Kremson

I would like a lil confirmation on something

I would like for a dev or a staff member that actually knows the answer to this question . So my question is this are the sixpack armored cars able to be shot all the way through them like the body not the windows ??? Cause last I checked there is no caliber in this game as of right now that can penetrate an armored car I mean realism an all which is what the game is suppose to be about right ? 

The reason i am asking is because me an a friend went on customs by boiler tanks go through the hole in the wall at checkpoint he gets one tapped right off from what appeared to be from gas station . Then I am getting lit up an I am behind the sixpack and get headshot from this guy through said armored truck . So its like objects that bullets should go through all day long soak up all shots fired an things that should deflect all bullets is like paper . Its bad enough that all legit players have to deal with the lil turds that gotta cheat to feel special in the gaming world but we also have to deal with the ridiculous fact that anything like a vehicle is a cardboard box and a cardboard box is like a tank . 

ANyways as I said I only want to hear from a dev or staff not any players considering well sorry but no player would know that answer nor do I want to read any lame arse comment '' oh its just desync bro. '' I mean you would think after 6 years developing this game that the basic things in a video game would be running as intended but apparently not here its like its arse backwards graphics , content , mods , etc to where anything technical is dead last even the homemade AC gets updated more than the tech side of this game does . Speaking of which when are you devs going to finally implement the 3rd party AC aka battleeye ??? And dont say soon or that we have no plans on doing that when I have been told twice over the months but two different staff that that is in the works cause your alls AC is back to being useless again . 

This isnt an argument or a debate nor am I looking for either I just feel like along with everyone else that its time we ''BSG testers'' deserve to finally get answers that you guys seem to always keep dodging the questions even in the podcasts??????? 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 3

If you don't want to publicly discuss anything on a public forum, I would suggest that you don't post on a public forum. Try raising a support ticket if you feel there is a bug or issue that needs addressing. 

Please remember you are testing the beta build of the game. You are playing a very bug-ridden build and it is part of your role as a tester to find and report them...properly.

Also, your post is actually nothing but a wall-of-text rant and whine with nothing constructive for anybody to work on. Your hostile stance when posting a question is very unlikely to yield a supportive answer too, so it's basically a waste of time and energy. Time and energy that could've been spent testing the penetration of rounds through that truck to give a good report to the developers...

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Deadmode said:

thing constructive for anybody to work on. Your hostile stance when posting a question is very unlikely to yield a supportive answer too, so it's basically a waste of time and energy. Time and energy that could've been spent testing the penetration of rounds through that truck to give a good report to the developers...

+1

"I wAnT tO hEaR fRoM tHe DeVs OnLy"

Really?

Or you know, about about people who put time and effort into making the videos with testing the various issues with the game? So they know nothing?

If you only want to hear from the devs, take it to their support tickets. Chances are you were shot under the truck or from an angle you didn't perceive. 

He didn't say any specific developer...

I once made a text box in high school, so I'm a developer. And yes, there are bullets in the game that can penetrate light armored vehicles.

Wow you guys are flat out stupid and apparently either fanboys or just plain naive to what gets said . But as per the smartarse remark I said devs or staff not lil smucks that think they know anything about what is going on when they have no clue . 

But here is a lil wisdom for you fanboys we are testers to a broken game that shouldnt even be testing this game considering that this is not a new dev team but a team that has been together for around a decade now with not one not two but three games under their built and a fourth one on the way . BSG started developing EFT back in 2012 4 years later they begin closed beta when majority of everyone started testing the game and here we all are 2 years later an hardly anything technical wise has changed . And whats sad is the 4th game russia 2028 is years off from starting beta but they have begun developing on it when they should be focusing on this game an the long list of problems . 

And no sorry but there is no caliber in this game as of now that has enough force an penetration value to go through an armored truck but then again this is tarkov which really should be called escape from bugkov a video game that will never see full release with the way its heading . 

• Sad 2

Well this is true but before hand he was tearing me up from shots coming through that armored truck somehow at an angle he had no line of sight to any body parts even my legs . But I dont know the idea he could of used noclip on me I mean hell the following raid same map we engaged 2 sks players same spot so we decided to run all the way back around through factory yard to flank them to come through the factory door to get head shotted as one of them knew we was coming thru there an waiting . I got taken out but mate managed to kill the one that was clearly noclipping cause he was literally warping 20 meters at a time an luckily didnt have god mode or aimbot turned on oh and neither of them had comtacs etc so they didnt hear us coming that way considering they was inside the gas station area an without coms you cant hear a key used or door open from that distance . 

• Confused 1

19 minutes ago, Kremson said:

Wow you guys are flat out stupid and apparently either fanboys or just plain naive to what gets said . But as per the smartarse remark I said devs or staff not lil smucks that think they know anything about what is going on when they have no clue . 

But here is a lil wisdom for you fanboys we are testers to a broken game that shouldnt even be testing this game considering that this is not a new dev team but a team that has been together for around a decade now with not one not two but three games under their built and a fourth one on the way . BSG started developing EFT back in 2012 4 years later they begin closed beta when majority of everyone started testing the game and here we all are 2 years later an hardly anything technical wise has changed . And whats sad is the 4th game russia 2028 is years off from starting beta but they have begun developing on it when they should be focusing on this game an the long list of problems . 

And no sorry but there is no caliber in this game as of now that has enough force an penetration value to go through an armored truck but then again this is tarkov which really should be called escape from bugkov a video game that will never see full release with the way its heading . 

Someone disagreeing with you or showing the flaws in your rant isnt a fanboy. Being a fanboy takes more than that.

People who test penetration in this game might actually know pretty well what happens with the armored trucks. Im pretty sure that they wont take the time to answer you if you start with a bad attitude and then it gets even worse. You seem butthurt!

Game development takes time and EFT has had people come and go during the process. Youre over simplifying the development and its phases. Tells a little about how much you know of the process. And no, Im not a dev, not an expert, but I do understand some things about the process and the time it takes.

"Majority of everyone started testing" in closed beta? What are you talking about? Hardly anything has changed? WTF man? Are you high?

I suspect that this fine gentleman is a troll. :sctroll:

• Upvote 1

Butthurt ??? Really lol no sorry to burst your bubble but no its called aggravation that I have had ever since 0.8 dropped an then having to deal with the constant rookie mistakes that a decade long dev team has made in with this game over an over again . But for your info I have been testing games off an on since 2002 not one game that I have tested not one after joining the testing crew has it took past a year to be released cause general rule of thumb is when a game gets to the testing phase they have all the content graphical mods weaponry etc locked down because at that point the game is basically 3/4 done to where the testing part is to find any and all bugs so they can be removed . No not any game is bug free a few always make it into a full release but they are soon spotted an dealt with . 

But here in this game its all backwards an the only time bugs seem to get fixed is either when majority of the testers cant launch play lose their profile or when BSG gets pressured into immediate action from social media postings . They worry more about the look of the game than the mechanics its self when the look of the game is locked down solid but the mechanics an stability of the game is floppy at best . 

Oh an closed beta you know when you could buy into the game to start testing that took place 2 years ago . And no im not high I dont do any drugs but then again maybe I should so I could look at the game like all of you do an see not a single damn thing wrong with it . 

• Sad 1

18 minutes ago, Kremson said:

Butthurt ??? Really lol no sorry to burst your bubble but no its called aggravation that I have had ever since 0.8 dropped an then having to deal with the constant rookie mistakes that a decade long dev team has made in with this game over an over again . But for your info I have been testing games off an on since 2002 not one game that I have tested not one after joining the testing crew has it took past a year to be released cause general rule of thumb is when a game gets to the testing phase they have all the content graphical mods weaponry etc locked down because at that point the game is basically 3/4 done to where the testing part is to find any and all bugs so they can be removed . No not any game is bug free a few always make it into a full release but they are soon spotted an dealt with . 

But here in this game its all backwards an the only time bugs seem to get fixed is either when majority of the testers cant launch play lose their profile or when BSG gets pressured into immediate action from social media postings . They worry more about the look of the game than the mechanics its self when the look of the game is locked down solid but the mechanics an stability of the game is floppy at best . 

Oh an closed beta you know when you could buy into the game to start testing that took place 2 years ago . And no im not high I dont do any drugs but then again maybe I should so I could look at the game like all of you do an see not a single damn thing wrong with it . 

You must be a real fun guy IRL

Sheesh... the tarkov butthurt sure does create some toxic people. This isn't the place to rant and be rude to people. Go do that on Facebook. Start acting like an adult bruh..

11 hours ago, Kremson said:

Rookie mistakes you say.. hmm..

It might be a decade long dev team, but thats only a part of it, theyve had people come and go like I already said. I think Nikita has addressed the fact that they have difficulties in getting more people to the team bc theres a shortage of good unity devs in Russia. 

I dont know if you havent noticed but weve entered in to this new phase of early access and "betatesting" in the games industry. We can agree that this might not be a good thing as a whole, but its not BSGs fault, theyre simply following the industry in that. This early access model means that the game is in beta while theyre still making content for it. Its not uncommon at all nowadays. I think youve partaken in what Betas used to be and not in early access'. If you wouldve tested many early access games, this wouldnt surprise you at all.

You gotta understand that even if BSG has done games for a decade, this is their first title of this size AND its done with UNITY. Id go as far to say that this game is by far the most ambitious Unity FPS title there is. BSG is kinda in uncharted waters with EFT so you gotta respect what theyve made. Its not a huge team either! I only know of Contract Wars, but whats the third title theyve done? 

Anyways, I totally understand you man, you got shot in a way you cant comprehend so its easy to get all fired up. Mightve been a bug, bad mechanic, even hax tho I think its very unlikely. (Ive ever seen 1 hacker in my year of playing and 0 fishy ones in this patch, I think the hacker problem has been greatly overexaggerated and what you described in your later post of a different match, was desync) Whatever it is, your way of handling this situation is not constructive. Just like someone said, calming your tits and discussing like an adult would yield better results.

14 hours ago, Kremson said:

BSG started developing EFT back in 2012 4 years later they begin closed beta when majority of everyone started testing the game and here we all are 2 years later an hardly anything technical wise has changed

Oh an closed beta you know when you could buy into the game to start testing that took place 2 years ago

Wrong. Closed beta started this year. I bought the EOD edition mid 2017 when the game was still in Alpha and only EOD gave access.

BSG started developing EFT back in 2012

The development for Star Citizen also started that year, and they have hundreds of millions in their development budgets and they are no further along than EFT is with massive studios built worldwide for the development of that game.

I think you underestimate the work required to develop a new IP from concept to fruition, especially when faced with some of the technical hurdles BSG have encountered, such as upgrading to a newer version of the engine which resulted in most of the game having to be re-written and the other points raised in the above post.

The only thing I can agree with you on is the fact that this game should not be classed as being in Beta phase of development, because it isn't. It is still in Alpha. That doesn't escape the fact that we are testing an unfinished game that will certainly be broken in places, buggy in others and with some features and systems way down the pipeline.

What you also don't seem to realise is we have absolutely no right to demand anything of the developers. All we are entitled to is a finished game with the features they promised at pledge. If they fall short on the final game, then we have some recourse, but until then, we have to do our part as testers and help the development process by playing and reporting things that break. 

If you didn't want to experience a buggy game or get easily frustrated with the development processes then you should have kept your cash in your wallet and waited for the release. Simple as that.

7 hours ago, Kremson said:

Nope I am a straight up a**hole in real life an dont care to admit it . And no sorry no butthurtness going on  here just disgust with the performance of a game that shouldnt even be having performance issues . But i can tell you guys are those butterball pimple faced ones living in mommas basement that have nothing better to do than troll peoples forum posts . Which really makes you the one that needs to act like an adult I guess maybe when you become old enough to be considered an adult that is bruh . 

You obviously have difficulty with social situations and communicating with people. You are clearly the one acting immaturely. Your first riposte to our replies was to personally insult us and spew hostility throughout the rest of this thread.  

As I said before, that kind of attitude will get you absolutely nowhere in forums, and also in life.

Edited by Deadmode

7 hours ago, Kremson said:

Nope I am a straight up a**hole in real life an dont care to admit it .

No need to admit it. It was pretty obvious already.

15 hours ago, Kremson said:

But as per the smartarse remark I said devs or staff not lil smucks that think they know anything about what is going on when they have no clue . 

Apparently the only knows it all lil smuck in here is you, since you are making a question that you think you know the answer already and according to you whatever others replied is wrong.

But here in this game its all backwards an the only time bugs seem to get fixed is either when majority of the testers cant launch play lose their profile or when BSG gets pressured into immediate action from social media postings

So... first you start ranting on about how the dev team did not do anything ( nothing that fixes the game ) in 6 years, but then you say that BSG takes action on fixes when pressured from social media postings?!? 

Really lol no sorry to burst your bubble but no its called aggravation that I have had ever since 0.8 dropped an then having to deal with the constant rookie mistakes that a decade long dev team has made in with this game over an over again

Just a heads up. You do not have to deal with anything related to the game. you do not even have to play it.

Come back when the game is done if you want, if not, do not come back at all... no one is forcing you to be a tester.

Early access, also known as early funding, alpha-access, or paid-alpha, is a funding model in the video game industry by which consumers can pay for a game in the various development cycles (pre-alpha, alpha, beta) and obtain access to the pre-full release versions of the game, while the developer is able to use those funds to continue work on the game. Those that pay to participate typically help to debug the game, provide feedback and suggestions, and may have access to special materials in the game. The early-access approach is a common way to obtain funding for indie games, and may also be used along with other funding mechanisms, including crowdfunding. Many crowdfunding projects promise to offer access to alpha and/or beta versions of the game as development progresses; however, unlike some of these projects which solicit funds but do not yet have a playable game, all early access games offer an immediately playable version of the unfinished game to players.

This is a rather New concept i think in the gaming world, but dont quote me on that. I didnt bother looking too hard into it, but my first EVER early Access game was DayZ and before that the Whole early Access thing was totally unknown to me. 

EDIT: Rant With style. 

Edited by DonReno89
  • Hot 1