GlorifiedPig

South African servers - should it happen?

ZA Servers  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Do you feel there are enough players to have South African servers?

• Yes
    • No
    • Other (please comment)

GlorifiedPig

Hey there, I'm the new Emissary for South Africa on these forums.

Over the past few months/years, there have been topics rising up and down regarding South African servers. A lot of them either went unnoticed or without a definite response from the development team. There was a topic about a year ago that received quite a fair number of replies from South Africans, some even vouching on behalf of their friends, just to see if there are enough players. Keep in mind that almost everybody replied were South Africans speaking English and active on the forums. A lot of my friends who are also from South Africa would only look to getting the game after the server's release, and if it does happen, it will greatly boost the player base here, allowing for a wider audience (and potentially even make that Afrikaans forum way more active, considering there will be more Afrikaans players).

We are sick of having to play with over 200ms for every game that's multiplayer. CS:GO added South African servers and the community is extremely strong there, whereas PUBG didn't and we're still fighting for the servers. I would like to request for all of you to please comment your thoughts. If you're South African, please let us know!

Thanks.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

DreamHacker

Hey there GlorifiedPig, congrats on the Emissar rank.

I would love to play with something other than 200ms ping for once but I feel we can't vote without really knowing how much people we have in South Africa actively playing Tarkov.

GlorifiedPig
1 minute ago, DreamHacker said:

Hey there GlorifiedPig, congrats on the Emissar rank.

I would love to play with something other than 200ms ping for once but I feel we can't vote without really knowing how much people we have in South Africa actively playing Tarkov.

Hey, thanks for your input.

We have quite a few people here considering the other forum post, plus many people on the unofficial Discord have the [AF] tag, also keep in mind this will increase the player base in our country.

• Upvote 1

DreamHacker
Just now, GlorifiedPig said:

also keep in mind this will increase the player base in our country.

That is indeed true, I'm all for South African servers if we have the numbers for it. Would make the game so much better.

• Like 1

MrGuyDude

Myself and friends would love to play this game, but feel that we would currently only be buying frustration. Bring on SA servers!!

joerenagade

YES! Please! I have 6 friends who also play. The frustration is real when you lose your gear to lag.

(off topic) In the mean time, can we discuss the choosing of servers? Our ping is too high (over 150) to chose a server, cant they just change that? I mean, the whole point of choosing is if your ping is too high, you choose a lower one.

I-Bakers-I

+1 for South African servers.

I have a lot of friends that want to get into Tarkov, but they dont want to pay so much for a game that has no local servers. really wish we can get the ball rolling for our boys. it will spread like a wildfire in the country, seeing as many retired Battlefield players have no relateable titles to turn to, as well as groups like ZA gaming alliance, etc.. the potential is massive!!

TW1NK1E_24

+1

We love your game but find it very difficult to play sometimes due to our poor internet connection to EU servers we average 200ms to 250ms and we have to deal with alot of desync and lag. We really need the servers a lot of gear in game is lost unnecessarily.

Thanks

EFT South Africa Facebook Group

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1903773619853151/

PersonalVince

Hay there, 

+1 from me too. 

The best game I have ever played. No doubt. Would love to see South African servers. I have a few friends that stopped playing due to bad ping. 

siNr

I believe Nikita said, in the podcast, that the issue is the quality of the servers they can find. They would be buying and paying for poo servers that don't meet their standards and until they can solve this, there won't be any, unfortunately.

RumoursOfwaR

Hey guys... I say we 100% need servers I know many gamers who said they will start playing tarkov when there are ZA servers... I also know a few who stopped playing because of a lack of servers... The gaming community here in SA that plays ARMA 3.. Battlefield... and other shooters would definitely come over to tarkov when we have our own servers.

Edited by RumoursOfwaR
Typing error

Allerjex

A bit late... Haven't been playing as much because of latency... supposedly its 200-240ms in game... never really feels like it..

Anyways a server in South Africa would be much appreciated.

CADENZAZA

IMHO,

If there were ZA servers, there would be a lot more South Africans playing EFT!!!

warriorcode

+1 for South African servers!!!

Tr4wnet
Posted (edited)
On 8/14/2018 at 9:37 AM, GlorifiedPig said:

Hey there, I'm the new Emissary for South Africa on these forums.

Over the past few months/years, there have been topics rising up and down regarding South African servers. A lot of them either went unnoticed or without a definite response from the development team. There was a topic about a year ago that received quite a fair number of replies from South Africans, some even vouching on behalf of their friends, just to see if there are enough players. Keep in mind that almost everybody replied were South Africans speaking English and active on the forums. A lot of my friends who are also from South Africa would only look to getting the game after the server's release, and if it does happen, it will greatly boost the player base here, allowing for a wider audience (and potentially even make that Afrikaans forum way more active, considering there will be more Afrikaans players).

We are sick of having to play with over 200ms for every game that's multiplayer. CS:GO added South African servers and the community is extremely strong there, whereas PUBG didn't and we're still fighting for the servers. I would like to request for all of you to please comment your thoughts. If you're South African, please let us know!

Thanks.

You sure youre an emmisary m8? Your profile says youre just a member.

As for the servers, you guys crated topics about this 50+times all of them end up being lockd for the same reason. While I do agree with you that you guys should have your own servers to get good performance, you have to look at this from BSG point of view.

1, They cant find a proper server hosting service in your region yet that meets their standards.

2, They usually have dedicated region servers in locations wheres the playerbase is high enough that they make the money back for the servers that costs money ofc. 

Dunno how many players are there in south africa but I doubt the sells of EFT copies could make up for the servers they would buy there.

Use VPN. Thats all you can do atm.

This had been adressed by multiple mods and devs, please try to understand where my point comes from.

Edited by Tr4wnet

GlorifiedPig
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Tr4wnet said:

You sure youre an emmisary m8? Your profile says youre just a member.

As for the servers, you guys crated topics about this 50+times all of them end up being lockd for the same reason. While I do agree with you that you guys should have your own servers to get good performance, you have to look at this from BSG point of view.

1, They cant find a proper server hosting service in your region yet that meets their standards.

2, They usually have dedicated region servers in locations wheres the playerbase is high enough that they make the money back for the servers that costs money ofc. 

Dunno how many players are there in south africa but I doubt the sells of EFT copies could make up for the servers they would buy there.

Use VPN. Thats all you can do atm.

This had been adressed by multiple mods and devs, please try to understand where my point comes from.

Firstly, this topic is almost/over a half a year old so I'm not an Emissary anymore.

Secondly, MWeb will be more than willing to host servers and they host CS:GO servers. The standard is definitely up there and the stereotype of us having bad hosting should be disregarded considering how large CS:GO is.

Thirdly, the playerbase is indeed high enough to fill a 6 slot factory server within a few minutes with the size of the game. You will also gain a lot new players in our country if they do decide to get servers here.

And lastly, using a VPN does not decrease your lag, it just makes your ping lower. Your points are not entirely correct.

Also, it has not been addressed by multiple moderators and developers, please refer to the links in the main post.

Edited by GlorifiedPig

rossdc_2001

+1 

HELLOuw
Posted (edited)

+1

Most South African players will only join this game if they know there is SERVERS for it, at the moment there is only servers for few games like battlefield, CSGO and Dota 2 and I think Arma 3 if i'm not mistaken.

People will only join the game join the community when servers are provided. If there are AAA games using Mweb server then I am almost 100% sure Tarcov can invest in some servers here. South African are constantly looking for a proper game with SA servers. Please from ALL SOUTH AFRICAN GAMERS may you guys please reconsider Server rental for South Africa PLEASE. 

And If you need any help from the community to help just ask, we are more than willing to help.

P.S. your game is the BEST.

Edited by HELLOuw
Added sence.

alienturd
Posted (edited)

As a player that has played EFT  about 2  years ago when the game was completely different, I can say that it is not impossible but extremely annoying to play with a constant 200+ms. South Africans always have these issues with games such as league, counter strike and much more. I would appreciate it if for once the developers will listen to their customers, you have people here wanting to play your game. I have 3 personal friends here that stopped playing EFT entirely because the ping was too much to handle. If there isn't enough population on the servers, take them down, at least try and understand your player base before making a final decision. With the new update I know a lot of people such as myself that would really like to get back into Tarkov but am not pushed there just yet... 

Please take into consideration your player base globally and don't leave us in the dark.

I love the game, please make it better for us, the players.1066589969_2019-08-2615_27_57-Matchingconfiguration.thumb.png.f21456f210540da02eb204b529c13d15.png

Edited by alienturd

sleava

BS should work towards giving their African players a break XD

You have to keep in mind, with the instability with the Rand, South African players are more or less paying twice as much as your typical western player. An EOD edition costs about 2200 Rand, or about 22 of their largest bills. I know there are a surprising amount of SA players in Tarkov: if they are paying an arm and a leg for the game, you really should try to make sure there is at least on server for them.

• Like 1

Legacy_Tarkov

SA Servers!

This game is fantastic and refreshing to play and every country should experience this game in the best way possible.

Bought this game last month with some friends, buying EOD upgrade this month, probably my new favourite shooter of all time.

And on behalf of myself and 8 other friends we would love SA servers and fully support the idea.

FeelMetalJacket

+1 SA servers please

just looking at the discord there are about 500 members

Edited by FeelMetalJacket

WettWiipe

+1

Would really appreciate a server here in SA guys. Our player base is pretty strong here and a server would definitely increase the number of people who would join, as mentioned by other players, a lot of people want to join in on EFT but don't want to deal with a ping of 200 - 250.

Please consider it.