ATG_IV

Factory is unplayable for new players.

ATG_IV

After playing Factory about 10 times, 9 of those 10 times teams of 3-4 players camp inside of the extraction point. Rendering it nearly impossible to extract solo, because we don't have access to grenades or flashes without looting them. It's ridiculous that players fully decked out with M4's and Fort armor to be that lazy and scared to just sit in one spot for the ENTIRE raid. This is an epidemic. There ought to be a way to penalize extraction camping. I get that at some points it just part of the game, but if that's an offered play style to sit a wait for 30 minutes to an hour, WHATS THE POINT IN PLAYING THE GAME?

Rant over, never playing factory again, i'll stick to Customs, Shoreline, and Interchange.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Contractor001851

Get a factory key then

• Cold 1
  • Sad 1

Sordid_lemon
2 minutes ago, ATG_IV said:

After playing Factory about 10 times, 9 of those 10 times teams of 3-4 players camp inside of the extraction point. Rendering it nearly impossible to extract solo, because we don't have access to grenades or flashes without looting them. It's ridiculous that players fully decked out with M4's and Fort armor to be that lazy and scared to just sit in one spot for the ENTIRE raid. This is an epidemic. There ought to be a way to penalize extraction camping. I get that at some points it just part of the game, but if that's an offered play style to sit a wait for 30 minutes to an hour, WHATS THE POINT IN PLAYING THE GAME?

Rant over, never playing factory again, i'll stick to Customs, Shoreline, and Interchange.

Extraction campers will not be penalise because it's a tactic that players can use to win over other players. If you're constantly dying to campers then change up your tactic. 

What i agree with is that the Game Itself is unfairly hard for New players. The balancing for new players and Existing players is Practically Non-existent. 

It gets to the point where players with Fort and Fast MT's will have a 100% To wipe the Floor With new players, and that's just Dumb. Tarkov needs to re-balance the Game So it's not off-putting to new players. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

ATG_IV

Factory Key is a rare drop if I'm not mistaken. In which case if it is, is not a easy task. I will try, but in a game based on RNG with those keys, its not a simple "go get it" task.

SmellyFart
3 minutes ago, Contractor001851 said:

Get a factory key then

That's why the "new players." part in the title is there. But what do I know.

• Like 3

MikSchultzy

Factory is in need of a second extract that is not key locked. Simply because of the issues with the current extract and how easy it is to exploit it. 

kondziowy

LuL 9 out of 10? For about 1000 hours playing this game I saw Gate3 camper max 3 times. 

First time he's name was GATE3_PVP_GOD which was pretty funny :D 

1 hour ago, ATG_IV said:

And later you will get factory key and play factory every day xD  

deathopz

Suprise the smallest map with the most interaction with other players isn't new player friendly *shocked*.

People overlook the what 4 other good maps you can play instead, I find even at a simi ok player as myself I come out with more loot on any of those 4 maps than factory on average.

Now did you take any gear those 10times or did you just go in with a knife 5 out of 10 times?

• Like 1

bigbacon

DO NOT PLAY FACTORY AS A NEW PLAYER

Just dont do it. Play the large maps like shoreline or.interchange.

Elder_Drake

An idea would be to limit squad size for that map as right now a 5 man squad can go in, kill the one other player, and farm scavs. No risk really as if you die your team will just dump your gear or extract with expensive stuff. In my opinion they should make it interesting and make it 2-3 man squads tops there.

CADhammer

The other exits arent locked at Night.
Dont play factory?
If you do, then just plan on being there to grind for experience and losing 30% of it because you died.
Run your scav or play customs as often as you can until you find a factory key.

shamrock113

I think Woods is also good for beginners To learn things? I like it.. :)

reemr
12 minutes ago, shamrock113 said:

I think Woods is also good for beginners To learn things? I like it.. :)

Woods is one of the worst maps for new players because good ranged weapons win on that map & there's always juggernaut death squads running around. Shoreline is far better because you can get geared without even coming close to the major hotspots and there's multiple easy extractions to choose from.

Edited by reemr
  • Like 2

Van_Hellspit

In 8 months of playing I have never seen a squad of 4 camping the exit, your just really unlucky m8. A grenade will sort out that problem.

Snork_Svk

@ATG_IV  Factory is literally worst map for new player, is hard without automatic weapon if you are alone. Hard take gear from scavs and high chance to hit squads. Dont really know what motivate you play factory, but for new player i always recommend Woods, Is less populated map, scavs are less agresive and with only pistol you can take down one by surprise and take his gear. Also on web are maps how to navigate through.

Yes Tarkov is hostile for new player and this is good, if you don't have balls to go through this, you will fall down, but if you have this in you and you will fight back you will be rewarded.
Find friends: for tarkov is many Discords channels where you can find friends and some nice people who will help you and guide through game. But choose wise who learn you game and avoid hatchetrunners and farmers they don't lean you right way how to play.

Edited by Snork_Svk
  • Like 1

siNr

Factory is an amazing map and the, imo, best way to make cash fast. You can be in and out in 3 mins and score 20-50k roubles. I've done hundreds of runs on that map. Encountered single exit campers maybe 10 times. All stupid though and they just ended up wasting their time dying lol. Come prepared and have a goal in the map. Running around trying to be superman in the map is instadeath.

smokey-phil
1 hour ago, siNr said:

Factory is an amazing map and the, imo, best way to make cash fast. You can be in and out in 3 mins and score 20-50k roubles. I've done hundreds of runs on that map. Encountered single exit campers maybe 10 times. All stupid though and they just ended up wasting their time dying lol. Come prepared and have a goal in the map. Running around trying to be superman in the map is instadeath.

If you have a plan you can do very well factor this guy has the right idea.

Try going in as a scav you get a much later start (assuming rng favours you) which allows the worst of the panicky close in gunfights to get over and done with and the people who you should avoid time to get out of the map or off to do whatever it is they do allowing you mr sneeki breeki to come along and grab all those left over veprs and face rags (5 face rags gets you a paca now so those are high value now at early levels) and then run to the of the 2 other scav only exits double quick.

Hanging around is not a good idea all it means is people get the drop on you however random ass movements are almost as bad for drawing attention from the sound anyway so get in get your stuff done and get out 

Also pay attention to windows and lines of sight on factory more than any other map you can be seen and shot at from a huge number of angles and weird little lean outs and if you are on the scaffold you can be shot and shoot at pretty much most of the map try it at night with a night vision device and you can kill whole legions of scavs in their stupid night time mode 

ATG_IV
8 hours ago, Snork_Svk said:

@ATG_IV  Factory is literally worst map for new player, is hard without automatic weapon if you are alone. Hard take gear from scavs and high chance to hit squads. Dont really know what motivate you play factory, but for new player i always recommend Woods, Is less populated map, scavs are less agresive and with only pistol you can take down one by surprise and take his gear. Also on web are maps how to navigate through.

Yes Tarkov is hostile for new player and this is good, if you don't have balls to go through this, you will fall down, but if you have this in you and you will fight back you will be rewarded.
Find friends: for tarkov is many Discords channels where you can find friends and some nice people who will help you and guide through game. But choose wise who learn you game and avoid hatchetrunners and farmers they don't lean you right way how to play.

I have had mostly great raids on every map but Factory. I have a ton of good (not end game) loot. I'm not complaining about factory itself. I have had some great runs on that map. I do fairly well in gun fights, give or take a few plain stupid things I did. However, more or less complaining about the extraction camping. To be honest, I was hot headed when I posted this rant yesterday, because I posted it within 5 minutes of it happening. I'm over it, I've played Factory again, got out with some good stuff. Lol.

Snork_Svk
12 hours ago, ATG_IV said:

I have had mostly great raids on every map but Factory. I have a ton of good (not end game) loot. I'm not complaining about factory itself. I have had some great runs on that map. I do fairly well in gun fights, give or take a few plain stupid things I did. However, more or less complaining about the extraction camping. To be honest, I was hot headed when I posted this rant yesterday, because I posted it within 5 minutes of it happening. I'm over it, I've played Factory again, got out with some good stuff. Lol.

Thats is spirit of true gamer. Being Exitcamper is shame but some people see only gear and not fun behind it. Thrill from true intensive gunfight. I never encounter so many in factory, but always i get killed by one ( after i killed boss scav whit whole secure group i was killed by one player who whole time waits in bushes ) i allways tell myself: Ok this guy is trash in game and this is only way he can get solid gear, but know what he lost it also so fast becauste they don't learned play game, and this way he never learned play it normaly.

• Like 1

Duckanator746
On 8/7/2018 at 3:40 PM, kondziowy said:

LuL 9 out of 10? For about 1000 hours playing this game I saw Gate3 camper max 3 times. 

First time he's name was GATE3_PVP_GOD which was pretty funny :D 

And later you will get factory key and play factory every day xD  

I was gonna say I run Factory religiously and it is definitely a rare occurrence to hit an extraction camper. I can count on my hand the number of times it has happened to me overall and I have at least 250 hours and that's honestly an understatement.

Edited by Duckanator746

Czecher

Bcs Gate camping is not worth it in my opinion, if u got any loot  its best to just  get out, than wait if  hatchling or geared player appears , u can make another factory run  instead of waiting at gate...

Arzzet

If someone is that bored to death with his life to spend 30 minutes waiting in a door instead of play this is his problem. He might get good loot anyway doing this but I don’t care

Nessevi

Why are you playing factory as a new player? If you want a meatgrinder that can give you good loot,play customs. You have more flanking options and more chances to scavenge high caliber gear (be it from scav boss or from firefights in predictable spots). If you want something more, interchange and shoreline are there for you. Interchange is great because it gives you every level of engagement you can have in this game, as well as many flanking routes to avoid high geared players or player groups. 

If you want to play the map that was designed for ADHD CoD kids, then you will suffer for it. Simple as that.

gsser

for those who says change tactic, use another extraction point, it is impossible just to find 1 extraction in any map because new players dont know those maps, and when they find them they have to face with those high geared players which is unfair, and if you keep saying that it is on you. you are just going to lose players more and more. that will make new players hate the game... in most cases such as cheating in game and not blocking them, the game starts losing players like csgo. there arent so many people like the old times. cheaters made people hate the game cause most of the time you face with a cheater or they are in your team. this is like it. if you dont set up a system that you can face with people near on your rank or somekind of matchmaking system like it, then i have news for you. you are just going to lose many new players