Sign in to follow this  
IronDruid

Help with Region Lock and Server Selection issue, EU to OCE

IronDruid

Hi guys,

I've got an issue, and I'm looking for some help or tips. A mate recently got me into Tarkov, we both have the EU client. However, he lives in Bangkok, so, whenever I try and play with him, we can't pick a server in common to join.

I've done some reading on it, and apparently, if you try and connect to a server and you'll have more than 150ms, it'll grey out the server selection box. I get why it's that way, to cut down on janky lag in games, however, in this particular instance, I'm playing from the UK, and there isn't a server somewhere in the middle that me and my mate can both get under 150ms to, and join to play together.

So, I can't actually play with my friend.

Here's where asking for help comes in, what can we do? We've looked into getting a VPN, but, it just makes the latency worse, and doesn't help. Aside from "wait for more servers to come online", is there anything that can be done?

Cheers for the help in advance

AEsir_V
On ‎8‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 2:48 AM, IronDruid said:

Hi guys,

I've got an issue, and I'm looking for some help or tips. A mate recently got me into Tarkov, we both have the EU client. However, he lives in Bangkok, so, whenever I try and play with him, we can't pick a server in common to join.

I've done some reading on it, and apparently, if you try and connect to a server and you'll have more than 150ms, it'll grey out the server selection box. I get why it's that way, to cut down on janky lag in games, however, in this particular instance, I'm playing from the UK, and there isn't a server somewhere in the middle that me and my mate can both get under 150ms to, and join to play together.

So, I can't actually play with my friend.

Here's where asking for help comes in, what can we do? We've looked into getting a VPN, but, it just makes the latency worse, and doesn't help. Aside from "wait for more servers to come online", is there anything that can be done?

Cheers for the help in advance

Me too! need help!!!

swats73

If you are in a pre form group you will join whatever server is selected by group leader regardless of ping.

Hopefully this helps 

Swats73