TarkovEscaper

AK-74

snoggatog
12 hours ago, Undecieved07 said:

The only suppressor used for the gun is the TBA-XX something , it doesn't spawn in the game and is not sold.

it did spawn on the guns last patch but they fixed it.

why tho?

Black1

Great work.  Love the game.  

vampy

i love the ak

KarlDraigo

huh, interesting, I know the weapon I'm going to go for (and maybe use other weapon parts to change it up a bit into something cool)

CosmicSilenceTv

Looks great!

ivyno

Hope to see ak12 and ak47 and why notre ak in 5.56

Anyway Nice job !

Triji

Any plans for more rails and zenitco furniture? The stock. And maybe a B-30.  Pretty much add all of the zenitco stuff actually lol.

002-3-convert-660x440.jpg

Edited by Triji

TinkeringTurian
On 1/6/2017 at 10:06 PM, Xemlaer said:

I have a question: where do you get the standard (not carbine) Versions of the Ak? I only got one from a player once, never seen it as loot or in the shop.

The Russian arms vendor sells the AK-74N at loyalty level 2.

garderoben

When its the AK-74S and AK-74M coming? i would guess when they implement folding stock.

Triggers me to use the N version.

flecktyphus

Nitpicking Garderoben, the correct term is AKS-74 (Kalashnikovs' automatic rifle, folding stock). AKS-74U means the same with U for shortened.

I am really looking forward to the AK-74M as well. Hoping for an AK-107 at some point. Jaudå..

KhandE
12 hours ago, garderoben said:

When its the AK-74S and AK-74M coming? i would guess when they implement folding stock.

Triggers me to use the N version.

You can already make the M variant if you equip an N with the right parts and furniture in game.

Good luck finding all of it though.

Edited by KhandE

garderoben
11 hours ago, KhandE said:

You can already make the M variant if you equip an N with the right parts and furniture in game.

Good luck finding all of it though.

That is not true, the M variant has a different receiver and from what i can find its not in the game.

Also the polymer izmas folding stock is not in the game, the saiga one looks the same but does not fit.

The M has hinges for folding stock, a button to unlock it and a lock mechanic on the front left of the receiver to lock the folding stock in place. Same as the AKS-74U.

6hiPSAhYSpG6lIzxvseSQA.png

Edited by garderoben

OldRelic
On 1/27/2016 at 9:30 AM, Arngrim said:

How did i miss this one. Will the AK and something like an M4, be the two weapons that we'll find pretty early in the game? Would make sense i guess. Can't wait to try this out in the game though!

Not Really. The most common weapons you're gonna find are probably the AKS-74U which are just a smaller AK. An the 155/153 shotguns but most commonly the 153's

flecktyphus
On 17.8.2017 at 9:16 AM, garderoben said:

Also the polymer izmas folding stock is not in the game, the saiga one looks the same but does not fit.

The AK-74M and Saiga 12 use a 5,5mm hinge pin for the folding stock. The AKS-74U uses a 4,5mm pin, therefore you cannot put an AK-74M or Saiga 12 stock onto an AKS-74U without changing the rear trunnion (the part that the stock attaches to).

Yes, there are civilian/aftermarket 74U-stocks that use 5,5 pins, but those aren't military spec..

garderoben
15 hours ago, flecktyphus said:

The AK-74M and Saiga 12 use a 5,5mm hinge pin for the folding stock. The AKS-74U uses a 4,5mm pin, therefore you cannot put an AK-74M or Saiga 12 stock onto an AKS-74U without changing the rear trunnion (the part that the stock attaches to).

Yes, there are civilian/aftermarket 74U-stocks that use 5,5 pins, but those aren't military spec..

This is not completly correct, early AK-74 models had 4.5mm this is what my Russian military firends telling me and also what i find on the internet.

5.5mm with military hinge pin (In service 1990+)
4.5mm (Russian 1974-1990, Bulgarian 1974 to present)

DeltaElite121
On ‎8‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 6:07 AM, Ynopsis said:

Hope to see ak12 and ak47 and why notre ak in 5.56

Anyway Nice job !

A 5.56 barrel setup for the AK would be a cool addition in this game. In the real world - I prefer a AK74 over an AR. The sights (for me) are much easier to see, and that's why I prefer them. Functionally, they feel fairly identical (5.45mm vs the 5.56mm).

flecktyphus
On 20.8.2017 at 10:03 AM, garderoben said:

This is not completly correct, early AK-74 models had 4.5mm this is what my Russian military firends telling me and also what i find on the internet.

5.5mm with military hinge pin (In service 1990+)
4.5mm (Russian 1974-1990, Bulgarian 1974 to present)

Well to correct myself; AKS-74 and AKS-74Us used 4,5mm, AK-74Ms and Saiga 12s use 5,5mm, thus you can't just put your AK-74M poly folder onto an AKS-74U. Get it?

garderoben
16 hours ago, flecktyphus said:

Well to correct myself; AKS-74 and AKS-74Us used 4,5mm, AK-74Ms and Saiga 12s use 5,5mm, thus you can't just put your AK-74M poly folder onto an AKS-74U. Get it?

Yhea i know, whats your point?

Thats exactly what i said to the guy who said you can build an M variant.

Edited by garderoben

MercesLetifer

hello devs, while modding an ak74 i found i minor mistake,

i tried to add the B33 dustcover and it worked with all the lower handguards. in real life it will only work with the b30 or b10 lower handguards.

best regards

CZelednikov

AK-74 stats seem to be a little bit off. A lot off actually. For some reason it weights 5,1kg unloaded (compared to 3,1kg in real life) and despite such massive weight it kicks more than the M4 (which has more powerful round and should kick more if anything)

Horrorshow

So which traders at which level have a suppressor for it, and what's it cost?

CZelednikov

Apologies - 3kg for AK-74 and 3,6 for AK.74M in real life and 5,1kg in the game. Nonetheless the recoil should be lower than that of the M4

Edited by CZelednikov
  • Upvote 1

DeltaElite121
On ‎9‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 4:54 PM, CZelednikov said:

Apologies - 3kg for AK-74 and 3,6 for AK.74M in real life and 5,1kg in the game. Nonetheless the recoil should be lower than that of the M4

All things equal (having owned both) the recoil is roughly the same. I think this is something that should be accurately reflected in the game.

CZelednikov

I never shot a 5.56 gun that has as low or lower recoil than the AK74. 
One might consider Wikipedia a poor source but I really haven't find anything else (except few comments on some forums claiming rather similar numbers):
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free_recoil
AK-74 - 3,4J
M16A2 - 6,4J

I could live with gun having the same recoil as the M4 as recoil might be (to a certain degree) subjective but it should definitely NOT have more. The AK-74 has pretty effective muzzlebrake and difference between 5.45x39 and 5.56x45 is 500J - that's quite a lot. AK-74 with grip, best muzzle device, stock and scope still kicks a lot more than unmodded M4 in the game. That is just nonsense.

Edited by CZelednikov