ChaoticOne

WTF is with the imbalance toward me in this game??

ChaoticOne

I have been a long time supporter and player of Tarkov. And as each day goes by and each patch released, im getting more frustrated. WTF is going on?? why cant i kill anyone but die from one shot every time? Regardless of ammo type or armor worn and range firing from, im always the loser. Sure, you can say im just bad. But I know Its not me. I have many clips of the very clear unfairness i am suffering. WHY??? Why can others tank 21+ hits from any weapon i have and i die from one shot? Doesnt matter where or what ammo. I get one tapped in the chest through fort all the time. But NO ONE else does?? Please BSG, Explain this to me. Cuz at this point i want my $150 back cuz i feel ive been ripped off. I have quietly suffered for a long time and im at my patience end. I see NO ONE else with these kinds of issues. And its not my PC or connection. I wish i could post video here. To show exactly what i mean. I can shoot someone I have been following in the back 8 times just to be killed in one hit as they spin around......I am really about over it at this point....Someone tell me im not the only one with this BS happening.....PLEASE!!! I loved this game and i just want to love it again.....But the fact that it seems to only be problems i get. None of my friends say its this bad....Almost like my account itself is nerfed. WTF?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Edited by ChaoticOne
  • Upvote 1

TheFondler
5 minutes ago, ChaoticOne said:

I have been a long time supporter and player of Tarkov. And as each day goes by and each patch released, im getting more frustrated. WTF is going on?? why cant i kill anyone but die from one shot every time? Regardless of ammo type or armor worn and range firing from, im always the loser. Sure, you can say im just bad. But I know Its not me. I have many clips of the very clear unfairness i am suffering. WHY??? Why can others tank 21+ hits from any weapon i have and i die from one shot? Doesnt matter where or what ammo. I get one tapped in the chest through fort all the time. But NO ONE else does?? Please BSG, Explain this to me. Cuz at this point i want my $150 back cuz i feel ive been ripped off. I have quietly suffered for a long time and im at my patience end. I see NO ONE else with these kinds of issues. And its not my PC or connection. I wish i could post video here. To show exactly what i mean. I can shoot someone I have been following in the back 8 times just to be killed in one hit as they spin around......I am really about over it at this point....Someone tell me im not the only one with this BS happening.....PLEASE!!!

I feel ya.... i get headshotted in the face 8/10 times. Since the 0.8 and introducing face hitbox, this game became alot less fun...

I get realism and all, but its still a game. glad IRL soldiers don't get shot in the face 80% of the time, cause a whole lot less of em would be coming  back from war.

Edited by TheFondler
  • Like 1

Enderhawk

IRL soldiers don’t end up alone in middle of hostile territory where everyone and their mothers wants to kill you and take your poo.

Sir_Mossy
3 hours ago, ChaoticOne said:

I have been a long time supporter and player of Tarkov. And as each day goes by and each patch released, im getting more frustrated. WTF is going on?? why cant i kill anyone but die from one shot every time? Regardless of ammo type or armor worn and range firing from, im always the loser. Sure, you can say im just bad. But I know Its not me. I have many clips of the very clear unfairness i am suffering. WHY??? Why can others tank 21+ hits from any weapon i have and i die from one shot? Doesnt matter where or what ammo. I get one tapped in the chest through fort all the time. But NO ONE else does?? Please BSG, Explain this to me. Cuz at this point i want my $150 back cuz i feel ive been ripped off. I have quietly suffered for a long time and im at my patience end. I see NO ONE else with these kinds of issues. And its not my PC or connection. I wish i could post video here. To show exactly what i mean. I can shoot someone I have been following in the back 8 times just to be killed in one hit as they spin around......I am really about over it at this point....Someone tell me im not the only one with this BS happening.....PLEASE!!! I loved this game and i just want to love it again.....But the fact that it seems to only be problems i get. None of my friends say its this bad....Almost like my account itself is nerfed. WTF?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

I know how you feel. It is almost like a curse, where I can kill people with low-medium gear with ease, but as soon as they have even a helmet on they have godmode against me. I was in a raid and I snuck up behind a fully geared guy (Pilgrim, Kiver w/ face mask, suppressed ak, etc.) and he had killed some SCAVs. I had spotted one that had a shotgun. I took the shotgun into my hands, and I assumed that the shotgun was fully loaded (every other time I've picked up a gun off of a SCAV it was fully loaded since they don't actually use the ammo in their inventories). I aim at the guy and land a perfect leg shot. I then shoot a few more times and pepper his UNTAR armor and face shield with the shots. After only firing 3 shots the shotgun was out of ammo, and it was a 6 round pump shotgun. I then rush him and right-click punch him in the leg with my hatchet. He runs away, turns around and 1 taps me. On the damage screen, I did 416 damage to this man. 

This is the quality of any gunplay I get into when the opponent has either a big backpack or a nice gun. I could have them let me shoot them in the face one time and it wouldn't kill them, and then they will 360 no scope me with 1 shot. I can find quest items with absolute ease, but I am simply not allowed to have good gear. The game basically wants me to do hatchling runs because, if I bring gear, I get a terrible spawn and die within a minute, and if I go hatchling I find nice quest items and never die. This is 95% of my gameplay experience.

• Like 2

Droodi

i was playing this game a lot at 0.8 and before. The game was wonderfull before the 0.8 patch, now it's crap. Going with gear or without gear is the same thing.

It was the best fps game for me. Now i won't put 1$ in this.

Listyen to your community bsg, a lot of people were playing before 0.8, a lot of people were enjoying your game, and a lot of people bought it, but you messed up. and we can see it on twitch, no one even care of this game now.

i had a lot of hope for 0.9, i was waiting for optimization etc.. but i only see optimization on patch note. Nothing in the game except content. It's a good thing to add a lot of content, but remember it's a fps.

Much love bsg, i hope next patch will be the one.

JJamie

BSG has multiple times stated that they're making the game they want regardless of how its received. don't like what its turning into? "thanks for your support"

Droodi

Bsg have to understand this point : it's a fps game in beta, if you want us to test the game, you must give us great optimization of servers and no cheater.

How do you want to test the game without these conditions ?

I don't care if i get one tape everytime if there is no cheater and a great connection with servers, because this mean they have to change things, but actually it's imposible to test the game properly.

By the way, i hope they will understand their mistakes, because as i said eft has no more hype.

• Like 2

StickiiTape

I don't know guys, my experience has been on quite the opposite this patch, I've managed to scrape together a 68% survival rate so far in 73 raids this weekend, got a pretty beefed out stash and having a helluva good time, maybe y'all aren't being careful enough and just rushing around.

I don't know what y'all play styles are, but mine is sneeki breeki, about 6 /10 raids I will go without killing a single player and maybe 2 or 3 Scavs... I don't go into raids trying to get kills, I avoid other players and most Scavs unless I am confident I WILL get the kill, there has been countless times where I will spot a player or 2 running my direction and I will jump into the nearest cover and just let them pass, or I will camp near an area where it's hot with Scavs, wait for a PMC to come around and while he is busy fighting the Scavs I will sneak upto him and land a head shot, or I will wait till he is done killing all the Scavs in the vicinity and once he starts looting that's when I make my move, sometimes, actually a lot of the times the Scavs will Kill the PMC and then its easy looting.

I tend to go into raids with an opportunistic mindset, don't go in hunting players or Scavs but rather try to move through the map slowly and do my best to escape. I've had many players lined up in my crosshairs but if I don't feel like I will get the kill from a headshot or a small burst then I don't take the shot, but rather follow them around while they loot and fight Scavs or other players, and make my move once they are super distracted.

Just yesterday I was following a team of 2 on Customs with only a P226, they were kitted to the max, trizips, silenced AKMS, Ghzl, Helmets and all, they got onto the bridge at the gas station fighting the Scav boss and his guards, I snuck up behind them, got onto the bridge behind them and got 1 with a clean headshot, then ran away, his buddy looted him, searched for me a bit, then probably assumed I got killed by the Scav boss because he lost interest in the search and went back to fighting the boss, he got off the bridge, ran towards the shortcut, killed the Scav boss and while he was unlocking the door I ran up behind him and got another clean head shot.

I got his loot, his buddy's as well as the Scav boss and dipped out of there. Most of my encounters are like this. I stalk players, wait till they are hella occupied in a fight and make my moves while they distracted. Or I come across other players, and if I don't feel confident I will get the kill I let them pass. Try playing a bit more opportunistic rather than just firing on the first person you see, tail them, see what they are doing, and once they stop for a few seconds to loot or fight a scav, get them in the headshot while they are stationary.

Headshots are extremely easy to land when someone is distracted.

• Like 1

gunnut45

I know how you feel man, just was running factory and did over 500 with a shotgun to a hatching and he one hits me without even swinging his hatchet. How do you survive that when you only have 435 health? He literally walked up to me and I just died, never saw the melee animation.  Its enough to make someone quit playing this game. If he had armor I would understand him surviving but no armor and that much damage is bs.

ShiroTenshi
On 7/22/2018 at 3:54 PM, ChaoticOne said:

Someone tell me im not the only one with this BS happening.....PLEASE!!!

Sorry to hear about that. Have you submitted bug reports about your issues with the game logs? Without doing that, the DEVs can't start fixing it. Have you tried manually changing the server you connect to from the launcher and choosing the one with the lowest latency instead of having it be auto?

Sadly, from what you describe, the cause of your issues is hard to to tell or explain. It could be the fault of one thing, or multiple things but without actually looking at tangible proof all we would be doing is speculating.  

There are no nerfs placed on accounts, that would just be silly.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

ChaoticOne
22 hours ago, ShiroTenshi said:

Sorry to hear about that. Have you submitted bug reports about your issues with the game logs? Without doing that, the DEVs can't start fixing it. Have you tried manually changing the server you connect to from the launcher and choosing the one with the lowest latency instead of having it be auto?

Sadly, from what you describe, the cause of your issues is hard to to tell or explain. It could be the fault of one thing, or multiple things but without actually looking at tangible proof all we would be doing is speculating.  

There are no nerfs placed on accounts, that would just be silly.

Of course it would be. The part about a nerfed account was a way to describe my perception. Not a fact. That is silly, and BSG would have no reason to do that anyway if even possible. I still hope great things come from this game. I still enjoy it and just want it to work right 100%. I am excited for that day. Its just hard to get through the crap sometimes and stay positive. I know there are multiple reasons for what seems to be happening. I have several video clips of events i considered to be questionable. But i assumed these issues are known and are already being attended to. At least i hope.

Edited by ChaoticOne

Porpoisee

When I started playing Tarkov back in May the damage model was just fine. They must have done something to the armor, cos people are surviving 10+ hits with AKM PS ammo wearing untars or pacas. I am sick and tired of this. We got another PUBG like damage model, which I was trying to avoid. 

Back in May I had no issues fighting as a new player without good gear. SKS or AKM were just fine. Now, 8 days after the wipe there are players on 35+ already with best gear available and the scissors between noobgear and topgear are more spread than ever. I blame the new damage model/armor buff. This has taken the fun away for me as I am not able to grind Tarkov 15 hours a day to get BS rounds quickly and be able to deal with geared players again...  I quit for now. I hope it will change in the future, because the hardcore basis of the game was cool. Now it is just about gear as any other RPG PVP no matter what.