Talmer

Improvised Suppressors?

Improvised Suppressors?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see Improvised Suppressors in Escape From Tarkov?

• Yes
    • No

Talmer

Had an Idea, Maybe the option to create an improvised suppressor would be good in moderation? 

I think there would have to be limitations so not everyone has them, Maybe make one of the materials needed quite rare and only have the ability to create them as part of one of the in game skills.....

Whats everyone's thoughts?

TheTrainStation

Improvised cans are one thing. But there would be a distinct difference in both quality and durability between those and official cans. Don't expect to fire more than one or two mags with an improvised can.

Talmer
Just now, TheTrainStation said:

Improvised cans are one thing. But there would be a distinct difference in both quality and durability between those and official cans. Don't expect to fire more than one or two mags with an improvised can.

Sounds Perfect, the more realistic the better. :D

• Upvote 1

Alpha-30k

Yes, but flimsy compared to the real ones (obviously).

Talmer
7 hours ago, SilentOption said:

Yes, but flimsy compared to the real ones (obviously).

Yes, they should be louder than an actually suppressor but quieter than not using one at all. 

TheSnikers

IMO there will be some different suppressors. Devs like to give us options in customisation. So don't worry, it all gonna be good.

Chief86

Honestly I don't see this game as one that would need improvised suppressors.  Improvised suppressors feels more like a dayz the world is over and only a limited amount of supplies remain, kind of game, and this setting is more warzone survival (at least I hope that's how it plays out).  We don't need another dayz but a tactical (hopefully), teamwork driven shooter with survival elements is more what I believe the project goal is.  I feel to many survival games have gone overboard with certain elements that have retracted from exciting and driving gameplay.  It will be interesting to see the eventual finished product to see how the Dev's mesh the different aspects of the game together.

• Upvote 1

Talmer
4 hours ago, Chief86 said:

Honestly I don't see this game as one that would need improvised suppressors.  Improvised suppressors feels more like a dayz the world is over and only a limited amount of supplies remain, kind of game, and this setting is more warzone survival (at least I hope that's how it plays out).  We don't need another dayz but a tactical (hopefully), teamwork driven shooter with survival elements is more what I believe the project goal is.  I feel to many survival games have gone overboard with certain elements that have retracted from exciting and driving gameplay.  It will be interesting to see the eventual finished product to see how the Dev's mesh the different aspects of the game together.

Hi Chief,

I fully understand what your saying, thought that it might be a little something extra to add into the game. :D

Ayaku

I remember in a movie, I think it was Expendables 2, where a guy puts the gun into a bread, and just shoot it and it's silenced haha xDD
Only works one time tho.

Talmer
Just now, Ayaku said:

I remember in a movie, I think it was Expendables 2, where a guy puts the gun into a bread, and just shoot it and it's silenced haha xDD
Only works one time tho.

Haha, Or you could go walking dead style and have a flashlight (torch) for a suppressor xD

download.jpg.9e273953cd923d0a075889d750a7ktjZ.jpg.5e13988e3b03c84187f5a0fe4b148d

indyjons

At least a water bottle suppressor that will work for at least one shot, maybe more. Water bottle, Ducktape, and rags.

Talmer
6 hours ago, indyjons said:

At least a water bottle suppressor that will work for at least one shot, maybe more. Water bottle, Ducktape, and rags.

Rags?

Sushi

If suppressors are common in-game with high level players, then being able to make crappy versions would make sense. I know historically Maglites and various metal containers could be made into suppressors with simple shop tools. Also this comes to mind:

It survives an SBR AK on selective fire.

indyjons
12 hours ago, Talmer said:

Rags?

Well, if you want to silence a bell, you put something inside it. Put rags inside the bottle to help dissipate the gases and absorb sound. 

Talmer

Fair enough, but how would you stop the rags from getting in the way of the bullet when firing?

Europoor
3 hours ago, Talmer said:

Fair enough, but how would you stop the rags from getting in the way of the bullet when firing?

First 1-2 shots are penetrating shots. This gives enough space for the bullet to leave. Still a terrible idea though, with the whole improvised supressor misery.