ivantuvieja

Repair isn´t worth anymore

ivantuvieja

With the recent patch they changed the quality of repairs so now if you repair an untar it loose 5 points of durability, that means 2-3 repairs and it becames useless and guess what, it´s even worse with helmets. I´m not gonna repair anything more than twice that´s for sure. 

PD: fence is full of untars and others low tier armor due to this.

PD2: sorry if my english isn´t the best, not my first language :D 

• Upvote 2

Rodya

Have you tried repairing forts? It eats 10+ durability.

• Sad 1

dday_

Ridiculous patch, had a 57 health fort and repaired it with mechanic to 39. I'm not sure what the devs thought they were doing but its not a good implementation

• Like 3
  • Hot 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

Manager2k

This is ridiculous. I hope this is just a bug but would like have any official confirmation that this is meant to be as it is now.

Edited by Manager2k

Pezzo1

I wonder what pushed the devs to think that reducing the quality of repairs while maintaining the price was a good idea. 

I just hope they will realise just how bullshit this idea was and revert to the old system.

Ps: @ivantuvieja is right, just saw 200+ UNTAR vest and 30+ PACA on Fence's list

Edited by Pezzo1

AdhesiveTeflon

Just use a paca to help against shotgun scavs.  2-3 rounds of 7.62 PS is going to punch through all armors lower than fort anyways.

mcclellanml

Yeah I really don't get this... This will take away a lot of their player base because casual players already have a hard enough time buying armor for the raids as is and now that basically armor is a one or two time use nobody will take it in raid anymore. This is the craziest thing to me, The economy is already f'ed and I mean I get they want to make it realistic but at some point they have to realize its still a video game.

GhostZ69

Guys, guys, guys.  It's just Beta.™

• Sad 1

Leeu

Like with most of EFT, this "not worth doing anymore" is a recurring and common theme.

maybe they're trying to burn the game down to the ground and claim on the insurance.

• Sad 1

blackwitch_wiz

I mean, how do you actually repair shot to crap body armor....?

Seems pretty realistic to me. 

• Like 1

Eragon284th
18 minutes ago, blackwitch_wiz said:

I mean, how do you actually repair shot to crap body armor....?

Seems pretty realistic to me. 

I've always thought of the repairs being something like duct taping the plate carrier back together or something

Arzzet

I guess is another balance test. Legit. This doesn't mean fair sometimes. But agree for the realism, repairing completely screwed armors is an issue. But that much loss of durability...

Anyway, it seems they now implemented blunt damage to armors, this could make the difference when rebalanced. I mean reusing a 4-5 times screwed armor is like..what?

But in the other hand, focusing on balance, if repair quality is better but more expensive for example, richest players will not care about that, is easy to farm money so it will not balance anything at all.

Should be good to use some materials found in raids to improve the quality of repairing.

PS: I didn't play yet the new patch as I'm at work, just my thougts about what I've told or read.

cheers 

_maverick_
12 hours ago, Manager2k said:

This is ridiculous. I hope this is just a bug but would like have any official confirmation that this is meant to be as it is now.

9 hours ago, mcclellanml said:

Yeah I really don't get this... This will take away a lot of their player base because casual players already have a hard enough time buying armor for the raids as is and now that basically armor is a one or two time use nobody will take it in raid anymore. This is the craziest thing to me, The economy is already f'ed and I mean I get they want to make it realistic but at some point they have to realize its still a video game.

Bro this is a hardcore game.

Keeping so much armor in the stash and just using 1 armor for 100 raids is of no point.

The " durability " factor for gear is a good thing. repairing it to almost full after multiple raids was kind of pointless.

• Like 3

TheColdVein

#Locked. Reason: The parameters are like having plates in the armor. They can't be repaired, so the durability reflects this. The armor goes down quicker, but the parameters change to make it more realistic and the lower cost counters it a bit. But of course this will be balanced more but it is a push in the direction of the hardcore realistic game that EFT has always been intended to be. 

Edit: Forgot to actually lock it. It was locked because the op had a concern that it wasn't worth it and I addressed it with an answer because he didn't know why it was like that in the first place. That's the only reason. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 7