Hall0wed

are resets mandatory?

Hall0wed

whenever i play games where i collect progress i absolutely hate when all of a sudden people are like, "HEY! btw you're now back to square one!" are their any forced account resets in this game?

FreeGearSet

Yes, every major patch there is usually a full character wipe sometimes that includes trader rep and sometimes it doesn't. It's in beta, we play this game to test it so the released game is the best it can be. A wipe will probably be in action when the 0.10 patch releases around next week or so

BanditMaka
4 minutes ago, Todders said:

Yes, every major patch there is usually a full character wipe sometimes that includes trader rep and sometimes it doesn't. It's in beta, we play this game to test it so the released game is the best it can be. A wipe will probably be in action when the 0.10 patch releases around next week or so

Pretty much, other than that it has been said, the next update may not require a wipe. But always be ready for it.

• Like 1

Hall0wed

goddamn it, it honestly makes me feel like im playing for nothing. I like to look at my progression and feel satisfied that i have good things. To have that taken away feels like my hard work has been stolen away and is meaningless.

Zotach
Just now, Hall0wed said:

goddamn it, it honestly makes me feel like im playing for nothing. I like to look at my progression and feel satisfied that i have good things. To have that taken away feels like my hard work has been stolen away and is meaningless.

well just don't play untill full release then, you know this game is a beta

Hall0wed

i know its a beta, and honestly im still gonna play because its one of the best designed shooter games ive ever played (in my opinion). As long as they dont do resets when the game reaches full release I can live with it.

Janos1986

Please Lord Nikita don't wipe Trader's Rep again, or at least make it so that if you sell stuff repeatedly to a trader it goes up a tiny amount.

It's ruining the momentum of the character's progress for me on the first 10 levels, or for any player that has to face high level PMCs for that matter.

Edited by Janos1986

RageFu
12 hours ago, Hall0wed said:

whenever i play games where i collect progress i absolutely hate when all of a sudden people are like, "HEY! btw you're now back to square one!" are their any forced account resets in this game?

The game isn't ready yet, so there should be wipes were you lose all your loot and experience until the game gets released.

RageFu
11 hours ago, Hall0wed said:

I play to have a good time. I don`t mind losing all the progress or items. Today I pretty much tried to find bambies and help them out, had a good time when they survived the battles!

26 minutes ago, Janos1986 said:

Please Lord Nikita don't wipe Trader's Rep again, or at least make it so that if you sell stuff repeatedly to a trader it goes up a tiny amount.

It's ruining the momentum of the character's progress for me on the first 10 levels, or for any player that has to face high level PMCs for that matter.

@Janos1986 if you`re playing right now, lets party up and play a match!

Janos1986

@RageFu I'm currently at work, I'm just here for some banter. By the way, I suck.

MIIB-87
On 8/26/2018 at 11:20 PM, Hall0wed said:

Is there a way to see how many "full" server resets is left? (or set to come between 2019-2020?) I know so many peoples who are waiting and coming play when these resets come to an end. "Been waiting since 014-015, pls dev more info". Thanks!

Hamm
Posted (edited)

most people want a wipe so they can mosin people easier/use low tier gear cause they have gear fear. then when people get good gear they whine for another wipe. 

me personally, i hate wipes.

Edited by Hamm
  • Upvote 1

Chaos_Theorist

I imagine wipes will be far less common (if ever) in the full release.   With the sounds of multiple PMCs and possibility of long-term injuries.  I would imagine we will have multiple PMCs each with their own individual stats.  Sometimes having to use another while one is recuperating.   I, for one, would love having no more future wipes when it releases.  And just make it VERY slow and difficult to level soft skills.  

Sir_Mossy
1 minute ago, Chaos_Theorist said:

I imagine wipes will be far less common (if ever) in the full release.   With the sounds of multiple PMCs and possibility of long-term injuries.  I would imagine we will have multiple PMCs each with their own individual stats.  Sometimes having to use another while one is recuperating.   I, for one, would love having no more future wipes when it releases.  And just make it VERY slow and difficult to level soft skills.  

The intended outcome is for 0 wipes post-release. Since they are primarily focused on testing and less about balance, wipes are necessary to ensure that the game doesn't get stale (literally anyone and everyone running max gear every raid). Once this game gets nearer to full release, we can expect loot balancing and a move towards zero wipes.

Seriously though, imagine if this game hadn't wiped since day 1. Everybody would have max level in every skill, everybody would be level 40 at least, and every raid would consist of max gear firefights everytime.

The intended purpose of wipes is to add a form of incentive to play, which that is leveling up. If they didn't wipe and added new content that is locked behind a specific trader level or something of that nature, the patch would burn out in less than a few weeks and be near dead.

• Like 1

Chaos_Theorist
31 minutes ago, Sir_Mossy said:

Seriously though, imagine if this game hadn't wiped since day 1. Everybody would have max level in every skill, everybody would be level 40 at least, and every raid would consist of max gear firefights everytime.

Agreed.  That's my only real fear late in the game after release.  How will they deal with the inevitable "ceiling?"

Ixa
2 hours ago, Chaos_Theorist said:

Agreed.  That's my only real fear late in the game after release.  How will they deal with the inevitable "ceiling?"

I feel like the "ceiling" problem your afraid of lies within the RPG element of this game.The benefits given from the skills are too drastic that it makes "late game" PMCs play more braindead than beginner PMCs. Im not saying there SHOULD NOT be a discernable difference between a newbie PMC vs a war veteran PMC, but as it stands, a max lvld stated PMC, is no longer realistically human, (im looking at you recoil control) and the difference between effort given and results is absurdly unproportional. Due to the nature of what the game is supposed to be, there should be no theoretical "ceiling", its a game where you start off as a scrub and progressively get better (skill wise, strategy wise) and you continue to play to strive to be better than the infinitely random opponents you face per raid.

But with the current skill system, you get max level skills, the game becomes a casual experience rather than an immursive one as you know ur ganna be landing ur full auto 100 round spray  from 200 meters away with any weapon without even moving your mouse. This completely kills the sense of progression at high levels. Additionally, there is also almost no incentive to play any different than the other players in your raid.

Take a game like CS:GO for example, its a game where (for the mass community and for the individual) the skill "ceiling" is so high, it can takes years to reach, and even with a "ceiling" new strategies are being innovated along side player training. Its all about how I can practice to land every single bullet of multiple full auto spray patterns, to land the cross map smoke throw 100% of the time as efficiently as possible, etc, etc.

EFT does not have this sense of progression or the environment to promote cunning decisions, which I think is mostly due to the skill system and how blatently bad the quest system and static looting system is.

• Like 1

Sir_Mossy
16 hours ago, Ixa said:

I feel like the "ceiling" problem your afraid of lies within the RPG element of this game.The benefits given from the skills are too drastic that it makes "late game" PMCs play more braindead than beginner PMCs. Im not saying there SHOULD NOT be a discernable difference between a newbie PMC vs a war veteran PMC, but as it stands, a max lvld stated PMC, is no longer realistically human, (im looking at you recoil control) and the difference between effort given and results is absurdly unproportional. Due to the nature of what the game is supposed to be, there should be no theoretical "ceiling", its a game where you start off as a scrub and progressively get better (skill wise, strategy wise) and you continue to play to strive to be better than the infinitely random opponents you face per raid.

But with the current skill system, you get max level skills, the game becomes a casual experience rather than an immursive one as you know ur ganna be landing ur full auto 100 round spray  from 200 meters away with any weapon without even moving your mouse. This completely kills the sense of progression at high levels. Additionally, there is also almost no incentive to play any different than the other players in your raid.

Take a game like CS:GO for example, its a game where (for the mass community and for the individual) the skill "ceiling" is so high, it can takes years to reach, and even with a "ceiling" new strategies are being innovated along side player training. Its all about how I can practice to land every single bullet of multiple full auto spray patterns, to land the cross map smoke throw 100% of the time as efficiently as possible, etc, etc.

EFT does not have this sense of progression or the environment to promote cunning decisions, which I think is mostly due to the skill system and how blatently bad the quest system and static looting system is.

They intend to make the ceiling problem not an issue anymore, and that's for a few reasons.

1. They intend to balance looting in a way to where you are never 100% "set for life" in this game, but will always have something you have to work towards, whether that be food/water, weaponry, safety, etc.

2. They removed this feature recently, but skill degradation. I don't know if they are 100% ditching that plan for good, or if it is just removed for testing phases currently. They had an old system where, if you didn't train a particular skill for a while, it would degrade and potentially lose levels. While most physical skills would be immune to this, other more specific skills (weapon-specific for example) would be much more prone to this issue. 

While having skills at max does tend to make the game easier, having max stats doesn't make your guns do more damage or ammo pierce armor more frequently. The buffs that are received from skills, while still decently powerful, do not make you unkillable. Max strength and stamina, for example, are very strong at max, but they don't give you invulnerability. I see the concerns and the point that skills do tend to make certain aspects easier, but they could always be balanced/changed accordingly.

• Upvote 1

Chaos_Theorist
4 hours ago, Sir_Mossy said:

2. They removed this feature recently, but skill degradation. I don't know if they are 100% ditching that plan for good, or if it is just removed for testing phases currently. They had an old system where, if you didn't train a particular skill for a while, it would degrade and potentially lose levels. While most physical skills would be immune to this, other more specific skills (weapon-specific for example) would be much more prone to this issue. 

Don't Memory and (whatever physical counterpart) already do this?  And when they are maxed, as I understand, it totally prevents degradation.

Spectator6
On 8/25/2019 at 6:21 PM, Chaos_Theorist said:

Don't Memory and (whatever physical counterpart) already do this?  And when they are maxed, as I understand, it totally prevents degradation.

I believe all mechanics related to "skill degradation" are disabled at the moment.

And yeah, you're right, if the memory skill eventually serves to counteract the skill loss, then I think it should be removed/nerfed-significantly once "forgetting" comes back into the game.

Or, maybe they just make it a bit more involved. For example, if I've learned and relearned and relearned again a specific weapon platform or skill, maybe at some point the "loss" becomes less severe? Or maybe the "regaining" the lost levels becomes easier since it's something that has been grooved multiple times? Just some thoughts...

Sir_Mossy
On 8/25/2019 at 7:21 PM, Chaos_Theorist said:

Memory is basically disabled ATM, as well as skill degradation. 

Also, According to how I'm understanding the skills/wiki, memory is everything buy physical skills, and metabolism is tied to physical skills. Memory will allow you to retain all non-physical skills more effectively, while metabolism will help to retain physical skills. They could still be tweaked to, instead of no skill degradation, maybe something like a massive reduction in degrading instead of removal.

TheWay

I can see that this topic has gone off-topic.

I think one of our articles fully answers the topic's question:

All the information about wipes/resets can be found there.

Since the topic was answered, I am locking it.

#Locked