Make Hydration and Energy Persistent?

AngryShrew

AngryShrew

I do not think I have ever seen a point and time where my energy got low enough to the point that my character really needed to eat something. To place slightly more emphasis on the fundamental survival aspects of the game, is it possible or planned to have the hydration and energy status become persistent through matches? For example if you finish with 20 hydration and 98 energy, then the next raid will have you starting at the same number (or slightly lower to account for travel time)? Conversely, if you finish with 0 hydration and start a new raid without drinking anything, then you start with dehydration. For the most part all I seem to use food for these days is to make me thirsty so I can drink to increase metabolism, would enjoy seeing it have more practical value and impact.

Additionally, in the long term would serve as a way to test persistent damage if that is still intended, making it highly beneficial to heal, eat, and drink between raids.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
LoginTaken

I think the goal at this point is to make people stick around longer in a raid, thus causing people to consider such things.

That said you are a mercenary that works for a company whose interest is linked to your success. They would feed you between raids. Unless you are a free agent.

That said, I am fine with the implementation of a persistent state of hydration/energy status provided you can buy military rations or have a quick system that auto fills you upon raid completion provided you have the funds/supplies in inventory.

OneTrueLizardo
14 hours ago, LoginTaken said:

They would feed you between raids. 

No they would not. The game lore specifically says the pmc's are cut out from others, stranded, abandoned and they are alone and need to survive and escape. Heck, it's in the title! Escape From Tarkov.

Ok, but if you die it would reset your needs? Would you be able to feed and drink on your global inventory or just inside the raids? Because people could kill themselves so they don`t need to eat/drink, just stash everything in the global inventory and get in a raid and die.

But maybe if in the future you had to walk from map to map being able to arrive in a map at the middle of the line in map selection, and you could change gear between maps but had to go all the way back to a spawning map in one of the sides of the line if you died.

Its a really bad sketch, Im sorry!
IECc9eY.thumb.png.905264ec3e9e5b7418ef40ec91b0387e.png

Im sorry, maybe I went too far for just an ideia. But what I mean to say is that there has to be a punishment for dying or people would just kill themselves to reset. Maybe lose some XP, maybe lose some skills, I dont know.

Edited by RageFu
  • Like 2
LoginTaken
5 hours ago, RageFu said:

Ok, but if you die it would reset your needs? Would you be able to feed and drink on your global inventory or just inside the raids? Because people could kill themselves so they don`t need to eat/drink, just stash everything in the global inventory and get in a raid and die.

But maybe if in the future you had to walk from map to map being able to arrive in a map at the middle of the line in map selection, and you could change gear between maps but had to go all the way back to a spawning map in one of the sides of the line if you died.

Its a really bad sketch, Im sorry!
IECc9eY.thumb.png.905264ec3e9e5b7418ef40ec91b0387e.png

Im sorry, maybe I went too far for just an ideia. But what I mean to say is that there has to be a punishment for dying or people would just kill themselves to reset. Maybe lose some XP, maybe lose some skills, I dont know.

....people are not going to kill themselves to reset food/water. That is absurd.

3 hours ago, LoginTaken said:

....people are not going to kill themselves to reset food/water. That is absurd.

A Hatchet run is basicaly kill themselves, there is people doing it all the time and there`s no reason for it. With a scav every 10 minutes you must effort yourself to end up with no loot, but still, there they are, they can`t risk losing a pistol!

Edited by RageFu
  • Like 2
LoginTaken
2 hours ago, RageFu said:

A Hatchet run is basicaly kill themselves, there is people doing it all the time and there`s no reason for it. With a scav every 10 minutes you must effort yourself to end up with no loot, but still, there they are, they can`t risk losing a pistol!

......a hatchet run is done to try and get stuff and get out without risk of losing anything you brought in.

How is that for a reason ?

1 hour ago, LoginTaken said:

......a hatchet run is done to try and get stuff and get out without risk of losing anything you brought in.

How is that for a reason ?

So people don`t want to waste 7k in a pistol, but they would waste 6,5k for food and drink. Yeah right!

• Like 2
Arlochorim
5 hours ago, RageFu said:

So people don`t want to waste 7k in a pistol, but they would waste 6,5k for food and drink. Yeah right!

The way I see it hatchet runs are more about efficiency than profit and loss.

I tend to do them quite often for questing, simply because when you need for farm an item such as graphics cards or a key for a quest, it's much faster and simpler to load a game run to where you want, loot what you need to, gamma the items and then disconnect.

Why waste time or money buying a pistol, mags, and ammo when you don't need it? Most of the time if you see a player that is willing to chase or gun you down, then a pistol isn't going to help all that much, and if you see a scav you can avoid or outrun them, they're not great at hitting moving targets.

I mean, the amount of times you need to run raids for some quest items is ridiculous and Even though it may only take 2 mins and 10k ish to buy and equip a pistol, ammo and load the mags, it would soon add up.

3 hours ago, Arlochorim said:

The way I see it hatchet runs are more about efficiency than profit and loss.

I tend to do them quite often for questing, simply because when you need for farm an item such as graphics cards or a key for a quest, it's much faster and simpler to load a game run to where you want, loot what you need to, gamma the items and then disconnect.

Why waste time or money buying a pistol, mags, and ammo when you don't need it? Most of the time if you see a player that is willing to chase or gun you down, then a pistol isn't going to help all that much, and if you see a scav you can avoid or outrun them, they're not great at hitting moving targets.

I mean, the amount of times you need to run raids for some quest items is ridiculous and Even though it may only take 2 mins and 10k ish to buy and equip a pistol, ammo and load the mags, it would soon add up.

So you disconect when you gathered the itens you need. You know, its pretty much the same as die, you go MIA and lose the itens on your inventory, you just keep the gamma. So again, people don`t care about killing themselves.

• Like 1
  • 2 years later...
Rippl3r0
Posted (edited)

None of the venders sell any food worth the price, it's a massive waste of resources to replenish your character. Either make the hydration and energy less punishing or make it possible to gather the resources needed to actually survive the stupid system. 
Maps hardly have the food or water needed and the chances of finding any when you really need some is near impossible.

I didn't spend however much money on a game to be forced to wait a stupid amount of time for my character to replenish pretend energy and hydration. 

Edited by Rippl3r0
MarcBorgia

I think the system is fine, plenty of raids ive needed to get food/water. Ive died a couple times because of it too, mostly because i wasnt paying attention. I dont ever buy food or drink, i keep my case stocked and when it gets low i run woods or interchange. One or 2 raids will usually fill up the case if im looking specifically for food. Im a slower player so shoreline i take food in with me. Reserve most of the time also because i try to wait til the train get theres for raiders. Woods i do t bother because its easy to find. I very rarely eat out of a raid, build the metabolism, you actually have to for one quest.

tobiassolem

At this point the game already has a persistent energy/hydration system. This is meant to be a part of the game.

Thread closed, #answered