Listen, before I even start I want to preface this by saying that this is a bit semantic but should matter to anyone who actually likes this game and wants it to succeed.

I think it's rational to assume that the closer to any early access game gets to 1.0 the closer it is to full release. So why are they jumping to .9 when hilarious amounts of features are still missing and completely untested (yeah, I'm sure flashbangs and smoke will work flawlessly out of the gate), netcoding is still poop, and they haven't even begun to take a serious look at the economy? Not to mention that this is supposedly going to be a seamless open world at some point, but the game can barely handle shoreline with 5 scavs before shitting itself inside out with desync. 

The move to calling the game .9 feels like a pathetic attempt to show players that progress is being made towards a full release despite there being no actual progress. 

I think the developers need to set realistic goals for a 1.0 release and then stick to those instead of faking it. Abandon the idea of a seamless open world, your engine cannot handle it. Balance the economy around the current play format, instanced sessions with a set number of other players, then optimize the game so that people without super computers can run it at more than 10 FPS. Make the game you actually have better instead of promising it will be a different game one day.

Don't make Survivarium again. 

1 hour ago, DEOVONTAY said:

I think it's rational to assume that the closer to any early access game gets to 1.0 the closer it is to full release. So why are they jumping to .9

They can move on to a 0.10, 0.11 and so on. Version numbers in development are rarely supposed to measure progress but to keep track of changes made to the game:

I.E: [Main game Version].[Patch Number].[Hotfix Number]

1 hour ago, DEOVONTAY said:

I think the developers need to set realistic goals for a 1.0 release and then stick to those instead of faking it. Abandon the idea of a seamless open world, your engine cannot handle it. Balance the economy around the current play format, instanced sessions with a set number of other players, then optimize the game so that people without super computers can run it at more than 10 FPS. Make the game you actually have better instead of promising it will be a different game one day.

We can see that they are focusing on making the game better before adding major new elements. For example: there should be an open beta including the hideout since "early 2018". They put that on hold to focus on bugfixing. 

• Upvote 2

They can move on to a 0.10, 0.11 and so on. Version numbers in development are rarely supposed to measure progress but to keep track of changes made to the game:

This is the one and only answer as to why  0.9 doesn't mean this:

The move to calling the game .9 feels like a pathetic attempt to show players that progress is being made towards a full release despite there being no actual progress. 

This is the difference between feeling, and knowing. 0.9 doesn't mean the advent of 1.0 at all, and a quick google search could have explained that, but you chose instead to assume and preach from the soapbox.

3 hours ago, DEOVONTAY said:

Listen, before I even start I want to preface this by saying that this is a bit semantic but should matter to anyone who actually likes this game and wants it to succeed.

I think it's rational to assume that the closer to any early access game gets to 1.0 the closer it is to full release. So why are they jumping to .9 when hilarious amounts of features are still missing and completely untested (yeah, I'm sure flashbangs and smoke will work flawlessly out of the gate), netcoding is still poop, and they haven't even begun to take a serious look at the economy? Not to mention that this is supposedly going to be a seamless open world at some point, but the game can barely handle shoreline with 5 scavs before shitting itself inside out with desync. 

no one knows how much content is nearly or already finished, only speculations, maybe after 0.9 theres 0.91, 0.92 or whatever. And like others said, 1.0  does not necessarily mean final build / full release.

There are a few assumptions on your side. The first one is that after 0.9 the only option is 1.0 and the second assumption is that the content we have right now is all they have finished, or that we will even have access to the full game during the testing stages before it releases. They could have much more content finished but that relies on a feature that hasn't been implemented yet, or that is being held back for when client stability improves.

Truth is we just don't know if any of these will be the case or not. After 0.9 they can go with 0.10. Wouldn't be the first time i would see this.

Version numbering for software is somewhat used to measure progress. The consortium is that a version 1.0 is a finished, polished, product. Now what you want to understand is, version numbering for software has several component. Let's take 0.9.1 Build 456

The 0 is the major version. the 9.1 minor is the minor version. The 456 is the build (also called revision). In general, only the major and an integer minor are required, but the dev might choose to include the other parts.

.So for EFT, 0.9 might go to 0.10, because that's just the minor version going from 9 to 10

Edited by K3OS

12 hours ago, DEOVONTAY said:

This has to be the silliest and most useless post I've seen. 10/10 would not read again.

On 7/19/2018 at 1:19 PM, DEOVONTAY said:

First thing first , you're just assuming stuff here man , the 0.9 is only an indication of how many updates and patches they had put out and it's only numbers , when the game officially launches I'm pretty sure they'll announce it . 
Second , it's Survarium . Not Survivarium .

Edited by KillerOyster

It was confirmed that after 0.9 we are going to have 0.10, gentelmen.

Don't worry we won't publish a unfinished game.