DanExert

EFT Cinematic Trailer (stream highlights)

DanExert

Hey all, put a little something together to spice up my YT channel, in the form of a cinematic-style trailer! The music was made by myself, and the clips were created by my viewers, so massive thanks to them for helping to create content like this.

It's my first time doing something like this, so if you have any feedback (both good and bad) please feel free to let me know :scwhink:

Thanks!

• Like 1

Seregil_Sho

I really like the music in your trailer. Epic and driving my pulse ^^

But i think some of the clips you used lack some kind of punch to go along with the music.

I did some Video editing myself, but i'm far from beeing an expert.

But for your first work its pretty solid i think. Just my 50 cent, don't hate me ^^

Edit: Did some corrections to my wording to transport my message better =D

Edited by Seregil
  • Thanks 1

DanExert
3 minutes ago, Seregil said:

I really like the music in your trailer. Epic and driving my pulse ^^

But i think the clips you used lack some kind of punch to go along with the music.

I did some Video editing myself, but i'm far from beeing an expert.

But for your first work its pretty solid i think. Just my 50 cent, don't hate me ^^

No hate at all mate! Thanks for the feedback

I'm not sure what other kind of gameplay clips or moments would work well, I thought getting headshots and throwing grenades would be cool :bewhink: maybe I could get some more footage of my teammate in front of me because that always looks really good when BSG do trailers for patches and stuff... Food for thought!

Seregil_Sho
vor 7 Minuten schrieb DanExert:

No hate at all mate! Thanks for the feedback

I'm not sure what other kind of gameplay clips or moments would work well, I thought getting headshots and throwing grenades would be cool :bewhink: maybe I could get some more footage of my teammate in front of me because that always looks really good when BSG do trailers for patches and stuff... Food for thought!

What came to my mind when the music speeds up was something like kicking doors or maybe a drop from a balcony in the health resort on shoreline where you get behind someone.

Throwing grenades and the headshots where good though .

Hmm... but well, i know that footage like that might be hard to acquire ^"

Edited by Seregil

DanExert
Just now, Seregil said:

What came to my mind when the music speeds up was something like kicking doors or maybe a drop from a balcony in the health resort on shoreline where you get behind someone.

Hmm... but well, i know that footage like that might be hard to aquire ^"

Haha this is true! I shall make sure to kick more doors and stuff in my next games mate ;) thank you for the suggestions!

Seregil_Sho
vor 1 Minute schrieb DanExert:

Haha this is true! I shall make sure to kick more doors and stuff in my next games mate ;) thank you for the suggestions!

cheers, anytime mate xD

• Thanks 1

FileDotZip

The face cams ruin it. Sorry, but good try.

Epic headshot at 0:34.

• Thanks 1

nachtmaere
7 minutes ago, Greg said:

The face cams ruin it. Sorry, but good try.

Epic headshot at 0:34.

I mean as far as 'Cinematic trailer' goes, technically face cam is out of place, but i think the important factor is, he's not the ugliest EFT streamer in the world so i think we can all appreciate that, and the occasional singlet really spices things up so i think it was a welcome addition ;3 hahah xD

But yeah, love the headshots, this guy aint playin' xD Doesn't even look like he CONSIDERS the possibility of center mass, he's breakin' skulls today and that's final xD

I also love the tactical callouts in there  ;3

• Thanks 1

FileDotZip

I mean, alright, hes handsome. But thats besides the point, the trailer would look better with it just being the game. 0:34 headshot was sick. but one before that at 0:18 was pretty sloppy, but Dan knows that. Overall the trailer seemed a little too drawn out and like I was riding a rather flat rollercoaster. I would shorten up the amount of  "DUUUUUU" sound effects, add some faster gameplay "running and gunning" and make it overall shorter. I want to be taken 500 ft up and smashed to the ground with the Visuals and sound from a short riveting trailer. 

Short, snappier, faster and slower. More pumpy music too (maybe)

To start, id have a look at pre-made trailer and try to mimic them. You know, the ones with million dollar movie budgets.

Edited by Greg
  • Thanks 1

DanExert

@Greg& @nachtmaerethank you for the feedback!

I agree with you about the facecam/overlay not fitting with the trailer idea, truth be told I ripped it straight from the stream with the intention of using it as a welcome video for my YouTube haha.

As a 'trailer' it is definitely underwhelming, and it can be difficult in Tarkov to find 'good plays' that are condensible enough for a short video... It's a tough one! But I really appreciate you guys coming by and taking the time to give your thoughts, I'll definitely bear them in mind for any future videos I make

16 hours ago, nachtmaere said:

Doesn't even look like he CONSIDERS the possibility of center mass, he's breakin' skulls today and that's final xD

Haha I don't even bother with body shots anymore to be honest, way too unreliable. I killed 7 guys in one raid on Customs yesterday (3 of them never saw me to be fair) because they refused to aim for my head for some reason haha. The headshot meta is real at the moment! You can find that raid in the thread 'To the Guy At...' Compilation if you wish ;) 

FileDotZip
2 hours ago, DanExert said:

Haha I don't even bother with body shots anymore to be honest

I guess it depends on the weapon and rate of fire. Ill first say do what works for you and play with the weapons you're comfortable with. 

Personally... I run 9x39 SP6. Centermass drops people all the time for me. Its proven reliable for when I need to respond quickly to a thread on my 6 or when recently I opened a door and there were 2 PMC's looking at me. I melted both of them to the ground. 
I am not confident I could get to the same level of skill in aiming for heads like you. So I'll stick with what I'm doing already :)

What weapons do you prefer to use, Dan?

DanExert
2 minutes ago, Greg said:

I guess it depends on the weapon and rate of fire. Ill first say do what works for you and play with the weapons you're comfortable with. 

Personally... I run 9x39 SP6. Centermass drops people all the time for me. Its proven reliable for when I need to respond quickly to a thread on my 6 or when recently I opened a door and there were 2 PMC's looking at me. I melted both of them to the ground. 
I am not confident I could get to the same level of skill in aiming for heads like you. So I'll stick with what I'm doing already :)

What weapons do you prefer to use, Dan?

Yeah dude, we all have our own styles! The AS/VSS is a fantastic weapon and I really enjoy using it too.

Lately I've been using the SA58 and M4s to keep things fresh but have the most experience with the AKM/AK-103, I love the 7.62 BP round and the PSO is a beautiful sight with perfect sensitivity for long shots!

FileDotZip
2 minutes ago, DanExert said:

7.62 BP

I can't wait until I unlock this round. So close.
Anyway, I'll share a trailer I made similar to yours for Arma 3. 
It was inspired by the style of the Call Of Duty Advanced Warfare trailer.

DanExert

@Gregkeep going dude and you'll unlock that spicy boi!

This is also an amazing trailer haha I love it, really well done. I like the way you have a dialogue and everything going on, very movie-like! Perhaps when Tarkov has some more time in the oven we can use cut-scenes, free cameras and the like to capture our own footage like this and create some proper trailers!

• Thanks 1