Little77

Emissary for South Africa

Good day My Name is Adriaan 28 y old

I am the new Emissary for South Africa forums Afrikaans section. I'm South African born Afrikaans Mother Tongue, Passion is gaming and help others. I work in the IT field as a System Administrator.

So nice to be here and join a awesome Tam and Community for this Game. I will do the best i can to provide Info needed to the Community as time goes on. Please feel free to contact me even just a chat  :)

• Like 2
  • Cold 1
  • Upvote 1

11 hours ago, BOOSTER_ZA said:

Hey! I'm South African too and a System Admin XD... English speaking though. Happy we have our own Emissary :) 

Thank you kind Sir

5 hours ago, Coden said:

Wait, wat?!? There is an Afrikaans section?

Yes there is indeed, i try to keep it updated as i can with new info provided

Dear escape from tarkov mods/devs.
We as the South African community would like to request a change in Emissary.
Someone that actually represents, and participates in the Escape from Tarkov community, that is a part of us, rather than someone that we do not know, does not represent the true community, does not communicate, and is a complete unknown to the Escape from Tarkov community in South Africa.

We are a 400+ strong group of South Africans who, laugh, cry play promote, troubleshoot, and sometimes complain together, in a joint love of Tarkov. but our emissary is nowhere to be seen. he is not in our discord, he is not on our facebook, he is not on our teamspeak, he is not on our WhatsApp. he does not represent us, and as such, fails us as a definition of an emissary.
Can you please allow us as a community to nominate our own?

Feel free to follow the link to our facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1903773619853151/

We thank you in advance.

• Like 1

I agree wholeheartedly with Wackomedic911 on this point.

We have many committed players in our community, many of which would make fine emissaries/representatives.

It is common in South Africa for us to avoid participating on international forums and reddit. We have been very committed to titles in the past, only to be overlooked by developers for years on end. So within our gaming subculture, we prefer to create our own discussion platforms and communities for titles, and Escape From Tarkov is no different. That should explain why there are so few 'ZA' members participating on this forum.

We have our own Facebook group, coupled with a discord, teamspeak and whatsapp group. The facebook group is fairly active with over 400 members and growing daily. It is not a lot compared to most other communities, but it is enough for us. 

Whether @Little77 is even aware that these groups exist I do not know. As an extremely active member in the South African gaming, I can say that I have never heard of Little77. I have no doubt he is an awesome guy with great intensions, but I think I speak for the majority of our communities' members when I say we would rather have Twinkie.

If nothing can be done about the elected position, I implore Little77 to actually join our local community.

Thanks,
Herco.

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 2

Good day Guys

Sorry that it lead to this, I was away The holiday Season and got back with Messages.

I have been playing Tarkov for few years now and Represent the Afrikaans Community page, i don't doubt that i can not do the English as well for our ZA community, But i was never invite to any ZA EFT groups, have posted a few things and no one contacted me and have been playing with bunch of friends. I have sent a request to join your Facebook group so lets give it a fresh start its the new year

I am happy to work with you guys and Serve our ZA community both English and Afrikaans speaking people, lets Make ZA the best Tarkov community.

Looking forward hearing from you

Edited by Little77
meaning
  • Like 2

On 1/10/2019 at 9:18 AM, Little77 said:

Good day Guys

Sorry that it lead to this, I was away The holiday Season and got back with Messages.

I have been playing Tarkov for few years now and Represent the Afrikaans Community page, i don't doubt that i can not do the English as well for our ZA community, But i was never invite to any ZA EFT groups, have posted a few things and no one contacted me and have been playing with bunch of friends. I have sent a request to join your Facebook group so lets give it a fresh start its the new year

I am happy to work with you guys and Serve our ZA community both English and Afrikaans speaking people, lets Make ZA the best Tarkov community.

Looking forward hearing from you

Great new years motivation. Keep it up. We are also here to support you!

b38e7c858218a416ef714554dce933a2