rayD

Removing grass/tree leafs/bushes with Nvidia Inspector

rayD

I'm experiencing more often, that i'm getting shot through that much foliage, even while moving, switching positions in so much cover without even spotting the shooter, while he knows everytime exactly where im at. I refuse to call hacks/cheats/glitches easily, but found some russian video on YouTube, where you can see how this could be explained. Every foliage is gone, the game looks shitty though, but you can spot players half across the map.

Now.. my question in this whole thing is: Isn't this also some kind of cheating? Will such ppl also get banned? It's such a massive advantage to not have that much, or even no foliage on every outdoor fight situation.

Any1 had some similiar experiences?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

robertacedane

i found the forum about this and it counted as cheating where the ones who try it gets banned 
i wouldnt recommend to use it and i would recommend the Dev team to search how to counter this 

rayD
vor 2 Minuten schrieb robertacedane:

i found the forum about this and it counted as cheating where the ones who try it gets banned 
i wouldnt recommend to use it and i would recommend the Dev team to search how to counter this 

I wasn't going to do the same, just frustrated from dying to ppl abusing game mechanics, glitches, or using 3rd party programs to get any advantage over "normal" players. i hope bsg get's this fixed fast. Reporting players who used hacks hasn't worked out that much in the past thou...

robertacedane
1 minute ago, rayD said:

I wasn't going to do the same, just frustrated from dying to ppl abusing game mechanics, glitches, or using 3rd party programs to get any advantage over "normal" players. i hope bsg get's this fixed fast. Reporting players who used hacks hasn't worked out that much in the past thou...

The game is in state of BETA and what you are doing now is helping them
i know its hard and frustating to lose bunch of gear ( me 2 bruh :"< ) 

Leitbild

This exploit is around for quite some Time, sadly.

ldtorroc

Sadly this is one of those things were the video card software causes issues for the players who want to play lagit

Zybane

I also ran into someone exploiting this. Shot me perfectly through solid row of bushes. 

FallenActual
13 minutes ago, Zybane said:

I also ran into someone exploiting this. Shot me perfectly through solid row of bushes. 

love your signature!

• Like 1

4dd4m
On 8/9/2018 at 2:54 AM, Zybane said:

These the things stopping me to come back. Whatever. On 29th is Scum "released". See you there Peeps.

Vodor

Isn't nvidia inspector a 3rd party application meaning it's technically cheating... surely.

On the flip side has anyone used the nvidia freestyle feature? Never saw it until I went to see what this inspector was.

(I wasn't calling anyone shirley)

Mr_Cossack

It absolutely is cheating, as it gives a player a clear and unfair advantage. It's actually why games like PUBG banned reshade. As in reshade you were able to remove or tone down foliage and even increase your zoom view x4. So you could basically iron sight with the zoom of a 4x. In my opinion this is clearly an unfair advantage and therefor is cheating and hence why some games banned it. Sadly reshade is allowed in Tarkov and will likely never be banned since so many people use it to make their game look better. Hopefully not many people are exploiting it to gain an advantage. Although i wouldn't be shocked if the majority were. 

On 8/9/2018 at 2:54 AM, Zybane said:

To be fair this doesn't guarantee he was using such an exploit. There are so many times on shoreline where i shoot into bushes near exits or if i spotted a player and lost track sometimes i will shoot into the bushes and surprisingly i have actually killed players doing this. Some times not even realising i killed them until after leaving the raid and seeing the ??? on the kill screen. 

Krymz_

every streamer has a zoom application thing to see as if they had a scope and to see your moving pixels which they would not normaly see with naked eye. They all put a ducking dot on the middle of their screen too, and whatever else they can get away with like reshade to make players shine out more than intended by the devs.

and that's just streamers. like 1% of players. so many other players who you can't know if they have an unfair advantage over you... or when they rush the corner full auto, because they know about peeker's advantage and whatever....

Edited by Krymz_

Exeagle
On 8/9/2018 at 2:13 AM, rayD said:

I'm experiencing more often, that i'm getting shot through that much foliage, even while moving, switching positions in so much cover without even spotting the shooter, while he knows everytime exactly where im at. I refuse to call hacks/cheats/glitches easily, but found some russian video on YouTube, where you can see how this could be explained. Every foliage is gone, the game looks shitty though, but you can spot players half across the map.

Now.. my question in this whole thing is: Isn't this also some kind of cheating? Will such ppl also get banned? It's such a massive advantage to not have that much, or even no foliage on every outdoor fight situation.

Any1 had some similiar experiences?

you also need to remember grass and foiliage doesn't render far at all, all games like Arma 3 and most other shooters cant render foliage at distances its to taxing on performances not 1 game today has come up with a solution only 1 game has to date and thats the new game called scum but instead of having foliage and grass across the entire map they go by what your character your playing as  can see so say there grass in front of him (your character)  and there a guy a mile out laying in grass your not gonna see him his invisible to your eyes its not until the character your playing can actually see him as if he had his own eyes  this is the only solution they come up with meaning 

in scum you can have a guy crawl through long grass the entire way far out where normally you'd see him in other game and have 0 foilage around him meanwhile on his screen your covered and think your ninja and what not.. but in scum your invisible to other players literally while crawling through grass no matter how hard you look at your screen you won't see him unless you character can realistically see him.. (there skills in that game for awareness and what) i think its an interesting appoch to complicated problem 

having foliage and grass rendered across the entire map  you would have 0 FPS no game to date can do it Arma 3 you get a sniper scope and aim and you see some guy laying in the middle of no where on flat ground.. but on his screen his covered by grass 

When it comes to tarkov.. grass and bushes don't render to far.. on your sceen you may think your fine but on the other guy screen who aiming at you with a pso scope he doesn't see a bush or anything i think solid tree's will still be there but your best bet is to stick to trees or building at least then they don't vanish 

here how scum does there grass and foilage 

I start it at the right time in the video but you can see its an interesting system it would deffs make tarkov extremly hard core lmao but this is the best and the first game dev they came up with to solve the foliage issue so far 

Edited by Exeagle
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

PTIPPY
On 8/13/2018 at 4:32 PM, Krymz_ said:

every streamer has a zoom application thing to see as if they had a scope and to see your moving pixels which they would not normaly see with naked eye. They all put a ducking dot on the middle of their screen too, and whatever else they can get away with like reshade to make players shine out more than intended by the devs.

and that's just streamers. like 1% of players. so many other players who you can't know if they have an unfair advantage over you... or when they rush the corner full auto, because they know about peeker's advantage and whatever....

Putting a dot on your screen isn't cheating though lol every gaming monitor comes with that settings built in and you can just use a dry erase marker to put a small dot aprox. where you think your cross hairs would be when you gun isn't pulled up. I do it all the time to help train myself to keep my barrel pointing at the right height and has helped me get much better with judging where to shoot. Its obviously not perfect and is always guess work, plus EFT their guns have recoil and the gun sways so it really doesn't do much tbh.

smokey-phil
12 minutes ago, PTIPPY said:

guns have recoil and the gun sways so it really doesn't do much tbh.

Said no one ever :P 

It does a lot there is very little sway and recoil is one kick and then settles down into a nice aimpoint 

However a laser in game is a better option as you get a accuracy boost as well as the dot 

Krymz_
On 9/23/2018 at 11:46 PM, PTIPPY said:

Putting a dot on your screen isn't cheating though lol every gaming monitor comes with that settings built in and you can just use a dry erase marker to put a small dot aprox. where you think your cross hairs would be when you gun isn't pulled up. I do it all the time to help train myself to keep my barrel pointing at the right height and has helped me get much better with judging where to shoot. Its obviously not perfect and is always guess work, plus EFT their guns have recoil and the gun sways so it really doesn't do much tbh.

"hey, my bike comes with an electric motor. not my fault yours doesn't. it's not cheating!!!!"

smokey-phil
39 minutes ago, Krymz_ said:

"hey, my bike comes with an electric motor. not my fault yours doesn't. it's not cheating!!!!"

Well mine comes with 800 cc of race tuned engine :P Take that Tour de France.

Skemba

IMO I'd ban Reshade and every other software that alters the game in any way.

• Like 2

SmugAnimeAvatar
On 8/14/2018 at 1:05 AM, Mr_Cossack said:

PUBG banned reshade. As in reshade you were able to remove or tone down foliage and even increase your zoom view x4.

You can't remove anything with reshade. All reshade does is give you color filters, anti-aliasing methods and other fake effects. It isn't possible to remove any in-game assets. You can zoom though

SmugAnimeAvatar
4 hours ago, Skemba said:

IMO I'd ban Reshade and every other software that alters the game in any way.

Reshade is great for making ugly games not ugly. It gives color back to the game. Without reshade Tarkov has almost no color. The greens are almost gray. Most people use reshade only for visuals, not to cheat. The only thing cheat you can achieve through reshade is extra zoom. If anyone wants to cheat then he is going to download proper programs for it, not reshade. I use it for pretty much every game I play. 

• Like 1

nwknirgrgwqabsw
On 9/26/2018 at 9:55 AM, SmugAnimeAvatar said:

Reshade is great for making ugly games not ugly. It gives color back to the game. Without reshade Tarkov has almost no color. The greens are almost gray. Most people use reshade only for visuals, not to cheat. The only thing cheat you can achieve through reshade is extra zoom. If anyone wants to cheat then he is going to download proper programs for it, not reshade. I use it for pretty much every game I play. 

Yeah, I don't know if it's my colourblindness, but until reshade I could barely play the game, just impossible to distinguish between players and objects on screen. I mean, irl I can spot small game on the side of the road at 100m, but forget distinguishing a human at 50m in Tarkov, unless they are kind enough to silhouette and move.

Zybane
On 9/26/2018 at 3:55 PM, SmugAnimeAvatar said:

Tarkov is one of the few games that gets it right. Games are generally way more colorful than the real world:

main_900.jpg

• Like 2

SmugAnimeAvatar
3 hours ago, Zybane said:

Tarkov is one of the few games that gets it right. Games are generally way more colorful than the real world:

main_900.jpg

No, games almost never get it right. Their colors are always washed-out and not realistic at all. Tarkov without reshade looks gray and unnatural. Also that picture is under cloudy weather during autumn. And also edited on top of that. Tarkov is lightyears away from getting color and lighting right. 

Zybane
17 hours ago, SmugAnimeAvatar said:

No, games almost never get it right. Their colors are always washed-out and not realistic at all. Tarkov without reshade looks gray and unnatural. Also that picture is under cloudy weather during autumn. And also edited on top of that. Tarkov is lightyears away from getting color and lighting right. 

I think Fornight is more up your alley:

fortnight-screenshot-475x267.jpg

• Like 1
  • Hot 1
  • Sad 2

SmugAnimeAvatar
2 hours ago, Zybane said:

I think Fornight is more up your alley:

Try going outside in your life for once. Real life colors are vibrant, not dull and gray. Tarkov does have some color, but it also has a gray washed out filter on it. Everything has a darker hue than it should have. Many people have talked about this and many use reshade to bring some color back to the game. If you seriously think real life colors are any near dull as in Tarkov then you're either colorblind, live in an urban area with horrible air pollution or simply delusional. 

download.jpg

• Like 1
  • Sad 1