glhf116

Mosin Nagant / Budget Rifles Balance

glhf116

Hello fellow escapers,

I'm a bit new to posting, so forgive me if this is in the wrong thread.

Personally, I have been craving a budget marksman rifle for a while now, and after watching one of the BSG "developer diary" videos, I squealed when I saw the VPO-111, a bolt action hunting rifle chambered in 7.62 x54R. Of course, the Mosin has been confirmed to come soon™. However, in real-world prices, the Mosin has recently seen average prices of around $150 - $800, from what I've seen.

It's hard to balance an effective rifle, while being cost-effective, so level 5 newbies can't just run into a raid and one shot armored and well-equipped opponents. How do you guys think we should balance these new rifles coming in? I'd love a cheap bolt-action rifle (like the Mosin), but having it balanced. Perhaps the Mosin, while being cheap, should be locked behind quests? Maybe a lengthy bolt animation or limited round capacity? I don't know. I'd love to hear some suggestions!

Tower21

The level cap really prevents low level players from simply buying high end AP rounds , but even then the light ball ammo you can get early on is not very effective against the current armor ( 9.2.17 patch). And even 7n1 ammuntion is not cutting the mustard for armored targets. Even when you start getting higher level ammo for the 54r it still has issues, SNB for example does not do diddly against flesh targets.  ( zeroing was not an issue here due to height over bore , This was either a low chest shot, or high stomach shot.)