macpharlan

Delivery From The Past, don't start customs over on factory failure

macpharlan

This is a low level quest for Propor, I think it is insane to reset the first part of the quest (in customs) when the second part fails (die in factory). This game is already hard core with just escaping one map, please don't add two together, especially seeing that beginning quests are in customs and factory which are already hard hard hard core as they are.

Also, if it truly is a requirement to do the factory during the day, please remove that or make it abundantly clear in the quest, currently there is nothing showing that. And why would day or night matter?

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Upvote 3

gehras

Agreed, this was a total letdown after I managed to (miraculously) snag the document from Customs, when I hardly ever survive. Then, I instantly got blown away in the Factory, only to have to do the Customs portion again. 

Really took the wind out of my sails..

LoginTaken

I agree that quest should not reset upon death.

robertacedane

i can give you guys some tips for this
firstly dont go to factory gearless atleast have a pistol, a medkit and some water to survive
second hide in some place, there is some hiding spot in factory that no geared player go there nor scav patrol route ( i wont tell because you need to learn the scav ai and player behavior first )
third hide until it hits 20-15 min timer because usually geared player in factory play until 30-25 and then extract after getting kills and loots they need 

wfl

I like it how it is. The game should not be too easy

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

LoginTaken
10 minutes ago, robertacedane said:

i can give you guys some tips for this
firstly dont go to factory gearless atleast have a pistol, a medkit and some water to survive
second hide in some place, there is some hiding spot in factory that no geared player go there nor scav patrol route ( i wont tell because you need to learn the scav ai and player behavior first )
third hide until it hits 20-15 min timer because usually geared player in factory play until 30-25 and then extract after getting kills and loots they need 

While good advice, it does not change the situation.

Quest that reset in the game will create farming points. As high level  players will know that there will most likely be a high number of people trying to complete quest. Few people walk out of Factory alive, this would make it hard for people to complete quest. Not to mention if it reset further down the line as this will make it worse.

In factory, an area that is already farming heavy, it will get worse before it gets better. It would create a type of grinding that most will not like as its impractical and not player friendly.

Even if you get geared up, not a guarantee. Especially if you are killed by a hacker or your game crashes.

1 minute ago, wfl said:

I like it how it is. The game should not be too easy

Its game, not a simulation.

Easy is not the same as practical.

OneTrueLizardo

I used to think the same way when I started. Now that I've learned how to play Factory this quest is not that bad.

You need to know where the possible spawns are and where people are likely to push. If you get the machinery side spawn this quest is a breeze. Just wipe your side and work your way to clear the room and plant the thing. You can prone or stand in a particular spot in there so the player peeking from the room or from the bridge/rafters won't spot you.

If you get the first player side your best bet is go through the bathrooms for a quick route or if you like playing super safe circle to machinery spawn through tunnels and repeat the first set of instructions.

OR if you can get a companion or two to accompany you that will make this quest 100x easier. Try Blacksite Gaming discord (Kleans gang).

OneTrueLizardo
5 minutes ago, LoginTaken said:

Quest that reset in the game will create farming points. As high level  players will know that there will most likely be a high number of people trying to complete quest. Few people walk out of Factory alive, this would make it hard for people to complete quest. Not to mention if it reset further down the line as this will make it worse.I.

As someone who plays mainly factory, let me assure you there is no influx of players doing that quest. Very rarely you can find someone in that spot. It really is not an issue of "creating farming spots". It's not a spot you get "farmed at". 

wfl
1 hour ago, LoginTaken said:

Its game, not a simulation.

Easy is not the same as practical.

In this case, practical is the same as easy. Also I don’t see what is related to a simulation... 

the nice thing about the quest is that (after you survive customs) you are really stressed to make it through factory. For me, stress is one of the main unique things of this game. 

Edited by wfl

ShadeFlea

Find a team, run STRAIGHT to the objective. Took 3 of us 2 tries in customs and one try in factory. 

LoginTaken
On 8/24/2018 at 1:57 AM, wfl said:

In this case, practical is the same as easy. Also I don’t see what is related to a simulation... 

the nice thing about the quest is that (after you survive customs) you are really stressed to make it through factory. For me, stress is one of the main unique things of this game. 

It is not the same.

You already have stress in the damn game. Be it by losing your stuff or dying.  You should not need to keep doing repetitive points in a quest because you got killed. This does not add stress, just frustration. Frustration that is not needed.

No quest should reset upon death.

Plain and simple.

jukeboxknox

Just drop it at night. Run to place drop it. Escape. Go into day factory run straight to extract. Escape boom done

macpharlan
On 8/25/2018 at 1:44 PM, jukeboxknox said:

Just drop it at night. Run to place drop it. Escape. Go into day factory run straight to extract. Escape boom done

But having to resort to these types of workarounds takes away from the game. I like it hard, but not frustrating like the other poster pointed out. You do the custom side, it can take several tries and gives you a feel of accomplishment, let me keep that and move onto the factory side to experience the same, but don't kill my first accomplishment.

If they really want quests like this, they should let us keep the quest item in our safe box, that way it us up to us if we want to lose it.

OneTrueLizardo
9 hours ago, macpharlan said:

But having to resort to these types of workarounds takes away from the game. I like it hard, but not frustrating like the other poster pointed out. You do the custom side, it can take several tries and gives you a feel of accomplishment, let me keep that and move onto the factory side to experience the same, but don't kill my first accomplishment.

If they really want quests like this, they should let us keep the quest item in our safe box, that way it us up to us if we want to lose it.

It's not a "workaround". It's a legit way of doing the quest. Easiest way, maybe, but not a "workaround". Just because you can't do it the hard way does not mean the quest is flawed.

Also you mentioned that you don't want the game to " kill your first accomplishment". If the game threw you straight to factory after extraction from customs the situation would be exactly the same but you would not complain so much since the game required you to do it all in one go. The only difference now is that you get to regear and heal up before doing the second part. Stop thinking it as twp separate tasks and as one. Why would the game let you keep something you lost by dying?

I've had my fair share of salty moments with the quest items you can't hoard in your container. But npt being able to keep everything valuable safe is a good thing if BSG wants to keep any form of "hardcore" in the game. I used to HATE the delivery from the past mission but now I love it. After they removed the timed quests(which was ok) the only challenging quest left was this. Every quest is a breeze when you can just put the quest items in your gamma and hatchet run around. I say MORE quests should follow the challenging route of Delivery From The Past.

Jordick
Posted (edited)

+1 to this.

I've been stuck on this damn quest for almost 2 weeks now and it's kinda holding me back from progressing my questing.

The Customs part is fairly easy: Spawn --> Sneak in the C.office --> Snatch the Quest item --> Sneak out and extract. Sometimes you die, sometimes you don't.

But the Factory part is way too hard, because the map itself is pure cancer and the drop off location itself is very close to the Factory offices where most of the people want to go to. And what makes this quest absolute cancer is that you're sent back to square one after you die in Factory.

I've tried many different approaches for this quest, but none seem to work: Sneaking, rushing, hiding until most people are dead or have extracted, going in daylight, going in night time and so on. The only thing I haven't tried is to go in group (preferably 5 man party), but since I don't have anyone to play with that approach is not an option for me.

I'm not suggesting of changing the quest itself, but maybe allow players to insure their quest items so that we don't have to re-acquire them every single time when some bloodhound gets your scent and rushes at you in full class 6 armors and with their laser M4 mags full of the best AP rounds.

Edited by Jordick

Starioshka

I don't know what's the problem here mates.

I did it on the first go every single wipe since alpha.

Get the mission. Stick to the mission.

• Upvote 1

Regional

Found it quite easy with a buddy but I can get behind this concept tbh cause I've killed a few people trying to do this mission hehehe 

Saws_n_Sins

Just join a 5 stack on factory to do your quest, won't have to worry about any other PMCs and can get the quest done and run-through to complete it before any player scavs even spawn in. It's the easiest way to complete that quest.

BanditMaka
On 8/23/2018 at 7:12 PM, macpharlan said:

This is a low level quest for Propor, I think it is insane to reset the first part of the quest (in customs) when the second part fails (die in factory). This game is already hard core with just escaping one map, please don't add two together, especially seeing that beginning quests are in customs and factory which are already hard hard hard core as they are.

Also, if it truly is a requirement to do the factory during the day, please remove that or make it abundantly clear in the quest, currently there is nothing showing that. And why would day or night matter?

It's getting you ready for quests later that are basically that x3.  It's one of the only real survival quest early on, that you can't just yolo and cheese. Having to survive in a survival game ain't that bad.

When I started I'd do it in groups, but these days I just solo it, you can most definitely do it at night, that's the best way.

• Upvote 1

Xeraphas

I could honestly get behind this. Just split getting the docs and placing them into 2 separate quests then have to re-accept the quest for factory whenever you fail like with Jager quests. Some early game quests are just too brutal for new players and the factory part han be heavily rng dependent on wether the player has a good spawn or factory key to reset a bad spawn.