Nabors

Potential squad system addition

Nabors

My brother recently decided to purchase EFT so he could run raids along side me instead of spectate and he mentioned some ideas to me that seem very fitting for the game. He noticed that the cursor appears when looking at items in game and said to me "I wish it would appear when you look at a teammate. I still don't know how to tell who is in my squad until I've already shot at them." I also believe that if there was a mechanic that would bring the white dot cursor up when aiming at someone you have created a squad with it could really help players form teams as randoms and also help inexperienced players avoid team killing. He also mentioned the idea to have voice commands be displayed in text somewhere off center of the screen so that if for example, your teammate says "Out of ammo" you as his squad member can see this voice command as text to know that the voice command was used by your squad member and not another player.                                   Please feel free to add your input on these suggestions because they both struck me as two possible steps to furthering the possibilities of squads being formed and maintained in-game without having to use some other program to communicate.

Sirrah
5 minutes ago, Nabors said:

I also believe that if there was a mechanic that would bring the white dot cursor up when aiming at someone you have created a squad with it could really help players form teams as randoms and also help inexperienced players avoid team killing.

Voice over IP is coming at some point so that should solve that problem.

6 minutes ago, Nabors said:

He also mentioned the idea to have voice commands be displayed in text somewhere off center of the screen so that if for example, your teammate says "Out of ammo" you as his squad member can see this voice command as text to know that the voice command was used by your squad member and not another player

I don't think it should happen is this way, more so if you all have a pair of comtacs in your party and your mate yells something like "Out of ammo" like you said, it would say it into the comtacs for everyone in your party to hear on the other end. But I think this is something that is also confirmed? Maybe wrong though.

Nabors
2 hours ago, Sirrah said:

Voice over IP is coming at some point so that should solve that problem.

I don't think it should happen is this way, more so if you all have a pair of comtacs in your party and your mate yells something like "Out of ammo" like you said, it would say it into the comtacs for everyone in your party to hear on the other end. But I think this is something that is also confirmed? Maybe wrong though.

The headset idea actually sounds more than perfect. I hope that this is a confirmed feature as squad play is currently very limited unless you use some other program like Discord.