Colonel Twerkins

Attention! Some Responses for you

13 hours ago, spillyphil said:

It's called muting, a feature that is in most if not all multiplayer games. They will have a mute/disable voice communication option. If they talk, they will most likely give away there position pretty easily. Too many people whining about a feature that is needed in the game.

• Upvote 1

On 9/13/2018 at 1:10 PM, Natalino said:

For communication between randoms.

1 word: Mute

EFT is for a player base that includes you and many others. That includes those not on your discord or yourself too.

You are not losing anything by this either.

Assuming too much and also, there will always be bad apples for anything. Such as the complaints about each and every single feature that can possibly be implemented such as this one. When the solution is 1 word: MUTE!

couldnt have said it better man honestly.

On 9/16/2018 at 12:59 AM, Iskatanoth said:

It's called muting, a feature that is in most if not all multiplayer games. They will have a mute/disable voice communication option. If they talk, they will most likely give away there position pretty easily. Too many people whining about a feature that is needed in the game.

Assuming that a mute function is realistic

i'm kidding 

Here's a good question for the development team that will never be answered;

Is this game still going to be as hardcore as it was advertised to be? I'm tired of all these basic cutie streamers crying that the game is too difficult, and causing mayhem on your Reddit page (THAT ISN'T THIS FORUM -- THE ONE YOU SHOULD BE PAYING ATTENTION TO SEEING AS THE BETA FORUM IS ONLY ACCESSIBLE BY THOSE ABLE TO GET INTO THE BETA..). 

Why is this game becoming super casual? Why are you listening to people and kids, that I understood when I pre-ordered, that this game would not cater to?

Is there any hope left? Will this still be hardcore; or should I just give up and assume I've been ripped off by people falsely advertising a product I wanted so badly to enjoy?

I'm frustrated beyond all end. More so now that you decide to immortalize streamers that have been worsening the community overall by bringing in kids and young immature adults that demand you water down this hardcore experience; the sad part is that you've obliged and given in. I get that you want to make money, but this is beyond pathetic.

2 hours ago, Electric_Tiger said:

Here's a good question for the development team that will never be answered;

Is this game still going to be as hardcore as it was advertised to be? I'm tired of all these basic cutie streamers crying that the game is too difficult, and causing mayhem on your Reddit page (THAT ISN'T THIS FORUM -- THE ONE YOU SHOULD BE PAYING ATTENTION TO SEEING AS THE BETA FORUM IS ONLY ACCESSIBLE BY THOSE ABLE TO GET INTO THE BETA..). 

Why is this game becoming super casual? Why are you listening to people and kids, that I understood when I pre-ordered, that this game would not cater to?

Is there any hope left? Will this still be hardcore; or should I just give up and assume I've been ripped off by people falsely advertising a product I wanted so badly to enjoy?

I'm frustrated beyond all end. More so now that you decide to immortalize streamers that have been worsening the community overall by bringing in kids and young immature adults that demand you water down this hardcore experience; the sad part is that you've obliged and given in. I get that you want to make money, but this is beyond pathetic.

Why exactly are you 'frustrated beyond all end'?? Personally if it hadn't been for Summit I wouldn't have bought the game.. Don't really see why you're getting so worked up but anyway... 

4 hours ago, AlexL84 said:

Why exactly are you 'frustrated beyond all end'?? Personally if it hadn't been for Summit I wouldn't have bought the game.. Don't really see why you're getting so worked up but anyway... 

+1 I Bought the game because of summit too

5 hours ago, AlexL84 said:

This game was advertised about not ever going to be catering to a large group of people.

Reddit and streamers have proven that this is wrong.

3 minutes ago, Electric_Tiger said:

This game was advertised about not ever going to be catering to a large group of people.

Reddit and streamers have proven that this is wrong.

But ultimately it's a business just like any other, BSG certainly aren't gonna close the shop and keep working for a closed community for free for the next few years.. If the community grows, their budget grows, their team will too, and ultimately the game will become better and better. Don't see why you're getting upset over it, it's a good game, of course it's gonna attract a lot of people.

So your argument was that the game has gotten popular to the point streamers are playing it? I don't understand how summit playing the game has made it less hardcore.

17 minutes ago, AlexL84 said:

But ultimately it's a business just like any other, BSG certainly aren't gonna close the shop and keep working for a closed community for free for the next few years.. If the community grows, their budget grows, their team will too, and ultimately the game will become better and better. Don't see why you're getting upset over it, it's a good game, of course it's gonna attract a lot of people.

Half of the worlds population could play this game. You're right, that would make it better. 

However, that is not the point I am trying to make. If their sales increase, the level of hardcore should never decrease; yet some of the best ideas I have seen for this game have been born and ultimately ignored on these forums..

There is very little interaction from community managers and developers here. I understand that developers are busy, but isnt that why we have community managers? Right now all I see in interaction is the bare minimum, and since I've been here it seems like that has taken a toll on the quality of the game.

Right now it seems like a lot of streamers are playing this game like it's a disgusting Call of Duty mutation. This brings in players looking at it like it is full of fast pace twitch gameplay. When something doesn't work out in that sense, they run to reddit and cry about it.

Not just that, but iirc the last maintenances were announced everywhere but here - their 'official' forums. I can't even tell when Q&As will be, because I've never seen an attempt of announcing it before the questions are already answered and posted here. Most of the time I'm wondering where those questions even come from.

That's my take on the process so far.

Edited by Electric_Tiger
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Electric_Tiger said:

Half of the worlds population could play this game. You're right, that would make it better. 

However, that is not the point I am trying to make. If their sales increase, the level of hardcore should never decrease; yet some of the best ideas I have seen for this game have been born and ultimately ignored on these forums..

There is very little interaction from community managers and developers here. I understand that developers are busy, but isnt that why we have community managers? Right now all I see in interaction is the bare minimum, and since I've been here it seems like that has taken a toll on the quality of the game.

Right now it seems like a lot of streamers are playing this game like it's a disgusting Call of Duty mutation. This brings in players looking at it like it is full of fast pace twitch gameplay. When something doesn't work out in that sense, they run to reddit and cry about it.

Not just that, but iirc the last maintenances were announced everywhere but here - their 'official' forums. I can't even tell when Q&As will be, because I've never seen an attempt of announcing it before the questions are already answered and posted here. Most of the time I'm wondering where those questions even come from.

That's my take on the process so far.

I have to agree that I get more news and info from reddit than off this forum which is a bit bizarre. 

2 hours ago, AlexL84 said:

I have to agree that I get more news and info from reddit than off this forum which is a bit bizarre. 

Show me if reddit have this. :)