weapon strap

maybe you could do  that if you have a strap on your weapon, the change of weapon / throwing of grenade is faster / or allor that when we are healing we cant move our weapon (because our character is healing) but if we have a strap we can at least run (because the strap holds the weapon and our character does not need to keep it for healing

#google traduction french/english                                                                                   

( i dont no if its a good idea   )    : /                                                                                                                                                                                                         

image.png.d26cbb66a0dad92b68cdd627899a2c54.png

Edited by brouaha
DragunovCrux

It's a sling, and there are many kinds and ways to put it on your weapon - all of which can be a good addition to increase weapon swap, plus ergonomics.

Edited by DragunovCrux
  • Thanks 1
GuerrillaOPS

Technically all the bigger weapons (apart from holstered) are behaving already like they were on a strap.
How else the rifle hovers on characters back?

It's just not modeled in which is probably because making it look good would require some quite complex animation to look as great as everything else in the game.

You've probably noted how certain clothing items glitch over other pieces of equipment...
This most likely means that details such as that aren't too high up on the priority list

DragunovCrux

I think OP wants it as an item you can get with stats, not simply an aesthetic or implied to exist.

Edited by DragunovCrux
GuerrillaOPS
5 minutes ago, DragunovCrux said:

I think OP wants it as an item you can get with stats, not simply an aesthetic or implied to exist.

I understood that, but it kinda works already like it does exist.
I think it's left out because of how complicated it is to animate well and to fit together with the rest of the gear not looking like it goes through every bag and clothing item etc.

Most games behave like there was a strap and no real life soldier uses two weapons without a sling or a strap.

Don't get me wrong, it would be cool to have it visually there, but the character already does healing etc. without dropping the gun and the gun in the back is also in a position where it can only be held via a strap.

Like I said... Priorities, probably.