Krinkles

Iron Sight Issues

Krinkles

So I've found that, in my experience, that aiming with iron sights consistently hast he bullet being lower than where the point of aim should be; much, much lower in a lot of cases. At first I figured I was just too close, and the sights were zeroed for something further out, but as I tried it at varying ranges I found it consistently shot low (much greater distances becoming subject to excessive displacement long before anything conclusive could be surmised). However, at close and modest ranges, it was low every time. Like, real low; seemed to want to pull to the left on the first shot as well. I shot it several times after the first to make sure it in itself wasn't just scatter, and each time the patterns held. Somewhat ironically, the grouping on the PPS proved to be most consistent at closer ranges, but it still pulled way down. On it's image I've moved closer to the target (center of the 5 on the licence plate) after shooting, to show this.

I tried to sidestep to give an idea of where I had leveled the shots when I fired, but there's some variance, just with the character's static breathing and all. I was holding Shift during each shot, but not afterwards.

Now, this could totally be a setting I don't know about, or some weird like "oh, well your gun-skill is low so your character's constantly overcompensating when the start shooting," or something like that, but I don't believe it is. With the stubby 74, especially, I find I'd basically have to cover the target in the large flat surface under the top of the sight to get it closer to where I'd want it to be.

Iron Sight Issue.png

RageFu

Sometimes I have issues with iron sight, but not all the times. Sometimes it works great for a big range and sometimes it`s like 2 heads below where I aimed even for the closest ranges. I will follow this so maybe I find out about my problem.

• Like 1

AdhesiveTeflon

I believe the AK74N is zero'd out to 300m with the iron sights so you'll have to aim a bit higher than normal if you're at the normal 50-100m engagement range.  Pistols seem like they're zero'd out to like 25m so you have to put the front post "dot" on the target's head, slightly obscuring the target.

FrontalLobe
On 8/26/2018 at 7:19 AM, Krinkles said:

So I've found that, in my experience, that aiming with iron sights consistently hast he bullet being lower than where the point of aim should be; much, much lower in a lot of cases. At first I figured I was just too close, and the sights were zeroed for something further out, but as I tried it at varying ranges I found it consistently shot low (much greater distances becoming subject to excessive displacement long before anything conclusive could be surmised). However, at close and modest ranges, it was low every time. Like, real low; seemed to want to pull to the left on the first shot as well. I shot it several times after the first to make sure it in itself wasn't just scatter, and each time the patterns held. Somewhat ironically, the grouping on the PPS proved to be most consistent at closer ranges, but it still pulled way down. On it's image I've moved closer to the target (center of the 5 on the licence plate) after shooting, to show this.

I tried to sidestep to give an idea of where I had leveled the shots when I fired, but there's some variance, just with the character's static breathing and all. I was holding Shift during each shot, but not afterwards.

Now, this could totally be a setting I don't know about, or some weird like "oh, well your gun-skill is low so your character's constantly overcompensating when the start shooting," or something like that, but I don't believe it is. With the stubby 74, especially, I find I'd basically have to cover the target in the large flat surface under the top of the sight to get it closer to where I'd want it to be.

Iron Sight Issue.png

maybe a POV issue? 75 vs ??

• Upvote 1

FrCoUk
10 minutes ago, FrontalLobe said:

maybe a POV issue? 75 vs ??

I was reading that POV can vary on where the bullet hits depending on the weapon and the sight used.