FreedomFighter

Possible Fix for slow launcher install/download speed

FreedomFighter

**Just a heads up, this is something that worked for me, there is no guarantee that this will work for you. Please understand this before you complain about it not working!**

Alright so if you're here I'm sure you should already know of the stupidly slow install speed of EFT. Well I searched everywhere I couldn't find a definite answer that ensured results. But one thing I did, (whether recommended/safe or not) did seem to drastically work. This "fix" is a simple change of your DNS server. Before changing this I was getting the usual 15 - 50 KB/s, but afterwards I was getting 750 KB/s - 1.5 MB/s. If you don't know how to access and change your network DNS I will be providing a link to where I found this, otherwise if you do know how to access and change your DNS, you will be changing your Preferred DNS to: 208.67.222.222  and your Alternate DNS to: 208.67.220.220   After successfully changing this, restart your PC, and try your download again. Just as a side note, I also do run the program as administrator, not sure if that makes a difference. So after this process, if it does work, you should see a very obvious change in download speed. If this did not work for you, I'm not sure what to say. Really hope this helps!

Link to site of information, just scroll down to (Part 4 Changing DNS Settings on Windows  ---->https://www.wikihow.com/Increase-Internet-Speed

Desktop 8-29-2018 9-33-36 AM-185.png

20180829_174806.jpg

Desktop 8-29-2018 5-47-08 PM-930.png

• Upvote 1

Diabolivirtus

didnt work. duck this

Edited by Diabolivirtus

Maki_Nishikino
6 minutes ago, Diabolivirtus said:

didnt work. duck this

Use a VPN.

KarmasGotcha

Found the fix guys, Turn off IPv6 on your adapter. That will fix your problem quickly. I went from 50k a second to 26mbs. 

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 3

Krongo009

Holy hell, KarmasGotcha you're my hero! Ignore my slow speeds but it worked, I was getting 40 kb/sec now I'm at a solid 2mb

Screenshot (59).png

• Like 1

KarmasGotcha
1 hour ago, Krongo009 said:

Holy hell, KarmasGotcha you're my hero! Ignore my slow speeds but it worked, I was getting 40 kb/sec now I'm at a solid 2mb

Screenshot (59).png

You see, Karma can come in both ways, good and evil. You got the good one!! LoLz

Awptix89

OMG it works! We need to pin this topic....

+100

• Like 1

FreedomFighter
3 hours ago, Awptix89 said:

OMG it works! We need to pin this topic....

+100

Glad it worked for you bud!

• Like 1

BornToBench
On 8/30/2018 at 8:30 PM, KarmasGotcha said:

Found the fix guys, Turn off IPv6 on your adapter. That will fix your problem quickly. I went from 50k a second to 26mbs. 

you are a legend my man. 100k/b  to 17 MB/S. Now can we please get some of the forum mods to pin fixes like these, so their players don't have to go through so many silly hoops to play the game. 

Edited by BornToBench
  • Like 1

KarmasGotcha

I am just glad that I could help you all out. I was also tired of the extremely slow download speed, so I tried tinkering at my computer and just happen to be one of the first 5 things I check. Glad I did and I am glad that I was able to help you all out!!

kdrowe1992

Hey, I am now having this issue and IPv6 disable has not worked at all for my download speed. Any other Ideas?

rozin

I am also having issues downloading this. I'm actually struggling with downloading the Bsg Launcher, it too is taking forever to download. i clicked on the Bsg Launcher file, then clicked on "show in folder", then clicked  run as admin and it opened the Bsg Launcher. Even though in google chrome is showed the file still downloading lmao. so i click on "install" and chose the same harddrive that i installed the  Bsg Launcher on.  and yes i too have like 3kb download speed, but thats not the only issue. i keep running into the "zip file" error that people have had issues with as well. the zip file is my main issue so any help is useful, thanks! btw i am from the US, west coast.

Chicken_Bomber

I am having the exact same issue and im on the west coast too. i tried with turing off ipv6 and nothgin got better. I have gig internet and im getin 43kbs...

rozin

hey man so i installed the tunnel bear vpn and this helped my download speed. ive tried everything else and this was the last step. it bumped me from 3kb to 2 mb :D

i also had to pay $50 for tunnel bear

btw lmao this is a nightmare

if you do get tunnel bear, make sure you switch your location to romania... much faster than having it on US

Edited by rozin

Zendule

I disabled IPv6 restarted client and now super fast! 10 MB/sec

image.thumb.png.568f99a0253002e5b80f14219e74fffc.png

LadyCadaver

Wow, can confirm. Disabled IPv6 and went from 4MB/Sec to 12MB/Sec.

Cheers!

MichiWege

not working for me

KRiSFR55

it works for me thx !!!!

hycron

Haven't had issues with this myself but glad to see a fix for all these people. It's always a slight kick as well when it's something so simple that fixes issues :D

TheSuperLino

Turning off the IPv6 in your Windows settings worked ! I went from 300kb to my normal 60 mb.

Tarkov.PNG

Viola

I've tried all the methods listed here as well as others and I'm still having under 500kb/s download, rather than what I would usually be downloading at 10mb/s. I've tried using a VPN at many different locations, the IPV6 thing, you name it, yet I still have really slow speeds. I had this issue over a year ago when I first played this game and just redownloading it again to see the same issue is a big shame. 

PIG-Mathieu

Hello,

If you have slow download speeds, please try to disable your IPV6 settings here :

image.png

If you still have this issue, reinstalling the launcher and running it as admin can help.

If you can not fix the issue with the changes above, please contact us here :

https://www.escapefromtarkov.com/support

We'll help you as soon as we can. Regards.

• Upvote 1

WiIdBoy

This is the biggest joke, i cannot belive they refuse to fix this. they just take your money and continue on. tell you to download every possible browser to try and try again. just to blame it on you. when ive never had any issue ever installing a game like this. they completley avoid giving a refund and refuse to respond. i will never buy another game from this company ever. avoid them like the plague. i have had multiple people very good with pc try and help me on this and have never seen anything like this. they all said the same thing. get your money back this company is a ducking joke.  im having the same issue as the rest of you. ignore their support team. they dont give a poo anyway. they will just give you the run around until you give up and continually blame you anyway.

• Like 1