skin

Thermal scopes should be removed.

skin

Just as the title implies Thermal scopes have no place in this game. Very much like Arma, thermal scopes and gear are absurdly over powered and make the games terrain cover worthless.  I can see players that, with a standard scope alone,  would be nigh on invisible.  A game breaking advantage in my humble opinion and I hope they are removed.

• Like 5
  • Sad 16
  • Upvote 2

edga48

this is tarkov not arma , scope in tarkov works differently  and has a hefty price tag in return you get a bulky scope with bad quality and low refresh rate . If you don't see it in meta that means its not as overpowered as you think . Play a few rounds with it and then re-think this post .

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 6

skin

As the post iterated, I HAVE used the scope to great effect. My sentiment is valid from my perspective so I will not be rethinking the cogent position I have laid out for the public's consumption.  It is my hope if other people agree with me in great numbers, the devs will take this position into consideration and remove this item from the game as it is not needed and in fact makes the game worse.

• Sad 3

NoisyCosmos

Haven't used. But what I saw it is very well balanced. They are expensive too.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

headbanger203
3 minutes ago, skin said:

As the post iterated, I HAVE used the scope to great effect. My sentiment is valid from my perspective so I will not be rethinking the cogent position I have laid out for the public's consumption.  It is my hope if other people agree with me in great numbers, the devs will take this position into consideration and remove this item from the game as it is not needed and in fact makes the game worse.

So you're saying they should be removed because you've used them well?

I've seen two thermal scopes in use this wipe, one was on a glitched zero-recoil M4 which i got when I wiped a squad of snipers, the other I found on shoreline and stuck it on my gun and then promptly sold it when I exited the raid.

No-one seems to view that as viable due to the short range of gun fights (For the most part), price to run them regularly (300k approx.) and the delay of the scope, this is actually the only post I've seen someone complaining about a thermal scope since they've been released.

• Upvote 1

JCglitchmaster

Trying to do long distance shots with it are impossible to get consistently. This isn't like armas where the thermal is static. As the scope refreshed it moves the crosshair everytime it does meaning 200-400m headshots just aren't viable. It cost's alot, it takes ages to ads with it and it can't see people from an infinite distance away unlike armas. It's only good for scanning bushes that are fairly close and at that range is the extra 300k really going to make you overpowered compared to your eyes. The only time it could be considered OP is at nighttime since it gives you a significant advantage when spotting at range but again, once you spot because of the refresh (especially with the bolt actions) getting that crucial 1 hit headshot just isn't that possible.

Also I disagree with it making the game worse. Think of it similar to night vision in that on woods when its really dark you cant see 3ft infront of you. With night vision however you can see up to 400m infront of you and nightvision you have it on always no matter what sight you use making it extremely good and 'overpowered'. However the price of night vision along with the lower perf vision balances it. The thermal you must ads (with a very low fov), low refresh rate making tracking targets alot more difficult, costs significantly more than nvgs and its very hard to consistently hit long range targets when you aren't spraying.Therefor if the thermal is OP then night vision would also be OP but it's not. It's not OP personally and fits into the game kinda nicely. If anything it's so bad outside of just spotting that I feel its underpowered (hence why you see hardly anybody using it).

Edited by JCglitchmaster
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

smallgreenant

Unlike in the movie Predator where thermal vision was OP as duck, you don't get the added bonus of invisibility and head tracking shoulder cannons, which I think was a smart decision by the Devs.

giphy.webp

• Like 5

mcloud

thermal is a beast for outside during the night.. but inside it sucks. try it out in factory, good luck with all the blinky lights and heat sources there.

it is super balanced and not OP at all in this game.

Excellently done Dev team.

Brons0n
7 hours ago, skin said:

Just as the title implies Thermal scopes have no place in this game. Very much like Arma, thermal scopes and gear are absurdly over powered and make the games terrain cover worthless.  I can see players that, with a standard scope alone,  would be nigh on invisible.  A game breaking advantage in my humble opinion and I hope they are removed.

if someone wants to risk half a million on an attachment that's fine. not OP in any way

GhostZ69

I love thermal scopes.  Not running them, but looting them and selling them.  Only time I have used a thermal was to kill two guys exit camping a night time Interchange raid.

• Like 1

RUS_VIDRA

I think it must be some kind of anti thermal camouflage to balance IR scopes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kXOSfesl00

zieft

Thermo scope is the only way to beat an ESPer.

Tr4wnet
On 7/9/2018 at 5:01 PM, skin said:

Sorry to tell you this but, noone really cares about what you think of them. Especially not the devs, but thanks for another useless post.

Snork_Svk

Hmm... not so OP in every ocasions, they have some clear advantage in certain situations and sometimes termal can be your disadvantage.

I yesterday killed fully geared 3 man squad (Fort ,FastMT, M1A with termal) (FullGen4, FastMT, HK416 with termal + Wcase in bag) (third one not looted because body was bugged but i see on his HK termal also) on day Customs with barebone AK-74M (helping one new guy with quest) I have only 30 rounders magazines with BS ammo. Termal have disadvatage to not clearly identify target from allied and hostile. They was confused, they died fast. Sadly my friend also.

In clan we tried CW agains yourself 5vs5 fully geared, we got on same server 3 times, termals everything, thermal si good for spoting but have small range and is slow, could help find someone in bushes, but for engagment, shooting and precise killing are conventionall scopes more usefull.
They povide some advantages for high cost, is maybe now little problematic situation because everyone (or majority of core players) is rich and spend 500k on scope is not problem. But this don't mean: "I mount termal on my gun and i'm unstopable killing machine", you need learn a bit how use it properly and what to expect from it.

• Like 1

Hamm

thermal scopes are alot of money... the mosin is what needs to be removed, along with its dumb quests...those quests make it so they only bring in mosins.

• Sad 3

Paxcon
On 3/1/2019 at 2:30 AM, Hamm said:

thermal scopes are alot of money... the mosin is what needs to be removed, along with its dumb quests...those quests make it so they only bring in mosins.

Mosin should be a bit harder to get and use but removal,  no. 

Bout the thermals.. Ive yet to come across someone using them and ive played for over a year now

smokey-phil

They are op in real life too but that doesn't stop everyone and his brother using them :P

Plasterninja
23 minutes ago, smokey-phil said:

They are op in real life too but that doesn't stop everyone and his brother using them :P

I dunno, the ones we used in afghanistan were useless pieces of shite. I had one with me on 1 patrol, after that I only used my optics / Binoculars.

• Like 1

Hamm
11 hours ago, Paxcon said:

Mosin should be a bit harder to get and use but removal,  no. 

Bout the thermals.. Ive yet to come across someone using them and ive played for over a year now

since they have a limit on items that you use to build m4s or a limit on gen4s(which is completely dumb) they need to have it so you can only buy 1 or 2 mosins per trader wipe.

Plasterninja
On 3/2/2019 at 6:46 PM, Hamm said:

since they have a limit on items that you use to build m4s or a limit on gen4s(which is completely dumb) they need to have it so you can only buy 1 or 2 mosins per trader wipe.

Someone needs to play smarter instead of making every single topic be about Mosins...

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Hamm
6 hours ago, Plasterninja said:

Someone needs to play smarter instead of making every single topic be about Mosins...

good logic.

Plasterninja
18 minutes ago, Hamm said:

good logic.

Considering how much you complain about Mosins and how rarely I get killed by them (being a mediocre player) its only logical that the problem is you and not Mosins ;)

• Like 1

Hamm
2 minutes ago, Plasterninja said:

Considering how much you complain about Mosins and how rarely I get killed by them (being a mediocre player) its only logical that the problem is you and not Mosins ;)

because mosins shouldnt 1 shot through gen4. i also wouldnt care if people brought in gear with a mosin so its actually rewarding killing them, but no its just a level 50+ player with just a mosin..

Plasterninja
1 minute ago, Hamm said:

because mosins shouldnt 1 shot through gen4. i also wouldnt care if people brought in gear with a mosin so its actually rewarding killing them, but no its just a level 50+ player with just a mosin..

Of course it should, its a huge round, capable of shooting through most APCs ,that only gains more stopping power going through the armor. Mosins are also hard to use and if you miss, you’re pretty much dead. Before the ammo buff people that used heavy armor were pretty much invincible and the meta reflected that, and thats not what Tarkov is about in my opinion. Tarkov is about fear, fear that anything can kill you at any time and that fear should keep you on your toes, you should never feel “safe” while in a raid, and the 7,62x54mm round is a great way of ensuring that noone ever feels safe.

• Like 1

Hamm
Just now, Plasterninja said:

Of course it should, its a huge round, capable of shooting through most APCs ,that only gains more stopping power going through the armor. Mosins are also hard to use and if you miss, you’re pretty much dead. Before the ammo buff people that used heavy armor were pretty much invincible and the meta reflected that, and thats not what Tarkov is about in my opinion. Tarkov is about fear, fear that anything can kill you at any time and that fear should keep you on your toes, you should never feel “safe” while in a raid, and the 7,62x54mm round is a great way of ensuring that noone ever feels safe.

i see what you mean, but as someone who runs the "best" gear every raid i shouldnt be going against people with just mosins, that to me doesnt make for fun PVP, i want people that have matching gear to be in my raids. thats just me, i find it way more enjoyable.