beggarboy

Gear Share Thread - Show us what you run!

beggarboy

The Gear Share Thread

Take out your sickest rifle or your new crafty experimental firing system. Walk others through your thought process, how far it's in the game and how much it is. Help create a fun meta of guns and gear, and create interest in higher level content and their shenanigans for beginners. Shine light on pieces that others might overlook and make them sparkle. Bring out the value in items, explain your combination of gear, the dosage of your meds, the choice of grenades etc.  

Snap a screen, make a short video, write walls of texts or just go mad with numbers with other math maniacs.

#0.9 As this patch just went live a few hours prior to this post I see a lot of potential for fresh content.

I'll start. Since I am quite a new player, I've tried ducking around with cheap gear to see what works and what doesn't. To explain my backgrounds a bit, I come from the cs:go scene, have 1300 hours on record and played a lot around LEM ranks. I tried the Toz, and I don't know why but the constant fear of having just 2 bullets before being helpless for a good 5 seconds cripples me and my playstyle. It doesn't fit my playstyle and even though I can land my shots, it seems to me often the bullets just bounced away. The MP153 seems like a better choice and it's definitely a gun I would pick up in a stress situation to deal with somebody, but as soon as it gets to anything thats more than a hallway you're lacking range. It's also not really cheap with it's 30k price tag.

So I slowly started searching through the stuff I chucked in my stash to see what my option are in the beginning. The AK74U seemed like a good choice, but the lack of a good clear view on the enemy and no availability for either the gun or the scope from lv0 traders pushed it away from what I searched. I came to the conclusion that the AK74N is your best bet, since it has a very nice clear iron sight from the start and two Black Rocks are very manageable to obtain.

But I kept thinking: "What if it's Day 0 Hour 0 after the wipe and I have no super duper edition where I get stuffed from the start like I do with EOD. What if I get dropped with the bare basics and not a lot of money on my hands? Whats the best I can do while being cheap?"

"THE CLG (Compact Loot Gun)"

2018-07-24_07-13-18.thumb.png.79f27696a12b38e79273d1a0ee5f86f3.png

After looking around a bit and doing a little playtesting I've decided this to be the perfect CQB budget looting gun. i'll explain later on. 

Part List

• PP19 Vanilla 
  • EKP 8-18 + Reflex shades 
  • 120 Pst Gzh 9x19
  • Extra 9x19 Mag

The gun is extremely friendly for building up cashflow for prapor and mechanic since the parts can be sold to both if no longer needed and the ammo can be bought for the same price from mechanic, making it a nice passive buildup as bullets have small shelf life. You can pair this gun with light gear, for example a scav vest, a mbss and maybe a paca or 3m. But I've found that running the gun naked isn't much of a problem either. It holds enough of a punch and accuracy to quickly put a bullet into somebodies head, sparing yourself bullets, meds and most importantly keeping a low profile with a quick burst. End fights before they begin.

Pricing & Economy

Holy poo. When I first found this thing off a Scav I discovered potential I dismissed in Battlefield 3 long ago. On the first encounter It didn't have a scope on it. As I had a mate with me I talked a lot about the gun and he told me the EKP fits by default on the PP19 and the 10k price tag might seem like an investment, but a full set of the gun has so many positives that I see no reason to not run it if you're low on cash but want a decent chance to bring home some gear instead of getting blown over because that one pistol bullet just won't cut it against the armored fatties.

The cost of the gun ( -Bullets, +ExtraMag) totals to a sum of R 31 440.
Including the ammo the set comes to R 39 960.

You can additionally sell the rear sight, granting you a 228 rouble cashback at mechanic. 

Compare this to let's say the MP 153, it has a colossal size of 1x7 slots and a price tag (Gun + 30 12x70 Buck Shells) of R 31 502. It does not have any modding options off the bat and it does not come with any tactical attachment. For R 8000 more you get the opportunity to get a clear view of your opponent and have an option to better control over cqb situations because your momentum does not rely on your gun anymore. So if you were to take the MP153 gun into a raid, you're gonna drop it if the other two guns are tasty enough to pick them up over the trusty black barrel. The PP19 in this configuration has a size of 2x3, and can be folded to 2x2. So if youre gonna run a backpack, I don't see a reason to store it away in my BP mid raid, since folding doesn't take long and the weapon can be unfolded very quickly for an out of the box battle state. Comparing to an AK74U, you have two more free slots that can be filled with precious very much needed early game money. And if you're a incredibly cheap bastard, you can in theory stuff the gun away in your Alpha or Gamma Container if things get rough and you run a empty pouch.

Stats & Mods

2018-07-24_07-19-12.thumb.png.759401f0932b3127ed527ff5ffa6d56d.png

I look forward to many posts on this thread and I am happy over any submission, regardless of your budget, skill or experience.

Whether you're using this thread to educate yourself about ideas how to approach tarkov in it's multiple stages or if you're looking for a place to forge wicked creations and share them, you're welcome to this thread. Discussions about sets & guns aren't just allowed, I absolutely encourage every form of critisism or expressions from your point of view.

So please, if you see better alternatives, or possible evolutions of an interesting set, share your thoughts! 

Edited by beggarboy
  • Like 1

Provoked

At this point i bring in nothing but a hatchet. Since the desync is crazy. No hits register at the moment. 

Otherwise i bring in ak-74m since it's cheap as dirt and has the lowest recoil in game amongs automatic rifles. (aside from VAL and VSS).

blokkfighter

M1a with 2 mags, and a blackrock. 

KVAD_Borcyxa

SKS sometimes be good. Saiga is a kind of crap (for a strange reason), because I don't see any damage dealt to my enemies by this gun. But it was interesting to read, and it is very interesting to check out your CLG project:)

Edited by Zloymatros_RUS
  • Like 1

BARRICADE

Everything in highlighted in red. + Kirasa or Forte.

This will net you the gear, kills, survivability that most people want.

I switch up to an AKM every now and again for funsies though. 

2018-07-25[13-16] (0).jpg

• Thanks 1

beggarboy

@BARRICADE

Interesting ammunition choice. I am assuming you're targeting heavy armor with the BT ammo. Where do you personally aim with BT?

I see you have a few M4s there. Why do you favor the AK-47M over the M4? 

Edited by beggarboy

BARRICADE
6 hours ago, beggarboy said:

@BARRICADE

Interesting ammunition choice. I am assuming you're targeting heavy armor with the BT ammo. Where do you personally aim with BT?

I see you have a few M4s there. Why do you favor the AK-47M over the M4? 

Velocity. Pure and simple. 900mps or higher with the 74's is going to make blunt damage even better once it's finally added. High Velocity=Harder Hit.

BT is a great alt for BP at a low level now with the inclusion of the scav boss as his guards all use it in their weapons.

M4's simply do not have the power to pen anything until you have Sniper level 7 to unlock 995 ammo.

I will mostly go for the head when i'm within 100m. Any further and i will leg people or go for lower abdomen shots unless they are standing still.

KillerOyster
15 hours ago, Zloymatros_RUS said:

SKS sometimes be good. Saiga is a kind of crap (for a strange reason), because I don't see any damage dealt to my enemies by this gun. But it was interesting to read, and it is very interesting to check out your CLG project:)

Saiga ? As in Saiga shotgun or are you refering to the Civilian version of the PP-19 ?

Edited by KillerOyster

KVAD_Borcyxa

@KillerOyster by the way they both are a kind of crap. Shotgun because there are some kind of troubles with damage registration on RUS servers, and its evil-twin "Unter-SMG" because shitty fire rate.
CLG in OP-post is a really interesting gun. Yesterday I tried it and I want some more 
P.S. Sorry for my english. It's a lil' bit difficult to write on a foreign language when you don't practice for so long.
P.S.S. Greetings from the RUS part of this forum

• Like 2

KillerOyster
11 minutes ago, Zloymatros_RUS said:

@KillerOyster by the way they both are a kind of crap. Shotgun because there are some kind of troubles with damage registration on RUS servers, and its evil-twin "Unter-SMG" because shitty fire rate.
CLG in OP-post is a really interesting gun. Yesterday I tried it and I want some more 
P.S. Sorry for my english. It's a lil' bit difficult to write on a foreign language when you don't practice for so long.
P.S.S. Greetings from the RUS part of this forum

No worries man , my English is not that good either and greetings to you too . About the Shotgun and especially the Saiga 12 , the damage is somewhat inconsistent , at times you one tap people but sometime it takes like two mags or more to take out an unamored opponent . I don't use the civilian PP-19 much so I can't comment about it much but the PP-19 Vityaz is amazing , high fire rate , no recoil  , laser beam accuracy but lacks the damage to deal with armored targets

KVAD_Borcyxa
28 минут назад, KillerOyster сказал:

but the PP-19 Vityaz is amazing , high fire rate , no recoil  , laser beam accuracy

Shhhh! Big Brother is watching you :D
Maybe I am wrong 'bout Saiga-12, because my last test was on MSK servers which rumored in bad damage registration. Anyway PP-19 Vityaz is a gun I would like to play again

KillerOyster
58 minutes ago, Zloymatros_RUS said:

Shhhh! Big Brother is watching you :D
Maybe I am wrong 'bout Saiga-12, because my last test was on MSK servers which rumored in bad damage registration. Anyway PP-19 Vityaz is a gun I would like to play again

lol , please don't the nerf the already weak PP-19 Vityaz almighty Nikita

beggarboy

@Zloymatros_RUS Don't worry about it too much, you're very welcome comrade.

vor 4 Stunden schrieb Zloymatros_RUS:

Thanks for the high praise and testing the gun out. Something I probably forgot to mention in the original post: Since the gun is 3x2 (or 2x2 if you're a recoil god) you have a much easier time shifting around corners in CQB because of barrel length. I just hopped into factory and fucked around for a good 30 minutes. I took a P226, the CLG and a 5x2 AK74N with me.

Out of the three, for that scenario I tested I wouldve picked the CLG I every time. When you dont have the guns side by side, you won't notice this unless you already have quite a few game hours on rifles. I tested a few things, moving around corners, time to ADS, engagement distance etc. And something else I ignored a bit at the start of the testing. 

The time it takes to get the barrel in the direction you're looking at. At first I dismissed this, but when I had the PP19 out (slightly away from the wall) and then pulled out the AK74N without changing my spot or mouse angle it's very clear. Of course it's obvious that a 5x2 gun is gonna have a lot more trouble in CQB than a 3x2 gun, but seeing in action how much of a difference that actually makes is remarkable.

@KillerOyster

I am not a fan of the Saiga 9 very much either, in my eyes it's the retarded little brother of the PP19.

The Saiga 12 on the other hand I could see being fun, if configured correctly. 

Edit: If you look at the official papers from Kalashnikov, the PP19 Vityaz is 122mm shorter than the Saiga 9.

chrome_2018-07-26_13-25-40.thumb.png.92c4fdf2953fb141c0f0d8ac0ee7a9ba.png

PP19 Vityaz from https://kalashnikov.com/en/product/firearms/mle/vityaz-sn.html

chrome_2018-07-26_13-26-54.thumb.png.ae8921da2a0be72535da17c1e5ce6a20.png

Saiga 9 (Civilian) from https://kalashnikov.com/en/product/firearms/civilian/saiga-9.html

Although the Saiga 9 has a better muzzle velocity due to the longer barrel, I find having the option of suppressive fire a lot more useful than single bullets that do a little bit more damage, if even.

Edited by beggarboy
Added Saiga 9 and PP19 Kalashnikov references
  • Like 1

KillerOyster
9 minutes ago, beggarboy said:

I am not a fan of the Saiga 9 very much either, in my eyes it's the retarded little brother of the PP19.

The Saiga 12 on the other hand I could see being fun, if configured correctly.

I really like the Saiga 12 but like I said on my comment above , it's very inconsistent to use . At times you could one tap people but then at times it takes like 2 to 3 mags to kill someone , it's so darn weird . But if modded correctly like you said , it could become a custom made handheld searchlight that could blind everyone in it's vicinity including yourself

eftballistics

Bullet damage does not depend on muzzle velocity in EFT. 

• Sad 1

beggarboy
vor 54 Minuten schrieb eftballistics:

Bullet damage does not depend on muzzle velocity in EFT. 

Bad choice of words. What I meant was more penetration. I am still used to other shooters where it ends up being the same thing.

eftballistics
Gerade eben schrieb beggarboy:

Bad choice of words. What I meant was more penetration. I am still used to other shooters where it ends up being the same thing.

It does not increase penetration (yet?). In all my tests the only thing it did change was, well, the actual velocity of the bullet. causing less bullet drop. Armor damage did not change based on changed muzzle velocity.

beggarboy
vor 3 Minuten schrieb eftballistics:

It does not increase penetration (yet?).

I don't think it ever will. However the increased muzzle velocity should prevent the ap value from dropping faster.

Did you ever do any tests in that direction?

eftballistics
vor 55 Minuten schrieb beggarboy:

I don't think it ever will. However the increased muzzle velocity should prevent the ap value from dropping faster.

Did you ever do any tests in that direction?

AP does not drop at any distance I have measured (up to 400 meters). However in versions from 2017, bullet damage would drop 5-30% depending on ammo at small distances. 

Morsigil

Since we're on the topic of ammunition.. Why choose 12g buckshot over slug? Or vice versa?

BARRICADE
1 hour ago, Morsigil said:

Since we're on the topic of ammunition.. Why choose 12g buckshot over slug? Or vice versa?

Head shot multiplier :)

and slugs have MASSIVE drop over 25m

• Thanks 1

KillerOyster
12 hours ago, Morsigil said:

Since both buckshots and slugs are incredibly unreliable when it comes to penetrating any type of soft armor , even the weakest soft armor like the 3M and most of the time you engage an enemy with a shotgun is around 25 meters (well for me atleast) , you'd better off using the buckshot so you could leg meta them .

KillerOyster
18 hours ago, beggarboy said:

If you look at the official papers from Kalashnikov, the PP19 Vityaz is 122mm shorter than the Saiga 9.

chrome_2018-07-26_13-25-40.thumb.png.92c4fdf2953fb141c0f0d8ac0ee7a9ba.png

PP19 Vityaz from https://kalashnikov.com/en/product/firearms/mle/vityaz-sn.html

chrome_2018-07-26_13-26-54.thumb.png.ae8921da2a0be72535da17c1e5ce6a20.png

Saiga 9 (Civilian) from https://kalashnikov.com/en/product/firearms/civilian/saiga-9.html

Although the Saiga 9 has a better muzzle velocity due to the longer barrel, I find having the option of suppressive fire a lot more useful than single bullets that do a little bit more damage, if even.

Well yeah , the Saiga 9 has a longer barrel giving the bullet more time to speed up would increase muzzle velocity and increase in range . But if we were to talk about reliability here I would strongly prefer the PP-19 Vityaz over the Saiga 9 too . The Saiga 9 might be a budget weapon at first cause not much people have armor early in the game but mid game and late game people would rock Fort armors , Fast MT helmets etc. , I would dump the Saiga 9 and replace it with the PP-19 Vityaz for the high fire rate and face hitbox people .

beggarboy

After taking the clg around with me for a bit I've come to the conclusion your best bet is laying down and going for the spray up the feet. Unarmored targets drop like flies. Even slightly longer ranges (customs) pose no problem for the gun, but to effectively drop enemies crouching or proning is your best bet. It creates a prime position for the gun where the recoil no longer affects your accuracy.

Which really isn't bad at all for a budget gun. I also recommend 2 - 3 mags instead of one extra mag + 30/60 shells in your rig, after having spent some more time with it. Having those extra extra mags puts your gunplay at ease and lets you focus on the combat since you don't have to worry about going through your bullets too quickly.