OmariusMaximus

Miscellaneous Animation That We Need

OmariusMaximus

Hello,

I really think that we need an animation for throwing back a grenade when someone throws it at me (not cooked enough).

Thanks!

Psycho8Vegemite

Throwing back a grenade is unrealistic for modern grenades that usually go off in 3-5 seconds after the safety lever is let go. I think a lot of people would be fine with it being added in but it would be used infrequently enough (successfully as well) that there's not really a point.

OmariusMaximus

A very fair response just one needs to remember that when it comes to throwing a grenade and being able to throw it back it is better to at least possess the option versus one being powerless to it. Its a nuance that would be nice in the game but preferably not yet considering other more noticeable changes and effects that could take place.

oldImba

Throwing back grenades is hard to implement without losing the amount of realism that a pc-game can provide. You would have to spot the grenade on the ground, run there, pick it up (pick-up mechanics are a bit clunky in EFT but that's fine) and press a button to throw it. By that time it would have already exploded twice.

If you just add a grenade indicator and a "press x to throw it back"-mechanic, then this game would in this case feel like some call of duty sh*t. Some ideas are good but not everything can be added without losing the game's philiosophy.

*pressing f to pay respects for your idea*