ForkyForklift

Scav on Scav violence

ForkyForklift

Please, please punish these players. Its been too often now. I join as a Scav, hoping to team up with some AI and over Scav players to massacre the bear and usec players. What happens? You turn your back once and get shot in the backhead.

This is not how it should be!

8 out of 10 Games other Scav players run Amok.

A punishment could be to loose all stuff from the raid, or at least make them pay a toll to keep the items. please. Im so frustrated at the moment

Edited by ForkyForklift
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

Shadow2611

Do what you have to to survive. Expecting the Devs to change the game because of a betrayal is stupid.  They already have a fix for this. Group, make one and your less likely to be betrayed.  Most people play scav to stay hidden from the AI. Oh btw even in a group you can still die by friendly fire, almost like its supposed to be realistic

• Upvote 1

keyciraptor

it seems like you dont get the "scav" point, for what they stay, what exactly they are. They are people with NO RULES, they are literally no friends with no one and will use every chance to have a better life, that includes to use you in certain moment (you watch out, meanwhile he loots) but he will shoot you in the best next moment to loot you, too. Its not like a bug or a fail of the gameplay, this is how it MUST be. No rules, no binding as scav.

Dont forget that you already will be punished later when you kill your members (usec killing usec or bear killing bear) they are in groups, they have bindings, they have to obey some certain rules, this is logic.

But want to punish a solo scav that doesnt care about a single other scav cause there is already no group, no bindings no honor in theyr doing... seems like a real fail of the game.

Edited by keyciraptor
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Hallith

Why do the  ai scavs not shoot you on sight, or each other? Same team. Make it where they cant choose to be scavs for an extra amount of time, or the ai scavs will immediately shoot the bad scav as soon as they see him instead of when he kills someone.

kaktus050

Even bandits has some rules. Life of solitary scav is short, so they gather in groups. If you are in group of bandits which control some teritory and suddenly shoot your friend in head, you are stupid as f..., you are just stupid. 

So i agree. This behavior should be punish. If you as scav kill another scav, the whole raid rewards should be treated as offline. No loot, no experience, no skills. If there is no point to kill scav, this will be rarley accidents. 

TechoverMana
14 hours ago, kaktus050 said:

This behavior should be punish.

I figure the punishment would just be the other scavs just turn on you. If you manage to kill someone and either sneak or kill your way out, I don't see why some magical fairy should come by and swipe your stuff. Just have the scavs turn on you and shoot you for shooting them and maybe kill you.

Enchalada

:sccry: When will the MADNESS stop! 

Time_X
On 8/1/2018 at 11:33 AM, ForkyForklift said:

A punishment could be to loose all stuff from the raid, or at least make them pay a toll to keep the items. please. Im so frustrated at the moment

Honestly I think more importantly is to stop punishing you from defending yourself against hostile player scavs. So many times I'm cooperating with the scavs and then after a botched attempt on my life by a player scav, they all go hostile.

• Upvote 1

Scholar

Wiggle...if you're solo..wiggle...90 percent of the time we both extract.  I love scav on scav violence however.  By the time I get in as a scav there are basically no pmc's to be found anywhere..so scav on violence is what goes down...I like it...but try the wiggle

minigunofquake

how about "grouping" with other players, as sort of a contract, so if other player agreed to group with you and then shoots you he will be punished by not being able to play as SCAV for 24 hours or so, or maybe when he shoots you he gets 50% of that damage himself

• Upvote 1

the_RedDuke

Love the chaotic uncertainty of the raids. Scav on scav violence surely plays a part in that.

Edited by the_RedDuke

smokey-phil

Easy quick fix for this one 

Voip - voice over internet protocol or that thing you can use to scream ill-advised insults at teenagers in another country.

Once some form of actual communication is involved people will slow down on the kos stuff if there is a way of talking about stuff without needing line of sight (currently there is the Y menu which if you don't speak Russian (or English for that matter for usec)  its kinda pointless as you need to see someone to see if they will respond to your thumbs up at which point they have already shot you.) 

You will of course come across people who will double cross and play the long con but then again this is a "role" playing game. Dickhead scav is a great role for tarkov. But the problem right now is its just safer to kill a player as they are unpredictable and without being able to actually communicate vocally kinda useless to keep them around unless you wanna play with one eye on them at all times. which gives rise to the kill on sight thing that happens normally as someone wiggles at me i think "oh god as soon as the wiggling stops that rifle is coming up at my head he's just doing this to get a look at my bag or to see if my vepr has the stock"  and by that point i've already started dumping the mag into the upper chest take whatever they had and scoot scoot scoot as now we are playing with pmc rules and i'm 23 mins away from the end of a match so there are gonna be a fair few unkilled scavs left over and more spawning in every few mins.

• Like 1

Faolan_Hound

Honestly.... I get people want loot, but they will shoot you even if you don´t have any and it completely ruins the game as a SCAV. It is supposed to be realistic as possible... if you kill comrades nobody will work with you... even among thieves and murderers. Gangs and mafia have their own rules, but they have rules.

I loved playing the customs at night as a scav... lots of PMCs, lots of SCAVs you could join and cooperate with at construction site or old gas station and no player SCAVs acting like kindergarden kids ruining whole experience. It was the only part of game I really enjoyed every single time (after thinking about quitting for a first week, this was only thing that actually made me give it another chance). Now they added boss and new loots spawn on the Customs so even this one is unplayable. I had 16 exfils streak even after a wipe, but even when some scav tries to kill me, I finish him and manage to extract... it simply just makes me p!..ed.

Main problem of Tarkov right now is not the netcode or bugs in the game (those are big problems, but not worst one)... its the playerbase straight out of the COD with mentality of 12 year old kids.

Karma system will fix this for PMCs, but as many stated already... scavs need some kind of penalty for friendly kills... surely not instant death or loosing gear... BUT setting Scav-timer to 6 hours instead of 15 minutes would be nice. I mean if I saw a scav with m4 I would think about killing him... but you need some counterweight that would actually made you think about pros and cons... Is it worth the risk? Is it worth the time? Maybe I should just go with him for extract and wait for players to kill him along the way... And the other guys would be paranoid as hell too because he knows he has some nice juice on him and your are following him.

Edited by Hummz21
offense removed
  • Upvote 1

BESK

I would like to see some "reputation value". If you kill your fellow scav often you should get a reputation that makes the other scavs hostile from the beginning.

If its ok to go scav on scav, why not add  AI-scav team kills as well? Since thats what you are thinking?

iGoodLifeNL

Scavengers are civilians who stayed in the mayhem , which means they do not have any faction, and they are free to do what ever is needed to survive.

Never trust anyone in Tarkov 

headbanger203

Another post about scav on scav violence, we've had more of these than we've had updates for the game at this point...

You're a scav, a scumbag who has decided that killing to get ahead is no problem for them morally, a scav killing a scav is normal as it is what their society is to them. Just spot the signs of player scavs and kill them before they kill you, safest way to play currently... 

BESK

If its the new normal between scavs to kill each other, why does the other scavs react with trying to kill you (when playing as scav)? They shouldnt even care since its a normal state "nowdays".

Faolan_Hound
On 8/6/2018 at 8:32 PM, iGoodLifeNL said:

Scavengers are civilians who stayed in the mayhem , which means they do not have any faction, and they are free to do what ever is needed to survive.

This however pretty much contradicts "realism" promise Tarkov and its creator made with the game. If you spend five minutes researching behaviour in scenarious like this... its completely wrong. Also going trouch Skier questline... no the are not without factions... they are gangs... they work in groups and even gangs don´t tolerate killing each other without reason.

Another problem is that it further ruins the experience from the game further pushing many people away from it.

Its ok to make a mistake... its not ok to don´t admit I made one. It would be nice to focus more on game stability and game mechanics instead of additional loot a gear (most player wont use anyway) with the next patches.

beddamischia

The game still misses elements like bosses and other factions to fully balance scav experience, but scav violence will ALWAYS be tolerated since violence is the whole point of this game. If you can't stand it then I suggest you go play team deathmatch on csgo or bf or whatever. I never had this kind of problems, player scavs are very different behaviourally and you just need to keep an eye on them and never turning your back, just the opposite of what you yourself admitted to do regularly

Faolan_Hound
48 minutes ago, beddamischia said:

But scav violence will ALWAYS be tolerated since violence is the whole point of this game.

Nobody wants to turn off the friendly fire in the game. What he is saying is that there should be some mechanics to limit behaviours that turn this game into better looking PUBG. Of course cant really trust anyone you don´t know personaly, but without the voice chat... game is simply deathmatch on both PMC and SCAV factions right now. Also point of the game (and selling point also) is not mindless violence, but realism so taking steps to motivate players to role play more is a good idea.

His solutions might be wrong but the point is not. Right now game DRASTICALLY misses some kind of VOIP and mechanics that would stop simple griefing because no city in history of mankind was filled with people acting like 12 year old internet trolls... witk AK rifles (and that is Tarkov playerbase right now).

siNr

It's frustrating yes. Scavenging could be used way better by some, if they would team up against PMC's, but don't forget that it is a risk free way of earning gear and cash. I usually try to wiggle another player scav before burning his ass, but usually if it moves, it dies. Been backstabbed too much to trust anyone in this game, and I'm guessing that's how these players feel as well. Death to others for own personal gain, that's Tarkov for ya lol!

TrueTurquoise

But I like betraying people. 

• Like 1

TechoverMana

Why not just ask devs to turn friendly fire off to solve it instead of this convoluted garbage?

chevylarue
On 8/6/2018 at 5:32 AM, iGoodLifeNL said:

Yet there supposed to be a Karma system surrounding scavs.... pfffft alright then. Makes sense. BSG made their own bed with the player scav issue. Me personally, I rogue every scav run because there’s no trust with no VOIP. Until then RUN RAMPANT! 

beddamischia
44 minutes ago, Faolan_Hound said:

Nobody wants to turn off the friendly fire in the game. What he is saying is that there should be some mechanics to limit behaviours that turn this game into better looking PUBG. Of course cant really trust anyone you don´t know personaly, but without the voice chat... game is simply deathmatch on both PMC and SCAV factions right now. Also point of the game (and selling point also) is not mindless violence, but realism so taking steps to motivate players to role play more is a good idea.

His solutions might be wrong but the point is not. Right now game DRASTICALLY misses some kind of VOIP and mechanics that would stop simple griefing because no city in history of mankind was filled with people acting like 12 year old internet trolls... witk AK rifles (and that is Tarkov playerbase right now).

Yeah, mechanics like VOIP which would tone down the mindless slaughters are still missing too, yet it still it won't change the fact that player scavs are both rich in loot and dangerous to keep around alive, so killing them out of the blue will always be a reasonable choice in most situations

Edited by beddamischia