dapps

Remove hunger and thirst

Food and drink has no purpose other than an added annoyance. The raids last 50mins max so the dehydration and hunger effects have no place.

This is not dayz, nor should it try to be. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 3
  • Upvote 2

@dapps

Sir,

that kind of things are intended and won't be taken out.

Escape from Tarkov is a hardcore MMO that combines FPS with RPG elements, so the hunger and thirst will be in the game, also drinking and eating animations are on the way, same for healing animations.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 2

vor 13 Minuten schrieb TheWay:

@dapps

Sir,

Escape from Tarkov is a hardcore MMO that combines FPS/TPS with RPG elements, so the hunger and thirst will be in the game, also drinking and eating animations are on the way, same for healing animations.

When we are already talking about that. Is it normal that i am thirsty after couple minutes of raid but never hungry (well, i guess energy shows hunger)?

• Like 1

On 7/22/2018 at 10:00 AM, TheWay said:

Sir,

Escape from Tarkov is a hardcore MMO that combines FPS/TPS with RPG elements, so the hunger and thirst will be in the game, also drinking and eating animations are on the way, same for healing animations.

It's obvious its intended, but its wrong. 

The eating and drinking have no place in this game. They are a ridiculous mechanic that does nothing more than create the false element that there is more to do. Also the death by hydration is idiotic.

have energy, fine. But entering a raid full hydration and then to be at deaths door because i haven't had a drink in 20 mins is a stupid mechanic. Remove it.

Also you mention TPS? That typically means third person shooter. I really hope that your use of TPS means something else, because if you guys implement 3pp camera then it's clear you have lost your way from being hardcore and selling out to the nerf gamers... If that is in fact the case that 3pp mode is coming, then may as well implement kill cam, team markers, remove team damage and release it for console.

• Sad 3
  • Upvote 1

@dapps

My bad about adding the "TPS", copied the wrong line of text, it shouldn't be there.

Third person camera is not coming.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

You guys know, that the time goes faster in the game right? Like 4 times or so. Now try it yourself: Go outside and do some exercises for 1.5 h with 20 kg equipment. Oh and dont forget a back pack filled with even more stuff. Then tell me again how you didnt need a drop of water after that time. 

For real now, how hard is it to take something to drink with you? You can even find drinks on every corner ... 

vor 10 Minuten schrieb PardTheTroll:

You can even find drinks on every corner ... 

Later, i mean by release, not anymore^^

but your point is totally valid. Best one Fast mt helmet (almost full closed helmet), a fort armore, 1 m4 in hand, 1 pumpgun on your back. and a full trizip. Dont forget your vest. Run around and ofc that adrenalin. Timer could be more 3x but even 3x so about 3 hour, no water.... yep, that would be no good

@dapps

I guess you (aswell all of us right now for sure, too) are very low in metabolism. If you train it a bit, you will likely have less problem with water.

Edited by keyciraptor

Thanks for the replies.

That said, justify it all you want, I still stand firm that it adds nothing to the game and should be removed.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Upvote 1

vor 4 Stunden schrieb dapps:

Thanks for the replies.

That said, justify it all you want, I still stand firm that it adds nothing to the game and should be removed.

No, thank you for creating another thread about a feature someone is upset about. The best of it: like most of those, the OP doesnt give a flying hotdog about the responses. Why make this thread, if not to collect pitty or likes?

Edited by PardTheTroll
  • Upvote 1

I think thirst and hunger really don't matter for these raids. They're too short, all things considered to get anywhere near life threatening even under extreme stress. The only thing I like is if your stomach is blacked, it'll sort of act like uncontrollable bleeding that can't be stopped by bandages. 

However, I figure hunger and thirst come into a much greater role with the open world/free roam mode, where you could be in raid for much longer periods of time like in DayZ, where those factors would come into play more.

• Upvote 1

I like it but it definitely needs to be adjusted. I don't even bother bringing food because I have never seen my energy drop below 99, just something to drink. I do think hydration loss is a bit extreme.

Edited by Tactical556

15 hours ago, dapps said:

Food and drink has no purpose other than an added annoyance. The raids last 50mins max so the dehydration and hunger effects have no place.

This is not dayz, nor should it try to be. 

Do you not understand the 50 minute raid times are not actual in-game time? Ever notice how the raid times on the main menu are accelerated? Ever notice how you may start a raid at around 4:00 P.M. (16:00) and you leave when it's dark out (7-9 P.M. or 19:00-21:00)?

The game may only have 50 minute raids, but the in-game time is accelerated. It's not actually 50 minutes of in-game time.

Edit: 1 second of IRL time is about 7-8 seconds of in-game time. That means that 50 minute raid is actually 350-420 minutes, or 6-7 hours roughly. You are also not just chilling out, but running around all over the place and getting in gun fights, sweating, etc. It is entirely realistic. The only thing that's not is that energy hardly goes down at all.

Edited by Sir_Mossy

42 minutes ago, Sir_Mossy said:

Do you not understand the 50 minute raid times are not actual in-game time? Ever notice how the raid times on the main menu are accelerated? Ever notice how you may start a raid at around 4:00 P.M. (16:00) and you leave when it's dark out (7-9 P.M. or 19:00-21:00)?

The game may only have 50 minute raids, but the in-game time is accelerated. It's not actually 50 minutes of in-game time.

Edit: 1 second of IRL time is about 7-8 seconds of in-game time. That means that 50 minute raid is actually 350-420 minutes, or 6-7 hours roughly. You are also not just chilling out, but running around all over the place and getting in gun fights, sweating, etc. It is entirely realistic. The only thing that's not is that energy hardly goes down at all.

Not sure where you got your numbers, but I heard it is a 4:1 ratio.  If you check what time it is for an in game raid to start at say noon your time, in an hour it should be four hours later.  Check that.  

To whoever was talking about four hours out in the sun blah blah blah.  I work outside.  I carry around quite a bit of equipment.  Maybe not a trizip full of equipment, but a bit.  I am over 40 years old, fat and out of shape, and I can tell you that I would NOT die of dehydration in four hours without some water.  Now, take a young healthy, in shape "PMC" and he should have no problems lasting 4 hours without dying.

• Like 3

i'm +++++ for taking this out of the game. i had this too many times death by hydration, full of ducking loot and dying on my way to extraction because i could not find a drink. i mean maybe make the effect to change instead of an almost instant death,. i mean in real life you would hallucinate for days before you die. besides that the idea is that you are a ducking mercenary or something right, or something like that. i understand you need to level but common guys lets keep this real.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, teringlijerr said:

i'm +++++ for taking this out of the game. i had this too many times death by hydration, full of ducking loot and dying on my way to extraction because i could not find a drink. i mean maybe make the effect to change instead of an almost instant death,. i mean in real life you would hallucinate for days before you die. besides that the idea is that you are a ducking mercenary or something right, or something like that. i understand you need to level but common guys lets keep this real.

Bring something to drink into the raid, problem solved.

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 3

On 7/22/2018 at 1:11 PM, dapps said:

Thanks for the replies.

How can you say it adds nothing to the game? Of course it does. It adds a survival mechanic to the game that can and will be tweaked on the way. 

I find it so stupid that people like you come here to make suggestion without paying any attention to what the devs have said about the direction of the game! Its disrespectful to the devs IMO. Anyways, its planned that there will be a free roaming map that connects the raids and it will be big so that you will need to drink and eat while surviving in it. 

On top of that, I believe your characters conditions wont be "zeroed"  when you exit a raid so you need to heal up and drink and eat before you enter the next raid. If this will be implemented, eating and drinking will be much more important than now.

On 7/22/2018 at 10:08 PM, Tactical556 said:

Bring something to drink into the raid, problem solved.

Real easy fix for you dapps. What TheWay said as the first reply, shouldve cleared it for you. YOU are not adding nothing to the discussion by this post.

• Sad 1

Go play Call of Duty, Battlefield , or one of the other pure shooters if you don't want to worry about hunger and thirst there are plenty of FPS games out there without that feature. This being a survival FPS , RPG hybrid it seem very necessary to the core gameplay here, though I agree with the ones saying it could use some tweaks ..I did not see anyone else mention that you lose hydration from blood loss , I do believe. ( don't quote me on that it just seems like if I get shot that hydration drops crazy fast )

Everyone saying this is fine is entirely wrong... it’s unrealistic... and apparently it’s not a “survival game” so why even have these features be so impactful? 

energy and hydration should be one in one... I can play a full intercharge match with no food or drink, end with 2-6 hydration and 95 energy. Don’t be blind to it it’s unrealistic... my energy should at least be at 30-50 if my hydration is that low, at this time energy is pointless as hydration is too detrimental especially when your stomach is blacked, if you black your stomach from the start by a scav you might as well alt-f4 because you won’t make it without 6 waters or so. It should be disabled until it’s reworked just a bit so you lose less hydration..

ive lost a ton of Raids geared or not to hydration issues. It’s quite ridiculous in its current state. Hopefully some adjustments are made not to tailor to my experience but all the realistic-ness BSG swears by... 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Interesting responses. Many fan boys with the "dont diss my tarkov" stance...

Tarkov is not a survival game. So the drinking and eating have no place in the game. It does nothing more than provide a false sense of more things to do.

Being told to go play FPS games because tarkov is a survival FPS just proves how much the haters don't actually know about EFT. The devs have publicly stated on many occasions in the forums and on twitter that EFT is NOT a survival game.. its an escape game. 

I prefer survival anyway, and additionally the hunger and dehydration aspects of those games too. But i like that in SURVIVAL games. And EFT is clearly not a survival game.

That said, and i'm sure i'll get some more hate, but whatever the responses might be, the hydration and hunger mechanics are just plain broken. And even if they were 'fixed', they really have no purpose. I do agree the blackened stomach dehydration does in effect simulate uncontrollable blood loss, so i kinda like it for that purpose only.

Did some of u read the infos about the game? You know that we Dont have Raids to Release anymore?We will have one big map a base with Generators you need to Reapair things you need to collect fuel you dont have Traider sin the menue you need to walk and find it !!!

so you need water and food also all the items woult to be needet in the future its just a testing area for the full game what we have now  

Edited by fallout2323
Post to early

43 minutes ago, dapps said:

Tarkov is not a survival game. So the drinking and eating have no place in the game. It does nothing more than provide a false sense of more things to do.

49 minutes ago, dapps said:

I prefer survival anyway, and additionally the hunger and dehydration aspects of those games too. But i like that in SURVIVAL games. And EFT is clearly not a survival game.

And i say it is Survival game. Any arguments that EFT is not ? It seems pretty survival game for me. Because by my knowledge and know definition of survival game it fits criteria.

48 minutes ago, dapps said:

Being told to go play FPS games because tarkov is a survival FPS just proves how much the haters don't actually know about EFT. The devs have publicly stated on many occasions in the forums and on twitter that EFT is NOT a survival game.. its an escape game. 

Pics or it didn't happen.

Also this feature is intended, probably needs polishing, but it's gives purpose to other things in environment.

• Upvote 1

On 7/29/2018 at 5:31 AM, cimbulimbu said:

And i say it is Survival game. Any arguments that EFT is not ? It seems pretty survival game for me. Because by my knowledge and know definition of survival game it fits criteria.

I thought the same until many admin responded in other words disclaiming it as a survival. It is a hardcore FPS shooter with survival features 

Recently i has intensive phisycal activity in hot and sunny day. Before start, i has drink isotonic beverage. After 1.5h i was pretty dehydrated and very unefficient. Then i drink 1L of water, wait 10 minutes, and i felt much better. In this time i don't eat, and was not hungry. 

So i think dehydration is pretty possible, especially in sunny and hot day, when you carry 2 carabines, heavy backpack, and bulettproof vest. And also, if raid time in real is ~4 hours, there is no need to eat anythink if your are not diabetic. So the hydration and energy atribiutes has pretty real behavior, but in fact energy is not possible to drain over and its useless.

• Upvote 1

On 7/29/2018 at 2:36 PM, dapps said:

Interesting responses. Many fan boys with the "dont diss my tarkov" stance...

You should open up your thinking a little bit, youve got no idea about the direction and future of this game. This is still just a beta with one gamemode out of atleast 3 confirmed ones. Its important to test these features before the open world, for example, because there the hunger and thirst will actually make a big difference in gameplay. 

Im pretty sure that your thirst and hunger are worse now than what they will later be, because they need to test everything from loot economy to dying of dehydration before we get to the open world stage.

Someone isnt a fanboy if he has more information about sth than you and proves your arguments wrong. Silly dapps!