Sign in to follow this  
evilputty

Trouble with Adapting to Sound

evilputty

I love Tarkov, but I'm having issues adapting to the sound of gunshots; yesterday I was on interchange and I was getting shot from behind as I could see the bullets hitting the wall in front of me but it completely sounded like the gunshots were originating from in front of me.

Is this how gunshots are projected from the surfaces around you?

Footsteps and everything are fine and I can follow those pretty easily, but I just cant place gun shots when they are within 50 yards.

salidin

Game doesn't have full directional sound its 2.1 surround there is no rear speaker at the moment.  Hoping it just a placeholder but I can't recall any comments of reworking the sound engine. Just with map awareness I am usually able to tell where shots could be coming from so I adapted.

• Thanks 1

Skaldy

this has been a huge poblem since day 1. If you are not getting shot at and trying to pinpoint some gunfight near you; just turn around. You will notice gun shot sounds will be coming from some other direction than the initial sound.

Edited by Skaldy

Flavalicious

Interchange in general is a challenge. Game doesnt muffle sounds from shots on a different level.  Our group has learned to pretty much just anticipate where other groups are based on the shots.  Some areas on interchange always see action, so when a shot comes from that direction you can sort of assume its the hot spot in that direction 

evilputty

Thanks for all the responses guys; I've learned to try and turn 90 degrees to the sound to better locate shot origination.