ClasterOG

Need more stash space for Standard Edition

The game is great for the most part. However, when it comes to the stash space for the $50 beta purchase, it seems a bit unfair for the size of the stash space compared to the other people who can afford to spend $150 on the beta. Notice I'm emphasizing the word "beta". I know it comes with the standard edition of the game when it is officially released, and I have no doubt it'll be soon, but please you've got to make a way for the poor people such as myself able to have access to a decent sized stash. I don't want to have to vendor everything that I get right after doing a scav run because I'm literally forced to due to the size of the standard edition stash. It's extremely annoying sitting in my stash screen for half an hour trying to condense the tiny box you've given me to only make space for one more run. That's really my only complaint with the game. Everything else is great! Except for the ridiculously low damage the pump shotgun does :D 

Maybe manage your inventory better. Plenty of people have proven that the size of a standard stash is more than enough, especially once you get down the road of having item and weapon cases.

18 hours ago, ClasterOG said:

The game is great for the most part. However, when it comes to the stash space for the $50 beta purchase, it seems a bit unfair for the size of the stash space compared to the other people who can afford to spend $150 on the beta. Notice I'm emphasizing the word "beta". I know it comes with the standard edition of the game when it is officially released, and I have no doubt it'll be soon, but please you've got to make a way for the poor people such as myself able to have access to a decent sized stash. I don't want to have to vendor everything that I get right after doing a scav run because I'm literally forced to due to the size of the standard edition stash. It's extremely annoying sitting in my stash screen for half an hour trying to condense the tiny box you've given me to only make space for one more run. That's really my only complaint with the game. Everything else is great! Except for the ridiculously low damage the pump shotgun does :D 

Honestly, you can manage better. 

I had a friend who had his stash filled with half quest items and half usable items. He had the standard and was able to manage just fine. 

Also, with the recent addition of the ability to put weapon cases into item cases, that allows a 4x4 square to hold 50 guns that are of 5 units long. That's 50 unsuppressed AKs or 50 suppressed AKs with no buttstock. Save inventory space by taking the handgrip and magazine out of guns. it will reduce their width by 1, which translates to anywhere from 3-6 saved inventory slots, and allow for much more storage space. The same can also be said about the buttstock, especially if it is a generic buttstock that can be easily rebought from Prapor when you need to use the gun/

I know that it does take a considerable grind to get to the level to unlock the weapon case, but I assure you it's not all that bad. Mechanic gives you bitcoins like crazy for his gunsmith quests, and those can be used for a weapon case. I got my first weapon case at my mid 20s. I had a 10x10 grid filled with AKs I had gotten from killing people, and half of those guns went right into my weapon case.

As for down the road, they are planning on adding the adility to upgrade stash space through quests and other various tasks. Yes, it may suck that you don't have as much space as an EOD player, but at the end of the day they can offer all the incentives they want to encourage people to buy the EOD version. Also, think of having standard as a way to push you past gear fear and use your gear. I see streamers who are level 40+ who have EOD and half to two thirds of their stash is empty. More stash space is not always good, as it encourages hoarding (I am guilty of this).

Edited by Sir_Mossy

19 hours ago, ClasterOG said:

The space eod users have isnt just for the beta, that's for the long haul. Exactly what another member said remove magazine and hand grip, you'll save so much more space. 

Haven't felt I need more space, myself. I manage to get what I need both early and late for wipes in my limited space, I kind of like it because it makes me hoard less and just use most of my stuff. 

For better or for worse. 

12 hours ago, ShadowsTakeFall said:

Maybe manage your inventory better. Plenty of people have proven that the size of a standard stash is more than enough, especially once you get down the road of having item and weapon cases.

Not for people who collect things for quests, before actually getting said quests or just trader items. Let alone enough gear to play before dying 2 times and having to do scav and hatchling runs constantly. Not a horder, just like " future proofing ".  But they have to make money, given 140$ is a bit much for max space, but like alot of people think this game will be worth the investment when its released. Now, don't mind me while i wait for a wipe to upgrade 

@ClasterOG

Hello sir,

in the future you will be able to expand your stash, max to Edge of Darkenss stash size, also we expanded every edition stash in the last major update.

But until that I recommend you to watch this video:

• Like 1

In addition to removing the magazine/grip from your gun, sell the magazines and bullets that you can buy from traders.  AKs take a lot of different magazines, so if you can't buy a particular magazine, you may be able to buy an equivalent version. 

You probably don't need as many chest rigs as you may think.   For those you do keep, keep them loaded up with clips / ammo / meds for easy loadouts, or just throw your quest items in there until you need the rig. 

You can nest your backpacks infinitely.

It may be tempting to keep some of the items you need for far off future quests, but I say sell them off until the quest is getting close.  Try to find key bars, wallets, and doc cases ASAP.

14 hours ago, Canthinkofnamee said:

Not for people who collect things for quests, before actually getting said quests or just trader items. Let alone enough gear to play before dying 2 times and having to do scav and hatchling runs constantly. Not a horder, just like " future proofing ".  But they have to make money, given 140$ is a bit much for max space, but like alot of people think this game will be worth the investment when its released. Now, don't mind me while i wait for a wipe to upgrade 

That I dont buy, I was easily able to store both usable gear and quest items while I still had a standard account and before buying item/weapon cases no less.