DrStone

Nikita Notice Me Senpai

DrStone

Here is a couple ideas that I think will improve gameplay and the longevity of the game

Armor / Fort Armor

So this is one of the most annoying aspects of the game right now for me. I have plenty of footage of me just unloading a storm of bullets at someone in fort armor and they just eat the rounds like nothing happened and many more examples of that on internet. I know the Dev's have acknowledged it was an issue but I don't know what they are planning on doing to fix it. Because currently people are playing the game in a sort of Call Of Duty fashion just sprinting around waiting to get shot at knowing they will probably live and kill the person that shot at them. Plus all the armor in the game basically makes pistols and smg's useless and you are at an extreme disadvantage if you use them. And that there would be a crying shame because I love pistols, makes me feel like solid snake.

If you are going to have strong plate armor that's easily available in the game for it not to be game breaking and turn the game in to bullet sponge simulator I believe you need to make the hit boxes for the armor VERY SPECIFIC. Or it is already is like that and I am just ignorant of it.

2002762175_FORT_armor2.png.aadc24bc1e0b5761395e2bbcd459aee9.png

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

More Lethal Hitboxes 

A game that has reallllyyy good hitboxes is the Red Orchestra and Rising Storm games. You can instantly kill someone with a head, spine, heart or nut shot. I think tarkov needs these (maybe not the nut instakill) to make it less of a bullet sponge simulator. Because there has been plenty of times when I shoot a hatchling and he tanks 4 rounds without armor or even more if I am using a pistol caliber. 

2015417906_2018-07-3008-29(0).thumb.png.f96ecc8e272b8140b1a0fc8a3c021255.png  

Because this is just silly 

2018-04-2712-40_58.9_1.7_64.8_0.0_1.0_-0.1_0.1_0.png.8c0bcd9918529fbb15cf72a7ba414918.png

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Resetting Talents Upon Death (AKA Curing The Hatchling Scourge) 

W5lEYdtpe1c.jpg.89c1faed626640a9ddd9dede6c407bb7.thumb.jpg.bcd5120f1b149295785a528948715a6e.jpg

The talents are a good addition to the game however, when someone is high level the Vitality skill is a little ridiculous sometimes. Besides that when I am high level I don't really feel any character value and its a bit dull. BUTTT... If you guys made it so you lost skills upon death people would value their character and not just the gear they are carrying.  Hopefully reducing the hachling scourge at the same time. For balance you would need to increase the talent XP you gain per raid exponentially. Also making the quests that have to do with players skills less of a grind and more skill based. 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Weapons Sling / Fast Draw

Just like when you double tap R to reload magazines faster but you drop them I think the same should apply to switching to your pistol. 

So If you double tap 1 you drop your primary weapon completely and fast draw your pistol. Also add the ability to attach a sling to your main gun and instead of dropping it to the ground it just hangs on your chest. I imagine that wouldn't be easy to animate this but it would very cool and make pistols more viable.

< Example > https://streamable.com/ydnf8 < Example >

https://imgur.com/a/8WAzp5s

added 2 different link encase one doesn't work

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Should Not Be Able To Heal 100% In Raid

Shooting someone just for them to run away and heal them selves back up to 100% is super lame and unrealistic in my opinion. If one of your body parts gets damaged below 70% you should only be able to heal that limb up to 70%. Then when you get out of raid you can get full healing from the therapist. 

therapist_icon.png.90f1f2ad1a19a032324d82625480f1a0.png

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Being Able Switch Easily From The Insurance Screen Or The Lobby To Your Stash

There has been many times where I was in a lobby with my friends and I forgot something like water or meds so I have to back all the way out get the items and go back to the right raid lobby then get invited again. Its not a big deal but it would be nice if there was a arrow or character button on the lolly screen where you could quickly add items to your character without having to leave the lobby.

< example > https://streamable.com/3x205 < example >

https://imgur.com/a/HXF3EBn

Guild Bank

So if you any of you have played World Of Warcraft there is a system in the game called a guild bank. Members of the same guild or clan can drop items in the bank and other members can take out items at will. The leader of the guild and also set stipulations on the kind of loot people can take and give members permissions to take higher grade equipment. I think it would be cool but it could also be abused and used as extra item storage. Just a cool idea to  think about. 

7681.thumb.jpg.ac17e9661e418d54fb7da415806cf35d.jpg

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Animations/RagDolls

The guns in EFT are amazing I don't think there has ever been a game this detailed in its gun sounds and design. Extremely good work on that part of the game. But the 3rd person player animations are stiff and don't look very good, at least in my eyes. I am sure the Dev's know this and want to improve them. I think I remember Nikita saying something on a podcast somewhere along those lines about animations. So hopefully in the not to distant future they will rework the player animations. Also the rag-doll physics are not very satisfying, when you shoot someone they look as if they a marionette and someone cut the strings. 

EFT Rag-Doll example > https://streamable.com/c706s < EFT Rag-Doll example

https://imgur.com/a/yiCI6sQ

Compared with RO2, I think this game has the best rag-doll physics. They feel as they have weight and are affected by the bullet. 

https://i.gifer.com/IqlB.mp4

GwLW.gif

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Plate Carriers

866127867_Screenshot(224).thumb.png.813fb17d6d29cf06a64f4b72965ee0aa.png

Quick thing I forgot to mention in the armor section in the beginning. Stacking armor is really frustrating design choice. Being able to put on level 6 Fort armor then put on a tactical rig on top of that and that rig has level 3 armor as well just makes no sense to me in a where people already take a ton of bullets to kill. If you have a tactical vest that has a armor plate in it, it should also take up your armor spot. You could also make it so that you could buy different plates in the vest and have rag man sell a variety of different plates. 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Traders Loot And Game Longevity 

I have hit max level or near it 2 wipes now and the same thing happens each time to my friends and I. We lose interest in the game. Not because the game is not fun or bad, it is obviously not. It's because when you get to that level you most likely have everything unlocked for the traders and a metric ass ton of money. Your gear doesn't really matter as much anymore. I remember the last patch at max level seeing AK and M4's and really just not caring to pick them up. You can get the perfect gun/set up every time from the traders before you go into raid and endgame can get boring. It also forces people to always buy comtacs and armor and creates this gear meta in a way, because if you don't have this certain set of gear then you are at a disadvantage. Plus I don't think wipes will be a feature in the full game so players who are new to the game are going to get ravaged by max level players with the crazy gear and pools of money. Instead, I think the traders should play a less critical role than they do. You should have to find almost everything and slowly build your gun through parts you find in raid and not just buy them all. This also encourages exploring the whole map and not just the hot spots and choke points. Battlestate has also shown a really cool gun jamming mechanic in the game. But if all the guns are brand new from the traders then I don't see that game mechanic being very relevant. Unless players are forced to use damaged parts they find in raid and have to make due with what you got, adds more of a survival aspect to the game. It would also add more relevancy to pistols and pump shotguns and bolt actions because right now everyone is running around with m4's and AK's, almost always. Plus almost all guns/gun parts will be useless to sell on the flee market if you can just buy them all from the traders. Instead of being how they currently are the traders should be dynamic and have different items every time and quests shouldn't unlock you new gear in the traders they should just give you cool items for completing the quest. So people don't feel the need to grind quests.

I think less buying and relying on trader and more emphasis on looting with add longevity to the game especially at the higher levels.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

TerraGroup ScavBoss Equivalent 

I think it would be "VERY NICE" if there was some TerraGroup spec ops units that spawn on some maps that are decked out with Nato equipment and they could be doing TerraGroup stuff and be a very hard enemy to fight. 

saf-sotf-small.jpg.e9987a15ab0c126d1c5067bf2dc4958b.jpg

steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.jpg.219c11257e2ae0bca3f06f6dce72581e.jpg

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

More Survival Clothes And Gear

I like the tactical military gear. ( I wanna look like that plz gib )

c_7_1920x1200.thumb.jpg.e0bb97057bfb4575b96fb1f2894cccfb.jpg

But I would like to see more rag tag gear and clothes with more of a survival feeling. 

e287473318fe2ec49989322f8a254bcb.jpg.f97e6443f40e864e8d4970f599011e25.thumb.jpg.80ff752aacffed677128b72c9a5ca826.jpg

resting__s_t_a_l_k_e_r__cosplay__by_drjorus-db2206f.thumb.jpg.90ee9fa413cf289a6ba81fb4759f27e2.jpg

dsgs.jpg.5bbfc76ecf3f8a1504c6a1a0c720f5a6.jpg

Nikita Notice Me Senpai

Untitled-1.png.0c85e257ac4cd2a073c78933c8fb2e36.png

• Like 7
  • Hot 4
  • Upvote 2

Mucky

As far as armor is concerned 7.62x25 Tokarev should be much better at defeating soft body armor than it currently is. There's even AP 9x19 out there in the world, maybe add that to the game. Fort armor should not be the Iron Man suit it currently is. I shot a guy 45 times with what is essetially 7N6 5.45x39 and he just soaked it all up. Yeah, it's not AP, but goddamn. The meta shouldn't be "aim for the legs". Hitboxes desperately need some work, but if I get one tapped in the chest wearing armor I want a notification after the raid that I got blasted in the heart.

Resetting player skill XP upon death would be nice, too. It would make me really scared to die beyond just losing my gear, my skills would be gone as well. Would make me poo my pants if I were in any real danger. Discouraging hatchling runs is always good.

The TerraGroup operators would be sick and doubleing up on plate carriers is indeed dumb as duck.

A legit good post. I agree with pretty much everything here.

• Like 2

Waffles456

A lot of what you are trying to suggest is already going to be in the final game, they did a Q&A not to long ago that talked about a lot of them. (link at bottom)

Armor is going to be different, you'll have different plate carriers and have to repair/change the plates themselves and only the armored parts will protect you, so the arm covers on fort won't be the same as the main plate in it. Right now they just keep changing the armor to find how they like the damage resistance and stuff and it'll slowly get more complex.

They are also planning on add lots more cosmetics, including faces, they just are focusing on more important stuff. So hopefully some of those new cosmetics will be more tactical clothing.    "This is a cosmetic feature. We would like to finish it faster as well, but if we would choose between more content or more fixes, we would definitely choose fixes. Although we have already finished a lot of tops and bottoms so most likely we will add customization in 2 patches. In other words, you will be able to buy new torso clothing and new leg clothing so you character can look more badass."

They said being unable to heal limbs back to %100 is "Definitely a hardcore feature, but no necessity to implement it right now."

About more realistic ragdoll "Ragdoll is fully Unity’s feature. Right now we are fixing such issues as body shaking and limb stretching when being hit."

What they said about clans (guild bank) "Do not expect clan system anytime soon, because there have to be a lot more done before we make it. The system itself we plan to develop like this: It will be hierarchical, there will be a Clan Leader, Sales Representative, Deputy, everyone will have his own field of responsibility; there will be Clan Stash where you can change gear; maybe there will be clan quest system; rating."

Now resetting skills on death is a bad idea and goes against what they want this game to be, it's supposed to be more of a fps mmo, not a survival game. You'll start with only one map and slowly unlock more and once you unlock all of them you'll get free roam, and you're supposed to slowly level up and get better. There may be some penalties for dying but not a full wipe of your levels, especially when some of the quest are entirely about killing other pmc's.

Guns and loot will be a lot rarer too, they are going to go for more of a barter system where you need to trade rare items that you find for guns rather then always being able to be bought for money

New animation are coming too, there is going to be animations for everything from drinking water, eating food, using meds, picking locks, everything.

Hopefully this was helpful and here is a link to the translated Q&A https://www.reddit.com/r/EscapefromTarkov/comments/93oor5/podcast_qa_with_mr_nikita_buyanov_coo_of/ not everything is in this one but a lot of stuff is covered in it.

Edited by Austindj3
added Q&A link
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

fankk

Yeah bulk of this was already suggested or is already planned. Like the armor plates and armor specific hit boxes.

DrStone
6 minutes ago, fankk said:

Yeah bulk of this was already suggested or is already planned. Like the armor plates and armor specific hit boxes.

Yus I am glad to hear it!

DrStone
13 minutes ago, Austindj3 said:

Hopefully this was helpful and here is a link to the translated

It very much was thanks for the detailed reply. 

minigunofquake
22 hours ago, DrStone said:

Battlestate has also shown a really cool gun jamming mechanic in the game. But if all the guns are brand new from the traders then I don't see that game mechanic being very relevant.

why not have traders similar how they are in S.T.A.L.K.E.R., usually there are not much to buy or its so expensive you would be better off to find the gun elswhere then earn money and buy it from trader

or how about decreasing amount of guns on the level by x10 times, and increase amount of other stuff that can be sold, so that way you go in raid just to get stuff to sell it and then you can buy actual guns, or how about having traders to tonly sell parts for guns instead of whole guns, and there is no way to buy complete set of parts from a trader, so you can only buy gun parts that are offten gets broken

22 hours ago, DrStone said:

I love pistols, makes me feel like solid snake

or John Wick or Hitman or Clint Eastwood

Edited by minigunofquake

Made Man

Something else to add to this thread is exclusive items tied to the faction alone. Simplest terms would be Western-firearms to be sold only by faction-specific traders for USEC. Same goes for BEAR. It feels odd having a Russian trader selling to TerraGroup PMC's who did illegal activities in their country and are obviously covering up corruption and God knows what else.

RainmakerM4

I think stacking of 25 layers of armor is cancer. That needs to change. We need to be able to buy armor plates ourselves and put it in our plate carriers like AVS, Black Rock etc. But not in the chest rigs like WT rig. With chest rigs you would expect us to use soft body armor underneath like Paca etc.

Also the face shield stuff needs to change. That thing is ridiculous. Nobody is using that stuff in real life. It feels stupid in the game when you can't hit someone through a riot face shield with a rifle caliber.

Also movement in these heavy body armors like Fort is WAAAAAAAAAAAAY to fast and nimble at the moment.

P.S. Good thread

Edited by RainmakerM4

Waffles456
2 hours ago, RainmakerM4 said:

I think stacking of 25 layers of armor is cancer. That needs to change. 

I'me very confused as to what you are talking about with stacking armor. At most you can have two layers of armor (vest+chestrig) but they've already talked about how this will change in the future, the game is still in beta and it's going to change a lot before release 

3 hours ago, RainmakerM4 said:

Also the face shield stuff needs to change. That thing is ridiculous. Nobody is using that stuff in real life. It feels stupid in the game when you can't hit someone through a riot face shield with a rifle caliber.

Right now the face shields are wayyy to strong, but people do actually use them in real life. Not much in military for many reasons, some being its harder to do stuff when wearing a helmet with full face protection and it would also cost a lot to add that to every soldier. They are more prevalent with Police and Counter Terrorism Units, put most are not designed to stop high powered rifle rounds like the ones in game.

OneTrueLizardo

What are you one about ragdolls? When you get shot in your CNS your whole body shuts down.

If you've ever put a cattle gun in a reindeers or cows brain, you know what I'm talking about. Or seen any videos where someone dies from a CNS shot. First game to be even remotely realistic on that regard. None of that action movie jumping and flying death animations please.

DrStone
On 8/5/2018 at 2:23 PM, OneTrueLizardo said:

What are you one about ragdolls? When you get shot in your CNS your whole body shuts down.

If you've ever put a cattle gun in a reindeers or cows brain, you know what I'm talking about. Or seen any videos where someone dies from a CNS shot. First game to be even remotely realistic on that regard. None of that action movie jumping and flying death animations please.

Currently it looks like someone cut the strings on a puppet when you get shot. Just compare RO2, RS and RS2 to Tarkov and you will get what I am saying, and if you still don't agree then we just disagree my friend. 

deathopz

I know people are giving crap to armour itself, though in real life armour can and does work lookup demolition ranch on youtube he shoots various calibers at helmets and various classes of body armour plates, you'll be supprised at how much it takes to get through some of those plates even stuff people make and send to him. Though he eventually gets to 7.62 and 5.56 rounds shot from ak47 and ar15 they do tear through low class armor easily however you said fort which is atleast class 6 that is tough for even those two rounds to get through in one shot you'd have to shoot the exact spot alot of times to get through. 

I did some research and found that level 4 armour plate is more than enough to stop 5.56 and 7.62 rounds of course not tested with ap rounds which are avalible in game, but it is tested with. .30 ap rounds at lv4.

Level 4+ is classified as "special" so info isn't really disclosed from the NIJ specifications meaning probably 5 and up are military grade only and civilians aren't to have it. 

Posted source material below. 

Screenshot_20180807-122858.png

Edited by deathopz

DrStone
On 8/7/2018 at 10:31 AM, deathopz said:

I know people are giving crap to armour itself, though in real life armour can and does work lookup demolition ranch on youtube he shoots various calibers at helmets and various classes of body armour plates, you'll be supprised at how much it takes to get through some of those plates

I understand but I said If you are going to have strong plate armor that's easily available in the game for it not to be game breaking and turn the game in to bullet sponge simulator I believe you need to make the hit boxes for the armor VERY SPECIFIC or make armor harder to get at least. 

HUMASSA

ppl need to die , bullets are made to unbalance the whole thing , if u take a shot in the spine head or heart ,...YOURRRRRRRRRRRRR OUT

I CAME HERE TO KILL THINGS , in a realistic way , not sponges:o

• Like 1

stAKato
On 8/7/2018 at 7:31 PM, deathopz said:

I know people are giving crap to armour itself, though in real life armour can and does work lookup demolition ranch on youtube he shoots various calibers at helmets and various classes of body armour plates, you'll be supprised at how much it takes to get through some of those plates even stuff people make and send to him. Though he eventually gets to 7.62 and 5.56 rounds shot from ak47 and ar15 they do tear through low class armor easily however you said fort which is atleast class 6 that is tough for even those two rounds to get through in one shot you'd have to shoot the exact spot alot of times to get through. 

I did some research and found that level 4 armour plate is more than enough to stop 5.56 and 7.62 rounds of course not tested with ap rounds which are avalible in game, but it is tested with. .30 ap rounds at lv4.

Level 4+ is classified as "special" so info isn't really disclosed from the NIJ specifications meaning probably 5 and up are military grade only and civilians aren't to have it. 

Posted source material below. 

Screenshot_20180807-122858.png

It's all about energy. Level 4 has about 4000 joules resistance.

DrStone
On 1/22/2019 at 4:25 PM, HUMASSA said:

ppl need to die , bullets are made to unbalance the whole thing , if u take a shot in the spine head or heart ,...YOURRRRRRRRRRRRR OUT

I CAME HERE TO KILL THINGS , in a realistic way , not sponges:o

Hell yeah brother KKona. But seriously if they can mimic the way RS2 feels when you shoot someone it be 100x more satisfying.