OnepegMG

Emissary For the USA

Hi All,

Just wanted to say thanks for giving me a shot at being an Emissary.  I've been playing Tarkov since the Christmas 2017 sale, and immediately fell in love with the game.

I'm 37 years old, married with two kids, and I work IRL as a Financial Planner.

I realize how important the USA's community is to the development of the game (as are all of the others), and I want to let you guys know that I'll do whatever I can to make sure that my job gets done in the timeframe that it needs to get done.

When I'm able to, I run a youtube channel and a twitch stream dedicated to playing Tarkov.  My Youtube content tends to be instructional/educational in nature, providing guides for newer players on where to find loot locations, keys, and spawn points.

I'm really looking forward to engaging the community, providing them with news, running contests for the english-speaking audience, and cleaning up the grammar in the english translations (as long as it's OK with you guys).  I'm very good at proofreading/writing, and would be happy to fix the context errors in the translations to english if you'd like me to.

If there's anything that I can do for the community or anything that you believe I could do better, please let me know.  I want to make sure that I'm doing the best job that I can in this position.

Thanks again everyone, and I'm really looking forward to this :).

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

What kind of special access to development news do you get as an emissary?  I've been looking into applying, but if all it does is get me purple text on the forums I don't really see the point :)  I'm learning Russian (slowly but surely) so I'd love to help with translation stuff as well.

On 9/27/2018 at 8:20 PM, CaptainColon said:

What kind of special access to development news do you get as an emissary?

The intent is not to give "special access". Rather be an access point/a resource/support for the community. Not to be the first to learn and be the one to know it all. We also do not want to have emissaries who would want that. Not saying that is what you are looking for.

15 hours ago, Natalino said:

The intent is not to give "special access". Rather be an access point/a resource/support for the community. Not to be the first to learn and be the one to know it all. We also do not want to have emissaries who would want that. Not saying that is what you are looking for.

Thanks for the reply; I guess what I meant to ask is if it is a "formal" community position that comes with a job description and tasks that must be seen to in a timely manner or  just something that anyone who wants to spread the word about EFT and help other players out can sign up for and that doesn't carry too much responsibility beyond being a good community member ;)   

Edited by CaptainColon

b38e7c858218a416ef714554dce933a2