TheColdVein

Mosin sniper rifle (mod. M1891/30y.)

5 minutes ago, JCglitchmaster said:

The ammo isn't available until lvl 3 prapor though. And the same people struggling to get ammo for the ak that is armor piercing at low levels (a feat that isn't remotely hard but players still seem unable to do so) will not be able to get the 7.62x54r ammo needed for the mosin

They're going to add ammo for level 1.

Edited by Maki_Nishikino

1 minute ago, Maki_Nishikino said:

They're going to add ammo for level 1.

Guess that makes sense then. But again, if the people who can't spend 10 mins getting ap ammo at lvl 1 in the 3000 locations its available then I doubt giving them a bolt action sniper where you need headshot is really going to help them.

Just now, JCglitchmaster said:

Guess that makes sense then. But again, if the people who can't spend 10 mins getting ap ammo at lvl 1 in the 3000 locations its available then I doubt giving them a bolt action sniper where you need headshot is really going to help them.

7.62x54 hits like a freight train no matter what type it is.

Just now, Maki_Nishikino said:

its 3 shot to the chest of most armor types. Between them rechambering the mosin the person can hit a heal off negating that dmg and resetting them all while pumping rounds of most likely an automatic weapon into a unarmored target. Doesn't matter how hard it hits if the dps is lower and they have more armor.

8 minutes ago, JCglitchmaster said:

its 3 shot to the chest of most armor types. Between them rechambering the mosin the person can hit a heal off negating that dmg and resetting them all while pumping rounds of most likely an automatic weapon into a unarmored target. Doesn't matter how hard it hits if the dps is lower and they have more armor.

3 shots to the chest? What ammo? Also, the med spam meta is not going to be a thing for much longer.

Edited by Maki_Nishikino

On 9/14/2018 at 6:25 PM, Maki_Nishikino said:

I took 3 shots from an Sv 98 to drop. I had no armor whatsoever.

This reeeeally needs to be adressed in the future.

On 9/16/2018 at 9:58 AM, Maki_Nishikino said:

Yeah, that's not right. D:

Damn right it's not.

If you wear a helmet lvl4 for example and get hit in the head by a rifle round, the effect should be pretty much the same as when being affected by a flashbang.

On 9/14/2018 at 11:14 AM, JCglitchmaster said:

I sorta understand the sniping aspect of it since I actually do enjoy slapping a 1000m scope on an sv98 and going ham in shoreline but its the fact everyone is acting like the weapon is the second coming of christ. It isn't like DAYZ for example where people would run it as a primary weapon. The game in it's current meta would not allow for that and for someone to be successful. I guess I am more wanting a weapon that changes up mundane ak-74/m4 gameplay the game has gotten to now.

Now a P90, that would get me real excited. But who knows, maybe it will release and the game will actually work like an actual game and I will be turned around as to my thoughts on it. We can only hope :)

As for exciting rifles,, why don't we get a lever action. That would look amazing with tarkovs animations

Well, people who like Mosin don't even care if it's an ideal gun. They just want to have it. And I do agree that P90 wwell be a good addition. It will be expensive AF, but the 5.7 will be really useful. The 5.7mm SS190 can penetrate a level IIIA soft armor from 200m, which means it should have a decent penetration. Combining with its high ammo capacity and fire rate, this thing will be fun.  

8 hours ago, Skemba said:

Damn right it's not.

If you wear a helmet lvl4 for example and get hit in the head by a rifle round, the effect should be pretty much the same as when being affected by a flashbang.

I agree. And getting hit by a slug in the head, no matter what helmet you have, you should have a broken neck. I feel that they need to change how they evaluate ammo now. There are damages that can't be measured simply by "damage" and "penetration" values.