Natalino

New Great Britain and Netherlands Servers: Your Thoughts

Escapers!

We actively monitor for the need of servers in various regions and act accordingly as always. Recently, we introduced game servers in the new data centers in Europe. Specifically, in the following regions:

• Great Britain
  • The Netherlands (these servers have been upgraded, new servers have been added)

Judging by the traffic and activity these servers are getting, they seem to be popular among EFT players. As such, we wanted to make this announcement alongside asking your opinions about them. If you are a gamer in this region or play on these server regions, please, let us know what you think about them.

Thank you in advance and enjoy!

photo_2018-08-29_07-25-53.jpg

• Like 14
  • Upvote 6

I'd like to see servers added to the West Coast of the US or Canada, Nikita said during the latest podcast that we'd get Seattle back... Still only LA available on the West Coast yet so many options on the East Coast? 

I haven't been able to matchmake very well on GB servers, the server is scarce and takes over 2 minutes each time to get into a match. There are not many players in the lobby either.

6 minutes ago, Manager2k said:

One server to Finland and region block Russians out of it would be great and needed.

Even better, one local server just for you, and block anyone else out of it, would be great and needed ¬¬' 

About new servers - i'm playing on London, it's going fine, but as Todders said it takes about 2 minutes or more to match as PMC, as a Scav you enter the raid instantly. 

16 minutes ago, Todders said:

I haven't been able to matchmake very well on GB servers, the server is scarce and takes over 2 minutes each time to get into a match. There are not many players in the lobby either.

check multiple servers <80ping ...FR, GB, etc ... 
it works for me.(I am a FR player)
-
Devs, Thanks for the new servers. Continue your work!

Edited by iotah
  • Like 1

Speaking of servers, I don't think I ever saw the Warsaw server being operational - it continually sits with "timed out" status. What is the point of having it listed when it never works, to the best of my knowledge? It is not even meme funny anymore... 

London was a good shout, TY boys, keep it up been getting the best pings I’ve ever seen on a online game, shame ping dosnt really make a difference atm, with the way the game is ...but soon right! 0.10 hyyyype 

Still did not try the new servers, but of course any new server additions will be appreciated and will definitely help the community get better game experience.

• Upvote 1

Most often when I play with a squad it's with people from Europe and Finland (I have friends there), so we choose a server that works best for us (I'm NA West). England and Netherlands give us both around the same latency so I'm very happy to see these servers introduced

7 minutes ago, Shalzones said:

Cool and all, waiting on the South America servers for about a year now...

This is about Europe, not South America. If I recall they're looking for reliable providers for South America.

Cool cool would be if you guys added servers somewhere in Spain for us portuguese folks, at least Valve added them to CS and ever since my ping is usually around 40-50 which is pretty good while in London/Netherland servers it goes for 60+ which is still okay but you'll have to rely on your internet being a good boy.

Just now, Maki_Nishikino said:

This is about Europe, not South America. If I recall they're looking for reliable providers for South America.

Yes, it is, but at the same time it is about servers... And if i'm not wrong, they are looking for reliable providers for A YEAR... 
Don't get me wrong, but a YEAR listening to the same thing?
I'm sure you guys have a good experience in game, so as i do (not as much as everybody else) but we (south americans) would appreciate a bit of support from the community, and not this type of depreciation every time we ask about it.

• Sad 2

7 minutes ago, Shalzones said:

Yes, it is, but at the same time it is about servers... And if i'm not wrong, they are looking for reliable providers for A YEAR... 
Don't get me wrong, but a YEAR listening to the same thing?
I'm sure you guys have a good experience in game, so as i do (not as much as everybody else) but we (south americans) would appreciate a bit of support from the community, and not this type of depreciation every time we ask about it.

How do you know we've been looking for a year? That would be assuming the amount of SA players was already high then. When the player count hits the numbers, and they have the right provider, it will happen. The ends have to justify the means.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 час назад, Manager2k сказал:

One server to Finland and region block Russians out of it would be great and needed.

Well i constatly see FIN players on SPB servers . So mb lock FIN from Ru servers to play on EU only. 

10 minutes ago, Colonel Twerkins said:

How do you know we've been looking for a year? That would be assuming the amount of SA players was already high then. When the player count hits the numbers, and they have the right provider, it will happen. The ends have to justify the means.

Because i'm a user, and you can check it, for exactly a year now... And when i joined the community it was already a thing being discussed with the emissaries... 
Regarding the provider, and the numbers for it,  we got our first "answer" towards it a few months ago in a Tarkov Podcast with Klean, and the community has been really helpful trying to find one since then... and we still got nothing... I think it's really easy to ALWAYS depreciate our efforts to ASK for it...
By the end of the day, we get the same answer you just gave me!