Jump to content
Talmer

Improvised Suppressors?

Improvised Suppressors?  

40 members have voted

  1. 1. Would you like to see Improvised Suppressors in Escape From Tarkov?

    • Yes
      27
    • No
      13


Recommended Posts

Talmer

Had an Idea, Maybe the option to create an improvised suppressor would be good in moderation? 

I think there would have to be limitations so not everyone has them, Maybe make one of the materials needed quite rare and only have the ability to create them as part of one of the in game skills.....

Whats everyone's thoughts?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TheTrainStation

Improvised cans are one thing. But there would be a distinct difference in both quality and durability between those and official cans. Don't expect to fire more than one or two mags with an improvised can.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Talmer
Just now, TheTrainStation said:

Improvised cans are one thing. But there would be a distinct difference in both quality and durability between those and official cans. Don't expect to fire more than one or two mags with an improvised can.

Sounds Perfect, the more realistic the better. :D

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alpha-30k

Yes, but flimsy compared to the real ones (obviously).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Talmer
7 hours ago, SilentOption said:

Yes, but flimsy compared to the real ones (obviously).

Yes, they should be louder than an actually suppressor but quieter than not using one at all. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TheSnikers

IMO there will be some different suppressors. Devs like to give us options in customisation. So don't worry, it all gonna be good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Chief86

Honestly I don't see this game as one that would need improvised suppressors.  Improvised suppressors feels more like a dayz the world is over and only a limited amount of supplies remain, kind of game, and this setting is more warzone survival (at least I hope that's how it plays out).  We don't need another dayz but a tactical (hopefully), teamwork driven shooter with survival elements is more what I believe the project goal is.  I feel to many survival games have gone overboard with certain elements that have retracted from exciting and driving gameplay.  It will be interesting to see the eventual finished product to see how the Dev's mesh the different aspects of the game together.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Talmer
4 hours ago, Chief86 said:

Honestly I don't see this game as one that would need improvised suppressors.  Improvised suppressors feels more like a dayz the world is over and only a limited amount of supplies remain, kind of game, and this setting is more warzone survival (at least I hope that's how it plays out).  We don't need another dayz but a tactical (hopefully), teamwork driven shooter with survival elements is more what I believe the project goal is.  I feel to many survival games have gone overboard with certain elements that have retracted from exciting and driving gameplay.  It will be interesting to see the eventual finished product to see how the Dev's mesh the different aspects of the game together.

Hi Chief,

I fully understand what your saying, thought that it might be a little something extra to add into the game. :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ayaku

I remember in a movie, I think it was Expendables 2, where a guy puts the gun into a bread, and just shoot it and it's silenced haha xDD
Only works one time tho.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Talmer
Just now, Ayaku said:

I remember in a movie, I think it was Expendables 2, where a guy puts the gun into a bread, and just shoot it and it's silenced haha xDD
Only works one time tho.

Haha, Or you could go walking dead style and have a flashlight (torch) for a suppressor xD

download.jpg.9e273953cd923d0a075889d750a7ktjZ.jpg.5e13988e3b03c84187f5a0fe4b148d

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
indyjons

At least a water bottle suppressor that will work for at least one shot, maybe more. Water bottle, Ducktape, and rags.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Talmer
6 hours ago, indyjons said:

At least a water bottle suppressor that will work for at least one shot, maybe more. Water bottle, Ducktape, and rags.

Rags?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sushi

If suppressors are common in-game with high level players, then being able to make crappy versions would make sense. I know historically Maglites and various metal containers could be made into suppressors with simple shop tools. Also this comes to mind:

 

It survives an SBR AK on selective fire.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
indyjons
12 hours ago, Talmer said:

Rags?

Well, if you want to silence a bell, you put something inside it. Put rags inside the bottle to help dissipate the gases and absorb sound. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Talmer

Fair enough, but how would you stop the rags from getting in the way of the bullet when firing?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Europoor
3 hours ago, Talmer said:

Fair enough, but how would you stop the rags from getting in the way of the bullet when firing?

First 1-2 shots are penetrating shots. This gives enough space for the bullet to leave. Still a terrible idea though, with the whole improvised supressor misery. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...
b38e7c858218a416ef714554dce933a2