. This would also be a pretty expensive item, making it harder for them to hide that they are a ''bandit''. It should be the players choice whether they want to hide it or show it off as a part of the role they wish to play. 

This would show other players that they could be friendly. need to be wary of the guy, or run like hell if they bump into him/her. 

Just a thought :begreat:

Edited by ithompsoni

Am I missing something or are you? To me this seems to be a PvP focused game set in a survival scenario primarily between two warring factions. People are going to die.

39 minutes ago, ithompsoni said:

(i posted this as a reply to a post but will also post it here to see what everyone thinks)

i think that there should be a visual ''penalty'' to people who kill a lot of players, one example could be that for every player they kill, their character model (or their clothes) become more and more stained with blood. Their hands also.

To remove the staining, they would need to purchase cleaning material of some kind from a trader, thus giving them bad reputation among traders. This would also be a pretty expensive item, making it harder for them to hide that they are a ''bandit''. It should be the players choice whether they want to hide it or show it off as a part of the role they wish to play. 

This would show other players that they could be friendly. need to be wary of the guy, or run like hell if they bump into him/her. 

This is totally unrealistic... 

Rex_Hilverstone
46 minutes ago, ithompsoni said:

The hole ideea of the game is to kill others mostly,this is a PvP game

4 minutes ago, Rex Hilverstone said:

Thats what I thought. Good to hear someone else say it and make me feel a little less crazy. Even though I still feel pretty crazy for preordering the EoD edition :uninja:.

Edited by PolishKruk
  • Upvote 1
TheTrainStation
1 minute ago, Rex Hilverstone said:

I think we can assume that he meant the killing among team members. (Both BEAR and USEC.) There will surely be teamkilling in public raids for certain weapons. But taking action against those tactical teamkillers, (Because killing to benefit is common sense in survival games, hence tactical,) it just doesn't seem right. 

We are talking PMC here. No armed forces pushed by a country. There are no rules for them here. Not in unknown territory. Especially not when they can get away with it. 
So taking in consideration that PMC are highly trained commandos. I can guarantee you that they aren't stupid enough to spill blood on their clothing when looting a friendly they killed. (You know what i'm talking about. I've said the same on the other thread.)

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, TheTrainStation said:

I think we can assume that he meant the killing among team members. (Both BEAR and USEC.) There will surely be teamkilling in public raids for certain weapons. But taking action against those tactical teamkillers, (Because killing to benefit is common sense in survival games, hence tactical,) it just doesn't seem right. 

We are talking PMC here. No armed forces pushed by a country. There are no rules for them here. Not in unknown territory. Especially not when they can get away with it. 
So taking in consideration that PMC are highly trained commandos. I can guarantee you that they aren't stupid enough to spill blood on their clothing when looting a friendly they killed. (You know what i'm talking about. I've said the same on the other thread.)

Ah, I see now. If we are talking about a "Trust" system then I'm all for it but am not sure how you do it. Possibly a "reputation" system that players can use.

Since I look at this from the MMO standpoint you don't kill your own faction but the opposing faction(s) is fair game. If you need to work with them for a bit for a common goal so be it but you are still enemies.

Also, don't get ahead of yourself with PMCs. While there are highly trained combatants amongst them there are many who have never seen combat or were not combat troops in service. If you are talking about it the scope of the game then yes, they all look to be well trained and professional but none of this looks to promote a "bandit" system.

Its kill or be killed. Those who go around killing will draw attention and walk into an ambush and be killed themselves. If you are alone then you have the advantage of hiding. If you are in a group then you have the advantage of more bodies and more guns. Smart, cautious players will have longer lives than those that choose or desire to shoot everything that moves.

• Upvote 1
TheTrainStation
1 minute ago, PolishKruk said:

Ah, I see now. If we are talking about a "Trust" system then I'm all for it but am not sure how you do it. Possibly a "reputation" system that players can use.

Since I look at this from the MMO standpoint you don't kill your own faction but the opposing faction(s) is fair game. If you need to work with them for a bit for a common goal so be it but you are still enemies.

Also, don't get ahead of yourself with PMCs. While there are highly trained combatants amongst them there are many who have never seen combat or were not combat troops in service. If you are talking about it the scope of the game then yes, they all look to be well trained and professional but none of this looks to promote a "bandit" system.

Its kill or be killed. Those who go around killing will draw attention and walk into an ambush and be killed themselves. If you are alone then you have the advantage of hiding. If you are in a group then you have the advantage of more bodies and more guns. Smart, cautious players will have longer lives than those that choose or desire to shoot everything that moves.

Well, that's why they already have a 'rat' system in place. Killing your team mates is allowed. Just don't cry when people get free TK's on you once you're labeled as a rat. But yeah, i don't see one guy that tk'd the rest of his mates to be able to see through till the end.

• Upvote 1
Alpha-30k

I personally think that there doesn't need to be a "bandit" system since PMCs are already considered neutral and ally with who pays them the most usually*. What they do depends on the dollar rather than their morals (like volunteers for an army) so I think the game is fine the way it is).

camouflash
16 hours ago, PolishKruk said:

I'll quote myself here. This was a thread concerning market speculations, but the system could also apply to the reputation a player has.

On 19.1.2016 at 10:20 AM, camouflash said:

I suggest sort of a "buddy-system".

As I read before, there will be "standings" with the NPC-traders and other AI characters ingame.
Since every player will have a unique ingame-ID, it should be possible to make a "standings-system" with players as well.

For instance, standings with players could improve after fighting together in a battle, supplying ammo, healing or food, or simply "trading goods with a player" (in what ever form that could be implemented).

Basically I personally would really enjoy a system, in wich you "gain trust over time spent or fought together", then, when you reach a ceratin level of "trust" (standing) you are enabled to perform special things like searching bags or other "team-tasks".

Obviously clans would have inital good standings with each other, but theese could also fade, if for example a teammate kills you repeatedley.

Just my thoughts on this, I welcome any input or criticism.

So basically, players that have gained your "trust" could be visually marked. That way players could at least make a decision to shoot straight away, or consider talking to someone they have interacted with before.
Because dont forget, just because someone is marked as you friend, doesnt mean he actually is... They can still put a bullet through your head, and I somehow like this psychological aspect.

Breaking it down its a survival pvp fps aimed at core gamers. So the experience should be exactly that - unforgiving sometimes, but equally rewarding other times.
Lifes not fair, especially in the scenario the game is set in, so trying to go for maximum balance just wouldnt work here imho.

• Upvote 1
Rex_Hilverstone
20 hours ago, PolishKruk said:

Thats what I thought. Good to hear someone else say it and make me feel a little less crazy. Even though I still feel pretty crazy for preordering the EoD edition :uninja:.

Don't worry I preordered the EoD too and I'm very proud ,this game is awesome and the devs to,and is worthed! :begreat:

9 hours ago, camouflash said:

I'll quote myself here. This was a thread concerning market speculations, but the system could also apply to the reputation a player has.

So basically, players that have gained your "trust" could be visually marked. That way players could at least make a decision to shoot straight away, or consider talking to someone they have interacted with before.
Because dont forget, just because someone is marked as you friend, doesnt mean he actually is... They can still put a bullet through your head, and I somehow like this psychological aspect.

Breaking it down its a survival pvp fps aimed at core gamers. So the experience should be exactly that - unforgiving sometimes, but equally rewarding other times.
Lifes not fair, especially in the scenario the game is set in, so trying to go for maximum balance just wouldnt work here imho.

Agreed, even though it will be tough to find a way to mark players without some gimmicky HUD elements. But as long as the devs find a good way then I like it. Maybe something like once you get a good enough look through a scope or binos to recognize that player then he is marked as "trustworthy" or "distrustful". Also, still love that so much of the interactions will come down to what the players want to do. Those guys that want to stab everyone in the back are going to have a hard time surviving and making money in my opinion.

5 hours ago, Rex Hilverstone said:

Don't worry I preordered the EoD too and I'm very proud ,this game is awesome and the devs to,and is worthed! :begreat:

Oh yeah. I'm more than happy to support these guys. I want this game to come to fruition! Can't wait to see what the Alpha has in store for us.

10 hours ago, Rex Hilverstone said:

Are you already able to play the Alpha?

59 minutes ago, Zedicide said:

Not yet. Alpha access is stated to come some time in February. The Edge of Darkness preorder package just guarantees access to the alpha.

If you kill someone from your on faction then you will have some sort of punishment.. they confirmed this but what kind of punishment it is, is yet to be stated

Free world, free choices. Flagging people will only unnaturally influence your behaviour towards anoher person. This will lead to less suspense and thrill whe nyou don't actually know who is who how might he react. Not for flagging,sorry.

• Upvote 2
TheTrainStation
36 minutes ago, KingKali said:

Free world, free choices. Flagging people will only unnaturally influence your behaviour towards anoher person. This will lead to less suspense and thrill whe nyou don't actually know who is who how might he react. Not for flagging,sorry.

I'd rather not have to deal with a flagging feature either. But who knows. Perhaps we can get hardcore servers that turn that stuff off. ;D Though i do hope that you don't spawn in right next to your faction members though..... Because it WILL turn into a spawn tk fest.

Rex_Hilverstone
18 hours ago, Zedicide said:

No,alpha testing is in February,but i know is worthed because i know how the devs work and the ideea behind the game is awesome :begreat:

Naadir_HUN
On 2016. 01. 21. at 5:59 PM, Rex Hilverstone said:

Sure, but I don't want this game become a kill on sight. Don't forget that this is an MMO after all, and the interactions between players makes even more interesting.

TheTrainStation
28 minutes ago, AutumnalWanderer said:

Sure, but I don't want this game become a kill on sight. Don't forget that this is an MMO after all, and the interactions between players makes even more interesting.

You don't want it too. But it will happen. Sure, maybe less by those in your faction. But the rest will be after your tasty goodies. Which is too be expected. Especially since the BEAR PMC is there to stop the USEC PMC.

Naadir_HUN
16 minutes ago, TheTrainStation said:

You don't want it too. But it will happen. Sure, maybe less by those in your faction. But the rest will be after your tasty goodies. Which is too be expected. Especially since the BEAR PMC is there to stop the USEC PMC.

Between the other factions sure, but inside not really a good thing. I expect some trolls though.

TheTrainStation
6 minutes ago, AutumnalWanderer said:

Between the other factions sure, but inside not really a good thing. I expect some trolls though.

Well, players will get the rat status if they go a bit extreme and start killing all their faction mates. Other than that, these actions aren't frowned upon as one would think. Because after all, the game is about trust and player interaction. So that comes with both negative interaction, and positive interaction. So IF you are doing a raid. And you do find this super sweet rifle, right? Do expect your faction members that are working together with you to turn their backs on you. Because 1 TK won't have much effect on gaining the rat status i suppose. ;D

• Upvote 2
Rex_Hilverstone
5 hours ago, AutumnalWanderer said:

You allways will have your choise,in raids you wont kill your teammates,like in any othere game,but yes there will be some trolls,in freeroam you can kill anybody in general or do team with them,even the trailer show us that.

Now we don't have that much answers yet...so maybe in freeroam you will kill from your faction,or you will not...not sure if you will be mostly on your own and do team with anybody you want,but we still need more answers to know how everything will work.

Edited by Rex Hilverstone
  • Upvote 1