Ryukenstein

Combat Suggestion

Ryukenstein

I was noticing that there are still some problems with smooth combat, im pretty much a fast and aggressive playstyle player, and i can say i really like this game, in many many ways. i can't wait to its actual release.

So going straight, i have noticed that i cannot fast aim while i sprint, i have to completely stop sprinting and then right click to aim, which is something pretty slow in my opinion, and thats why i mention that i am a fast playstyle player, i like to sprint fast aim, rush etc. and i belive there are many other like me so... i was wondering if you guys can take my suggestion pretty much as a nice detail, and make me know if there is a way to manually fix this.

if not my suggestion is: Please, make the Aiming possible while holding shift and sprinting and priorizing the aim over the sprint so the player can pause sprinting and aim automatically . i believe this will make controls something more intuitive instead of getting used to them in a pretty forced way.

i took my time to make some ilustrations. (note:  im not comparing this game, just making an example of a pretty universal control profile of a pretty good and old shooter)

EFTAIM.jpg

Edited by Ryukenstein

Vqns

Everything is wrong with this suggestion. EFT isn't meant to be a COD/Battlefield-like game. It is meant to be realistic, and a lot of that realism is lost when these mechanics that you are suggesting are implemented.

• Upvote 1

Ryukenstein
1 hour ago, Vqns said:

Everything is wrong with this suggestion. EFT isn't meant to be a COD/Battlefield-like game. It is meant to be realistic, and a lot of that realism is lost when these mechanics that you are suggesting are implemented.

mmm, i can't see the point in which EFT will be like a COD/BF game just by changing a key issue, if you could maybe think about it...  you will realize that this suggestion is actually a realistic feature. i'll tell you, the smoother the game is , the most realistic it feels, if you simply could think what you want your character to do without depending from a keyboard it would be the ultimate realistic experience (for example).

i can't see how having to stop your shift key to stand and aim is more realistic, when maybe in real life i would throw myself to the floor and roll up to the door, or i least i see your opinion makes no sense sir. Realistic games are relative.

Edited by Ryukenstein

Vqns
20 hours ago, Ryukenstein said:

Realistic games are relative

No

Smoothness does not equate to realism. In real life, it is very difficult to aim while/right after running. There is no way that this could be implemented without messing that up.

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

Ryukenstein
5 hours ago, Vqns said:

it is very difficult to aim while/right after running.

Have you ever played a sport?, it isn't hard. That doesn't even justify the control behavior that i mention. makes no sense.

8mob8

u ever look down the wrong scope repeatedly in real life?

Vqns
10 minutes ago, Ryukenstein said:

Have you ever played a sport?

How is that even close to relevant. 

Simply put, it is beyond unrealistic to be able to aim while you are running, or even right after. When you run you bob. When you bob you can't aim. Not that complicated.

On 6/24/2018 at 3:01 PM, Ryukenstein said:

which is something pretty slow in my opinion

Literally the entire point of this game. This isn't Black Ops 4. The game is meant to be tactical and thought out, not holding shift 99% of the game, trying to rush every single person.

Edited by Vqns

Ryukenstein
3 minutes ago, Vqns said:

How is that even close to relevant. 

Simply put, it is beyond unrealistic to be able to aim while you are running, or even right after. When you run you bob. When you bob you can't aim. Not that complicated.

Literally the entire point of this game. This isn't Black Ops 4. The game is meant to be tactical and thought out, not holding shift 99% of the game, trying to rush every single person.

as an airsoft player i have to completely disagree. i tried to explain my point clearly so people won't jump tilted with my suggestion right away. Clearly you think the game restrictions are realistic, but in real life you can do plenty of things and desitions (that you can't do in this game) and success will depend on the user and conditions that are completely different for everyone. therefore and in a nutshell ''Realism'' is a very complex thing to talk in video games. nobody is talking about BO4 this is EFT obviously and Rushing mechanic is still a realistic mechanic.

Vqns
27 minutes ago, Ryukenstein said:

as an airsoft player

Airsoft guns are completely different from real guns. Real guns kick and are heavier, making it much harder to run and aim.

28 minutes ago, Ryukenstein said:

nobody is talking about BO4

Hard to tell from your suggestion.

29 minutes ago, Ryukenstein said:

Rushing mechanic is still a realistic mechanic.

Only if the soldier rushing has a death wish. Rushing was only a tactic back during the days of trench warfare and inaccurate guns, when they understood that death was needed in order to advance. Another time when rushing was used was during WWII, with Germany's Blitzkrieg tactic. Oddly enough (/s), EFT isn't placed before or during WWII, so rushing doesn't make sense as a "realistic mechanic". I'm not saying that the game shouldn't allow rushing. However, I also don't think that it should be encouraged through the addition of more mechanics that favor a fast-paced play style.