Sign in to follow this  
YqIMulti

Hatchlings vs Helmets

I really would like to know why hatchlings have the power to go through your helmet with a single punch but i can take rounds from weapons like an sks, ak, or m4 with just a faceshield in this game.

There should be no reason that you can kill someone like this and it's making this game and factory runs damn near unfun to run and possibly unplayable. especially how i'm seeing tactics now where you can just sit in extraction and wait for a geared player to get up and leave and boom one punch and you're dead. Players who play like this should not be allowed to any of this. I lost gear twice now because hatchets one shot even a ducking fast mt now.

2 hours ago, YqIMulti said:

I really would like to know why hatchlings have the power to go through your helmet with a single punch but i can take rounds from weapons like an sks, ak, or m4 with just a faceshield in this game.

There should be no reason that you can kill someone like this and it's making this game and factory runs damn near unfun to run and possibly unplayable. especially how i'm seeing tactics now where you can just sit in extraction and wait for a geared player to get up and leave and boom one punch and you're dead. Players who play like this should not be allowed to any of this. I lost gear twice now because hatchets one shot even a ducking fast mt now.

Pretty sure it's because they're punching them in the eyes or the chin. I don't know how helmets work entirely, but I'm pretty sure you can do that and 1-shot them even if they have a face mask on. I know it's stupid, but it's just how it is now. Honestly, the different regions of the head (ears, nape, jaw, face, etc.) should have different multipliers for the hatchet. Getting punched in the chin with a hatchet wouldn't kill you.

• Upvote 1

This game wasn't as rage inducing until they attempted to complexify all of the damage it was truthfully better when your helmet just protected your head overall regardless of realism

Just now, YqIMulti said:

This game wasn't as rage inducing until they attempted to complexify all of the damage it was truthfully better when your helmet just protected your head overall regardless of realism

It's just gonna require tweaking. The face hitbox is very weird right now and needs to be worked on. Obviously exposed parts of the head shouldn't be protected, but still getting 1-shotted by a tomahawk due to a headshot wearing a Kiver with a facemask is quite silly. Melee, even though it has been nerfed considerably, is still very powerful. 

Yeah it's also impossible when your gun is pointing to the sky as soon as a hatchling is in front of you. Who thought that that was a good idea lmao

• Like 1

If you get killed by a hatchling like that I’d take it as a learning curve, change your style to prevent an unnecessary death.

between desync and hit register bugs hatchlings can be problematic. Waiting for rushers to kill each other and lure hatchlings out gives you enough time and range to do whatever you want.

Also just shoot their legs and leave them be. 

Edited by Skaldy

12 hours ago, YqIMulti said:

Yea, I would love if body armor protected my team mate's legs too.

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, AdhesiveTeflon said:

Yea, I would love if body armor protected my team mate's legs too.

Im hoping this is a joke. I dont want any more of a hard time with armor than there already is. I only take shots at weak facemasks and armor, and if not I’d prefer not to engage as of now. Armor is too RNG for me right now, and I’d rather sneakily 1-shot someone than get into a spray battle and the person with the better RNG wins. 

On 8/16/2018 at 10:43 AM, YqIMulti said:

Sure i'll go get wall hacks so i can know he's right around the corner

Ok, so you got ambushed in a close-quarters environment by someone who's weapon only works in close quarter?

working as intended.

• Sad 1

Sachiel ive been one tapped by a hatchling while wearing a level 5 helmet. which is complete bullshit. hatchets are not working as intended... if you believe that a melee weapon should be able to penetrate a helmet that 90 percent of guns cant than you must not wear any real gear into raids....

• Upvote 1